It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Rid of The Bush Rodeo Link

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You know what, if this site claims to be impartial it needs to start acting like it. Individual members may well have their own personal agendas against certain nations, myself included, but I expect the hosters of this site to show a little more integrity and the Bush Rodeo link with that Chinese woman being silenced is plainly promoting an anti-American thread.

Grow up ATS and lose the racism.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

yeah, right (sarcasm)...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
huh rodeo link? have i missed something

this site is anything BUt racist show me an example the creators are!!

i completly disagree with you if you hadnt noticed

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia

here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by ronishia

here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

haha i actually thought that was funny

so um to the poster of this thread how does this mean that the administrators are anti american or indeed racist

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No.

They've posted threads on there before, which promote a Pro-Bush Agenda, one which promotes an Anti-Bush Agenda. The whole point it, it is a well researched thread with an interesting debate.

Dislike it?

Term: Take a hike,
comes to mind

Furthermore, racism involves ATS placing one race above another. Now I know Bush is an idiot, but he's not a different race. Unless you believe those people that claim he is a monkey.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
No.

They've posted threads on there before, which promote a Pro-Bush Agenda, one which promotes an Anti-Bush Agenda. The whole point it, it is a well researched thread with an interesting debate.

Dislike it?

comes to mind

Furthermore, racism involves ATS placing one race above another. Now I know Bush is an idiot, but he's not a different race. Unless you believe those people that claim he is a monkey.

Well, Racism & prejudice can include national origin, sex, or ethnicity...

and the take a hike? yeah thats real intelligent....

to the original poster........get use to the anti-american hatred on this board, some I have recently learned, are anti-globalist....which I fully agree with. however, there are some on this board that will hate you simply for the fact that you are an american that supports bush.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
XphilesPhan - Racism by it's very definition is only about Race, Black, Brown, Red, Yellow or White. Let's get that clear.

Winchester Ranger T - "with that Chinese woman being silenced is plainly promoting an anti-American thread"
The Chinese woman was being silenced by members of the American and International Press, primarily because she was calling President Hu of China to the carpet for Chinese actions against it's own people. In the United States of America, a country to which I belong, we call that silencing the Freedom of the Press. Something which the Bush Administration in the land called Amerikkka does on frequent basis along with the removal of many other freedoms as well. Wake up son, smell the coffee, both parties sold out to the Military-Industrial complex a long time ago, so you're either with them, or you're an American.

p.s. I didn't see any Racism in that thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
XphilesPhan, where do I claim I am being intelligent?
Racism: The term race distinguishes one population of humans (or non-humans) from another. [Wikipedia]

Springer and Skeptic are both from where? Where is Bush from? I am sorry, but no Antrhopologist or Sociologist, would ever accept the term in that way. In fact, any educated person knows that the idea of race has been heavily disproven.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Dislike it?

comes to mind

Term: Immature,
comes to mind - grow up.

The THREAD is anti-American, and it is being shown as a poster child on the opening page.

If you promote things that are anti-American, you hate or dislike Americans, and that's racist - get it?

It isn't the first time I have seen this kind of thing being promoted, it's about time that someone raised an objection. You people need to cut this crap out, there's more than enough of it in the forums.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
such drama, indeed...

next time Winchester Ranger T, please use the "ideas / complain" link on top...

based on the drama this thread created already, it would have been a way better route to go...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
If you promote things that are anti-American, you hate or dislike Americans, and that's racist - get it?

Oh, the American race...

How is the post anti-American BTW?
As it is an American right to criticize its government, isn't the post actually all American?

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Guy Fawkes]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
HOW is that thread anti American?! I, being an American Veteran am offended by your implication that making FUN of the President is "un American"... It's as American as American GETS. That's one of the great liberties we hold true here that many other nation's citizens wouldn't DARE participate in.

Lighten Up a little comes to my mind.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T

Dislike it?

comes to mind

Term: Immature,
comes to mind - grow up.

The THREAD is anti-American, and it is being shown as a poster child on the opening page.

It isn't the first time I have seen this kind of thing being promoted, it's about time that someone raised an objection. You people need to cut this crap out, there's more than enough of it in the forums.

