It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In this Thread -- Your Thoughts on Why We Have Not Captured/Found Osama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My guess is that OBL will be killed off when the time is right.

At least that's what the "official" report will say.

The man has made well over a trillion dollars for those who benefit from military conflict.

As long as he's out there in the minds of the public, the money keeps flowing.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Let's approach this from a more practical standpoint, on an operational level if you will, in the grand scheme of things he simply is not that important anymore! The non-hierarchical nature of Al-Qaida lends itself to being capable of carrying out operations without permission from the powers above, i.e. OBL. Now the one point in his favor is that killing him will worsen things for awhile. Yet another reason the U.S. government is devoting more resources to solutions that can prove beneficial in the long run, not simply making a martyr of a man who is consistenly on the run and is no longer the one holding the power.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
“Eyes” (physical human eyes and lack thereof) are really the issue.

Ill placed reliance and shifts toward technical collection over human intelligence spanning decades starved various intelligence collection organizations of the severely needed skilled personnel to complete the job of physically hunting down OBL once the insurgency in Iraq began to fully flare.

Scarce human resources shifted from hunting down OBL to immediate priorities and multiple needs such as locating community held weapons caches, State-side counterterrorism and especially counterinsurgency (where technical collection yields far less results).

The exploitation of human agent networks in Iraq/Jordan have been credited to the ultimate demise of Al Zarqawi; but Al Zarqawi was operating inside the region of the insurgency and a concentrated, retooling, and growing human counterinsurgency network. I personally doubt the cautious OBL is calling any shots from the field of his operations and I imagine his human counterintelligence network on the ground is still superior to the one hunting him.

mg

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
As I remember it OBL was in an overseas American hospital having surgery on 9/10... so he wouldn't have been released for at least a few days. Then in December of 2001 he died from complications. At that time there was pictures of him dead and an article in a Afganistan paper. Wish I had saved those at the time... because i've never seen them again since.

So, besides not really having an enemy to kill or bring to justice for 9/11... Bush would rather get richer and have a 26% approval rating than say OBL is dead and have no war.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by thecandyman]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Oops... sorry, it wasn't in an Afgan paper... it was in an Egyptian paper.

Translation of Funeral Article in Egyptian Paper: al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633 News of Bin Laden's Death and Funeral 10 days ago Islamabad - A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death. The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago. He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The same way al-zarqawi was important as being a link to al-queda in Iraq (Which was the only excuse Bush had left after no WMD's were found) Osama Bin laden is the remaining link to the entire War On Terror. If he was finally captured people might think the boogey man is gone and that there would be no more need for Patriot Act or Domestic phone taps, or the building of prisons, or any of these Government contractors to continue sucking off of Americas teet. Maybe when our treasury is low enough they will toss us a bone and show us some burnt rags that are pieces of whats left of OBL

Pie

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecandyman
Oops... sorry, it wasn't in an Afgan paper... it was in an Egyptian paper.

Translation of Funeral Article in Egyptian Paper: al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633 News of Bin Laden's Death and Funeral 10 days ago Islamabad - A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death. The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago. He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

I guess now I know why I call him Osama Been Forgotten.

Is this story true? do you have a link for it? And why(if it is; is noone breaking this wide open?)....

Looks like another Hoffa on our hands

I Have to agree with some of the others in here. Whether OBL is dead or alive; it may be irrelevant, if the powers that be, do not wish him found. He will not be found.

You just gotta love unending war

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's truly amazing how easy it is to dupe people.

Honestly, most of you who think we're really after OBL seem to be reasonable, intelligent people (well, most of you anyway
). Yet, you smart people are being conned so bad it isn't funny.

I REMEMBER all the times Zarqawi was caught, KILLED, and the "almost got 'em" stories. So, even now, I have doubts on this supposed kill. Just like the WMDs, the weapons that would hit Britain in 45 minutes, and the fake Bin Laden tapes. Someone already mentioned Tora Bora, where we had him, but I'll add those other times when we had Al CIAda, er, Al Qaeda big wigs and they miraculously were flown out via helicopter, er, escaped.

