It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Viet Nam Era Medical Studies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This may or may not be going into the right place, but I have a question that has been bothering me for some time.

Background:
I am a Viet Nam Era veteran of the U.S. Navy. In the mid 70's I was stationed in Bermuda with my family (wife and infant son). During that time we were exopsed to mercury poisoning just above what the government said was acceptable limits. All of us have suffered from odd symptoms sice that time. All of us suffered from bouts of depression of varying lengths. Both my wife and I have been diagnosed with diabetes, years later, (not sure about son coming down with diabetes later in life) though my case may be in part caused by my time in VIet Nam as the VA now awards disability to Nam vets with a diagnoses of diabetes any time after they were in country. My wife died of a particuylarly bad form of cancer.

The official version of our mercury poisoning from the government at the time was that a water catchment area on base in Bermuda was accidentally p[ainted with a mercury based paint and the amounts of mercury, though above acceptible limits, was so small we would have no problems from it. This in spite of the fact it was discovered because so MANY of us were sick, with dizziness, aches, fever, etc.

Question:
I have discussed this issue and possibly resulting medical problems in another forum. Several other vets reported similar incidents, and something was said about a coveret medical operation conducting testing on service members during that era. No one could give me definitivde answers or more information on this topic.

How about some help on this. It has always troubled me, and probably will, particularly since I am beginning to experence memory tropubles in addition to the depression and, other issues.

new topics

join