Why does it bother you so much? if you don't like it, don't read the thread. Not the end of the world guy. No need to start a pointless thread complaining about it, especially when there is a button for such things(complaints).

And its not anti-american to not like Bush and co. Its not anti-anything. Just because Bush says "You're either with us, or with the terrorists" doesn't make it so, whether or not he thinks God chose him to be Prez or not. People have the right to post whatever they choose on their website. And since this isn't owned by you, it shouldn't really be your prob should it? There are MANy sites I don't like, but I don't harass and complain to the webmasters and call them racists for voicing their opinion. Thats kind of childish no?

[edit on 6/9/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You know what's anti-American?

Going around calling everything you don't like anti-American.

America is a nation defined by its freedoms, freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom of the press. If you dream of an America without those fundamental pillars, I pity you.

Just for that I hope someone jumbo-sizes those pics and makes them dance and sing in a pop-up just for you.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry but did you just give yourseft a pat on the back there? Maybe it should say "its about time I raised and objection". because someone implies someone else brought this up. But that someone was you.

Sorry this was off topic... I just wish I had done this to some of my threads that got shot down!.)

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I agree it should be taken down...but not because of the reason this poster states...because that reason IS FALSE.

It's been up there too long, needs something new.

And while I'm at it...

I object to this thread and think it needs to be taken down because it promotes anti-freedom of speech and anti-Valhallism -

both of which I'm vehemently opposed to!

*Val wonders if he just jumped to an illogical conclusion because all his friends do it.*

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Wow, what an interesting posting. Ok, so a picture of a woman being silenced by the American and International press on American soil, while she is showing her opposition to the president of China is anti-American? Racist??? The only thing I can assume you mean is the American race. What exactly is the American Race? I must have missed that one in my 23, almost 24, years of living in the United States.

Since when is it a guilty thing to show something that some people will find funny? You will never show something that everybody finds funny! It doesn't exist! It also lead into a serious debate about what was going on that day, and the ramifications of the event. It was not just a jab at the President of the US, it was also showing how the media covered the woman's mouth when she was trying to exercise her right to free speech.

If everytime you run across a thread that you don't agree with, it doesn't necessarily make it anti-American. Maybe it makes it anti-American in your opinion, but that is your right. That doesn't mean the rest of the users on ATS should bow to your opinion. I also would really like to know why you would attempt to throw shame upon the staff of ATS for a thread? Wouldn't it be more shameful if they didn't allow the thread in the first place based on their own political views? I would also like to add that if you find, along with others that do, that if you have this deadset idea in your heads that there is a left-wing agenda on this website, then maybe you should bring some of your right-wing friends over to join this site. Personally, the part of your intro that turned me off the most was the use of the "left-wing" sidearm, that is usually only pulled out when there is no other way of defending your point of view. It usually corresponds with "anti-American", "anti-Christian", or "racist". You managed to pull two out of the three extras. Coincidental, eh? I would like you to show me where in the laws of this country it is said that we must follow your lead above all others.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Rodeo is an the only true American sport, and as such should be given it's due credit. The Major enjoys nothing more than trading in his starched uniform for an even more heavily starched pair of Wranglers, a Cinch shirt, a 100x beaver Stetson and a beltbuckle big enough to be a hubcap on an M1A2 Abrams. Why come first week of December if I'm not off in some God forsaken country, you'll find me smack dab in the middle of Las Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo, which of course is another God forsaken country. but enough about the Major, and a little more about this here Bush Rodeo debacle.

While I find nothing entertaining about the Bush administration lassoing a few people at a press conference, it is by no means the first! Why during the Clinton administration I saw ole Hillary with a bit in here mouth more than once, and let's not forget Bill throwing a saddle on a "blue dress heifer" for an eight second ride. You would have thought that the whole darn rodeo would have ended when Vince Foster had that unfortunate six gun quick draw demo go awry.... But the show must go on. As always, the my hat is off for the unsung heroes of the rodeo, the ones that keep everyone safe, yes, the rodeo clown.

So is it racist? No.

Is it un-American? Hell no.

Is it even original? Nothing ever is.

Well, I hope the Major has cleared up many misconception about rodeos not being American.

Remember, "Poster Up!"

Dismissed.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Major Discrepancy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join