I've spent a lot of time in H-Town, I know a hustle/scam when I see one. You ain't gonna con me...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Uhm, probably due to the fact that the FBI does not want him in conjunction with 9/11.
www.fbi.gov... No where does it even mention 9/11.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

Is this story true? do you have a link for it? And why(if it is; is noone breaking this wide open?)....

This is the best I can find here.

Translation is what is said above. so I am not going to copy/paste that part.

Here is a link to more interesting reading.

www.welfarestate.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I can tell you why!!!

As i posted before and never got much of a reply in a thread i made awhile ago the reason you dont see huge news about it is because we already have him (or have had him might be better).

During the major operations in afghanistan we were using air bases in kazikstan i have a very close relative that was working on that air base he refuled airplanes. On one occasion during the night their was a helicopter that landed and needed to be refuled, this helicopter as he said had the most security that you could imagine he has refuled airforce 1 before and he said the security was heavier for this one helicopter then he ever saw for airforce 1. He said he was told to not look inside the aircraft what so ever to only refuel it and go back to the office, So he did his job and went back to the office and he said he was told that the helicopter was carrying somebody of very high importance (but this didnt come from the people that told him how to do his job) because incidents like this dont ever take place.
While back at the office he had to sign paperwork on agreeing to never speak of the incident and that it was of national security.

He told me about this incident while being home on vacation leave he is still in the military and has been for about 8 yrs now. we were having a few drinks playing some pool when this story came out because we were talking about politics and he was iritated about Bush and i had asked him why he didnt like him and he said because he is a liar beyond your imagination.

He felt as though Bush and company was holding Osama for poilitical gain because the elections where near and that if bush was going to come close to losing they were going to release information on his capture to insure a political gain.

Now one could say i have made this up or thought it up but i havent take it as you will this is what my cousin has told me ( who is like a brother to me). Now why wasnt it made public since this has been a few yrs since all this has happened well your guess is as good as mine but i would say thier is 2 possibilities.

1. the government is using him as a puppet to control terrorist movement and create key attacks that would only benefit the government for example the london bombing certainly woke england up while alot if the country was mad and protesting against the war (and still are).

2. The government and him have been working hand in hande all along and this is thier way to create an open door into the middle east for US millitary, We the US have alot of interest's in middle east oil while Osama Bin Laden's family has alot of interest in American buisness and financing.

either way this IMO and i truly beleave that if we were actualy out to kill osama he would already be dead 20 million price tag (might be 40 now I DK) and strongest most advanced millitary in the world and he is still running LOL ya ok

[edit on 11-6-2006 by MadMachinist]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by TONE23

This is the best I can find here.

Translation is what is said above. so I am not going to copy/paste that part.

Here is a link to more interesting reading.

www.welfarestate.com...

Would the US tell if Bin Laden was dead? HELL NO! He is the Icon by which the war on terror is waged...they cant have they're poster boy die! I suspect he will be the new "Cobra commander"- The war on terror was already foretold by GI JOE cartoons 20 years ago....lmao

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe he is dead.... he is like the hitler of the 20th century. Under horrid conditions and also isnt he like on a dialasys(i cant spell
) He couldnt survive plus being followed by sf operators and MAYBE if he dodged airstrikes he might be alive. Most of the videos that have been recieved r older arent they. Plus there hasnt really been any movies of him gloating.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i think the us knows where bin laden is, im sure they are watching him 24/7 and when we get into some trouble over there they will all of a sudden find him to divert everyones attention. either that or hes dead

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Every B grade movie need's a cheesy "bad guy" and that's all OBL is to this FAKE war. I can guarantee next time theres some "REAL NEWS" to report some how there will be some OBL audio released threatening the coalition to add plot points to this B grade movie people just love to eat up with a spoon

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)
www.infowars.com...

