It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this cool or scary???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ox

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3

I mean.. Its ok when some fool gets drunk and jumps through a fire.

no it isnt if i had my own way any fool that jumped through a fire drunk or otherwise unless jumping out of a burning building i wouldnt give a hospital bed to.

but someone gets a little creative with his own property.. probably ON his own property and people get in a tiff.. I mean that helicopter wasnt flying fast.. it has limitied range and now it's been weighed down by the weight of the weapon

Originally posted by Ox
Ok, so it was built under controlled conditions.. Even better.. I still think its cool

aye i think its cool so long as it stays under controlled conditions. but what if it doesnt. a 5 mile range with a 20 mph top speed is sufficiant to attack a crowd and then be long gone by the time anyone works out whats happens. or if the terrorists take it one step further as aaaaa suggested and use high explosive instead.

why would you even make something like this? if i had a fully automatic weapon like that i could find something to do to keep me amused.

justin

I think these things are being developed to simply lower the number of casualties.. Something like this could patrol an enemy controlled building.. ALONG with the SWORD robot from another thread and attack... or be used in a hostage situation to communicate with a suspect... The possibilites are endless.. And your point about the terrorist.. ok.. somewhat valid.. but most terrorists have to resort to strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up simply because they DONT and CANT have this type of technology

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
minor change of opinion, as in having just read the link Mike_A linked i know think that for millitary use such as in fallujah it would be extremely useful.

read ox read. i made a mistake and then posted with a new opinion.

justin

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think it would be a great asset to ...a platoon of soldiers....for recon. I mean heck...slap on a camera and send the little bugger over to see whats over the wall....better that thing then us....Right?

<< 1   >>

join