It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Meteor Explosion Hits Norway

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
...or there is something out there they don't want us to know.

I was thinking along the same lines.

I'm new here and am not familiar with everyone, so I ask, do we have any amateur astronomers on this site who can take a look to see?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
does anyone know where this hit yet? wanted to see what would come up on google earth

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   

The meteor struck a mountainside in Reisadalen.

Your guess is as good as mine where in norway.
Witness said seeing boulders fall of mountain.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i cant seem to search Reisadalen it tells me no results found on google earth haha

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
does anyone know where this hit yet? wanted to see what would come up on google earth

Why do you want to see it with Google Earth?

The pictures used by Google Earth are at least some months old.

Also, only the places they think are worthy of it get the high resolution photos.

But even in these high resolution photos I think we cannot have enough detail to see the effects of something like this.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
i know lol just wanted to see the area itself thats all.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
meatier meteor

anyone hear of this one before?

The event can in size probably be compared to the Kap York meteorite, that in prehistoric time fell in Melville Bay, Sassivik south of Thule. Findings from the meteorite consist of a number of iron meteorites totalling 50 tons

[edit on 10-6-2006 by AGENT_T]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
possible impact area was over Troms and Finnmark counties.

article dated yesturday (the 9th) you have all proberly seen it but il post link anyways
www.aftenposten.no...

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
maybe seeing as it happened around 6/6/06 that it was not mentioned, even though it was supposed to have happened next day.

so you could say it happened on 6/6/6 in the usa timezone.

[edit on 10-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
that thing looks more like a UFO to me

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   

i know lol just wanted to see the area itself thats all.

I suppose its somewhere in the region shown bellow.

Lyngseidet is the place where the photo from the second link in the first post was taken.

[edit on 10/6/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This thread is the first I have heard of this in the UK, I have even asked my partner Lisa who listens to radio4, they usually have stories that never make the mainstream media, but nothing.

Anyway, is this it by any chance...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's certainly in the right place, the co-ordinates match, well roughly because of the camera angle, it certainly looks like an impact crater to me, with a long shockwave flattened area leading to it, hmmm.

I wonder, why would google-earth have this imagery so quickly? Did they know about this too? or is this imagery a fake? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Comments about the size of this meteorite are pure speculation until such time as a geologist can get out there and find the impact crater.

Till then, it's a non-story:

"Meteorite hits earth. No damage caused"

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Comments about the size of this meteorite are pure speculation until such time as a geologist can get out there and find the impact crater.

Erm, did you have a look at the picture i posted above yet?
Does that not look like an impact crater to you?

Note the shockwave effects and the blackened area at the impact point, looks to me like it took out a quarter of the hillside, i will try to get some sort of scale superimposed on that image if i can.

Regards,
Q

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Let us know who in the mainstream media, or when NASA puts out the story. So far, i dont see anything from the big reputable sights. They're treating it as a non-event. I beg to differ- its a HUGE event, imo.

BTW, i am trying to get a Meteorologist friend of the family and very popular in the North East to come ATS and explain what he knows....also, weather manipulation, etc.
Will let you know more by next week.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Why do you want to see it with Google Earth?

The pictures used by Google Earth are at least some months old.

Also, only the places they think are worthy of it get the high resolution photos.

But even in these high resolution photos I think we cannot have enough detail to see the effects of something like this.

I feel i may be talking to myself here but here goes anyway,
Google earth DO seem to have some imagery of the impact site, using the co-ordinates on the link to the norwegian geo-dudes who monitored this, i have tracked down the hill in question...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Again i say, how is it that google earth seem to have what looks to me like imagery of a crater when hardly anyone outside of this forum is talking about it?

By my reckoning (GE's measuring device) the impact has blown out a section of that mountain 1Km wide by 2.5Km long, leaving a black scar at the centre about 250m in diameter, BUT, and yes it is a big but, that doesn't look real to me, it's hard to tell at this resolution but it looks like a hastily cobbled together fake, i've seen better renderings of a meteor impact crater on low end PC games!

Any thoughts on this?

Q

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I have had a look at the links...but perhaps I have missed one?

I cant find the image of the crator?? can you post the link again??? pweeeze

I feel it is something far more sinsiter...someone posted an article on here about weapons testing?

If it were your typical meteor incident, the media would be all over it. As they have done on other occasions. Farout, in AU..the sky only has to fart and the media are covering it...perhap we dont have enough drama over here????

The timing (2am) & in a remote area...certainly seems sus..and who would expect Norway??? There is diddly squat on this in the media...now silence to me is always a sign that something isnt right!!

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Why do the big ones always hit remote, unpopulated areas in the far north?

good place to bring down a ufo?

just a thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
One thing that did strike me as odd about the initial report was the time it took for the meteor to travel across the sky. I've seen plenty of shooting stars and one or two bolides, and they are FAST. I can't imagine being able to turn after the flash, aim and click they were so fast.

And that Google Earth photo does look pretty fake, imo.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join