Berntsen led a paramilitary unit code-named "Jawbreaker" in the war that toppled the Taliban after the September 11 attacks.

In the book, Berntsen says his Jawbreaker team tracked bin Laden to Afghanistan's Tora Bora region late in 2001 and could have killed or captured the al Qaeda leader there if military officials had agreed to his request for an additional force of about 800 U.S. troops.

But the troops were never sent and bin Laden was able to escape, he said.

His account contradicts public statements by Bush and former Gen. Tommy Franks, who maintained that U.S. officials were never sure bin Laden was at Tora Bora.
www.infowars.com...

They had UBL in their hands and he slipped away.

Also, you cant forget the fake UBL Video and the fact that he denied involvement in 9/11 and said it was most likely factions within the US government.... Then all of sudden he admits it... Why? Was he made scapegoat and didnt know it? I think so and I think thats why we have not found him and why we wont ever find him. Just look at what Bush said.

Also, he wanted to drive america off of the Middle East, why would he do something that would bring them there?

[edit on 11-6-2006 by Tasketo]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe it's something more simple, guys. Personally, I think it's because Bin Ladin and his entire family is loaded. They've got enough money to keep him hidden and keep strong forces protecting him. Also, he's probably already hired mystics to block remote viewers and such. That I'm pretty sure of. There could be another reason...

Hey maybe he's dead. I'm sure he's not the only guy out there who looks dark and sinister with a really crazy colored beard. *shrugs* I don't actually thing it's the American gov't, for once. Because they would have accidently let slip by now.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Osama bin Honeypot

Another possibility is that U.S. intelligence knows exactly where he is and follows his every move, but chooses not to capture him for now.

Instead, they monitor all communication to and from him and his close associates and use it to track down the rest of the organization.

That may not be what's going on, but it's not an unusual tactic.

After all, being able to take down the whole organization is preferable to getting just one member of it. And sure, once they decide the time is right, they can swoop in and grab him.

When they do, however, they are going to want to capture him very much alive.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My thoughts on why we have not captured Osama is because of the president. I think that Bush is protecting him. As long as Osama remains at large he has his scapegoat and free ticket to do anything he wants to include starting wars. I am also under the belief that the President is protecting Osama as he does not want to piss off the Bin Ladens or the Saudi's. The Bush family and the Bin Ladens are good friends as the Bush family represents the Bin Ladens and the Saudi interests here in the US. For that they get a nice large income (If we could only make that kind of money). So there is another point, it is a money game. If you follow the links between the Bush family, the Saudi royal family and the Bin Ladens, it would be very evident as to the connections there is and why Osama has not been captured. Even though we have cut off his funding, there is no reason to think that his family is going to sit idely by and let us take him.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Maybe it's something more simple, guys. Personally, I think it's because Bin Ladin and his entire family is loaded. They've got enough money to keep him hidden and keep strong forces protecting him. Also, he's probably already hired mystics to block remote viewers and such. That I'm pretty sure of. There could be another reason...

Hey maybe he's dead. I'm sure he's not the only guy out there who looks dark and sinister with a really crazy colored beard. *shrugs* I don't actually thing it's the American gov't, for once. Because they would have accidently let slip by now.

Actually The Bin Laden Family disowned him in the nintees(1993 if im not mistaken)
so that financial tunnel is cut off(or so the family say's)

Of course hes not the only guy who is dark skinned and sports a long beard. But just as every snowflake is unique; so too, is each person. The govt would NOT let THIS slip(if they have anything to do with it).. remember they actually helped perpetuate the Area 51 rumors for decades.

also if you look back and start to really dig up past connections(which has been covered in a myriad of threads here at ATS) you begin to see a bigger puzzle. while each piece MAY seem insignifigant, when put in its proper place; it becomes more important. There are way too many RELEVANT coincidences to just cast aside the importance of each; without first placing it under an enormous level of scrutiny.

Personally, I feel that the govt DOES have at least SOME role in this that is less than honest(to say the least)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join