It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Tropical Storm? Tropical Storm Alberto

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
and there were times we were all going 10mph on the interstate, simply because you couldn't see, even with wipers on full blast

Gazrok - surely you use RainX washer fluid? No one in Florida should be without it, just for regular sudden blinding deluges. It causes the rain to sheet right off the windshield and I've never lost visibility since we started using it.

Oh course, it doesn't help traffic congestion if the other people on the interstate still can't see, but it's good to not lose visibility yourself.

It's such a huge safety issue (especially for people who are visiting and aren't used to those sudden soakers), I usually insist on putting it into my families rental cars when they visit.

Any of my fellow Floridians who haven't stumbled on this yet really should do it.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Yep, I use RainX and anti-fog, but the rain was simply too much for anything to compensate...so the entire Interstate slowed to like 10mph, literally (I looked at the speedometer).
It was basically like someone dumping buckets of water on your windshield, continuously... But luckily, it was only for about 10 minutes (that bad), but was just nasty and windy (and I'm in a van) the whole way home that night....

Still, we needed the rain, so this was actually a GOOD storm to get.....

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join