It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone please explain this - guy in tower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here's the video link: www.prisonplanet.com...

I haven't seen this on here yet. What happens is that there is a guy waving what looks like a shirt in a window on the north tower near the top. In the video right before or as the second plane hits the south tower, you can see an explosion on one of the hit floors.

The question I have is if you watch the video, as this is happening, there is a puff of smoke that shoots out where the guy is. Now, what would have caused this? Obviously his window is open for him to be waving this flag out of it. So, you can't say that pressurized air caused this.

I'm not saying that what they are speculating is true, but it caught me that something does happen as the second plane hits. Comments?

[Mod edit - Changed link to other forum to direct link to video.]

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
A well timed coincidence!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
A well timed coincidence!

Squibs going off in the North Tower at the exact moment flight 175 hits the South Tower .... squibs that don't affect the Tower until an hour later??

Or could it be the sonic boom from 175's explosion?

Obviously his window is open for him to be waving this flag out of it. So, you can't say that pressurized air caused this

Explosions of that size tend to produce waves of compressed air.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by vor75]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would agree with you except wouldn't these pressurized waves also affect any other broken window? I mean if this "squib" as you call it (I don't think it's anything as such) came because of pressurized air either going in or out, then wouldn't all other open windows experience this pressurized air?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor75
Or could it be the sonic boom from 175's explosion?

So you're saying that the 767 was traveling faster than the speed of sound?

I don't know what that is, but you'll notice that smoke comes out from many places in the building at that instant. The man also fails to appear from that window anymore to wave for help, so we can assume whatever happened at least seriously injured him. How would a pressure wave seriously injure or kill someone so as to prevent them from continuing to simply wave a shirt in the air?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I would agree with you except wouldn't these pressurized waves also affect any other broken window? I mean if this "squib" as you call it (I don't think it's anything as such) came because of pressurized air either going in or out, then wouldn't all other open windows experience this pressurized air?

They do -- you see a simultaneous change in smoke density all over the building as the shock wave passes. Here are just a few "new puffs" circled:

[/URL]

Animation of how a shock waves reflects and refracts:

www.galleryoffluidmechanics.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11So you're saying that the 767 was traveling faster than the speed of sound?

No - I am saying the massive explosion probably generated a shock wave (aka sonic boom, percussion wave, aerial shock ... etc).

The man also fails to appear from that window anymore to wave for help, so we can assume whatever happened at least seriously injured him. How would a pressure wave seriously injure or kill someone so as to prevent them from continuing to simply wave a shirt in the air?

That's quite an assumption from that distal a vantage point. How do you know he didn't just duck for a few seconds?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11So you're saying that the 767 was traveling faster than the speed of sound?

No - I am saying the massive explosion probably generated a shock wave (aka sonic boom, percussion wave, aerial shock ... etc).

I'm not sure what kind of shock waves would be produced, but there sure as hell wouldn't have been a "sonic boom" unless the plane broke the speed of sound. That's all I'm pointing out.

That's quite an assumption from that distal a vantage point. How do you know he didn't just duck for a few seconds?

Have you seen something I haven't? I've seen a longer clip of this and the man doesn't get back up.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Could have. But it appears that he lets go of whatever he's holding and waving. You can see it flutter down near the end of the video. Doesn't really prove anything because he could have just got frightened from the explosion at the other tower and just let go of it to duck inside for a bit. I just thought the puff of air was interesting.

If it was a shock wave, wouldn't the main smoke coming from the impact zone also show some kind of displacement?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GriffIf it was a shock wave, wouldn't the main smoke coming from the impact zone also show some kind of displacement?

It does seem to a bit – especially on the right side of the hole.

Also, as the fire ball moves upward, you can see counter-suction tow the (North Tower's) smoke column backward (toward the South Tower) quite vigorously.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11I'm not sure what kind of shock waves would be produced, but there sure as hell wouldn't have been a "sonic boom" unless the plane broke the speed of sound. That's all I'm pointing out.

"Sonic boom" is another term for a shock wave ... or at least a shock wave that is heard. It's not exclusive to the noise an aircraft travelling faster than sound makes.

Have you seen something I haven't? I've seen a longer clip of this and the man doesn't get back up.

What does that mean, though?

[edit on 9-6-2006 by vor75]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"Sonic boom" is another term for a shock wave ... or at least a shock wave that is heard. It's not exclusive to the noise an aircraft travelling faster than sound makes.

I don't mean to stray too much into semantics, but here's Wikipedia's explanation as to what causes a sonic boom:

As an object moves through the air it creates a series of pressure waves in front of it and behind it, similar to the bow and stern waves created by a boat. These waves travel at the speed of sound, and as the speed of the aircraft increases the waves are forced together or 'compressed' because they cannot "get out of the way" of each other, eventually merging into a single shock wave at the speed of sound.

What does that mean, though?

What does it mean when puffs of smoke emerge simultaneously from WTC1 as WTC2 is hit, and a man waving a shirt from WTC1 seems to drop to the floor and not get back up as a puff of smoke exits his window?

Hm. Well, I guess he just got tired of trying to call for help and decided to sit around and wait. And smoke came out of his window at the same time as he suddenly decided to stop. Surely there was no correlation, especially seeing how energetically he was waving his shirt before WTC2's impact.

Either that, or the same enormous pressure wave got him as the ones that got everyone else standing nearby. Or the smoke hit him so fast because of pressure waves that the smoke just knocked him out cold. Those are the only things I can think of.

What about you?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm starting to think VOR is right. That it is shockwaves. The only things that get me are:

1. There isn't any smoke coming out of this man's window to begin with.

2. There are no "new" puffs of smoke when this phenomenon happens other than in this man's window.

3. There is a new explosion at the impact floors at the exact same time this occurs (could be due to shockwave airing the fire and just looks like an explosion).

Anything else strange?

top topics

join