It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this cool or scary???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
video.google.com...

thought u guys might want to see this. I think its cool but its scares me ****less that people can actually be allowed to do this.

justin

p.s. when they fire 3 rounds full auto does anyone else think they fire 5 or am i just going crazy?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wholly crap. That can't be legal. And if it is, it shows me that the U.S's gun laws need to be tightened up.

But seriously, what practical use would it have? You'd need an autopilot system and a camera to get off accurate shots.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
if you can set a gun to fire by remote control and build their own helicopter, then i assume a camera is no problem. why the auto pilot? with a bit of practice a human should be able to fly it fine.

justin

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Small UAV's are a security nightmare, agreed; but it would seem that a smaller, faster airplane platform loaded with semtex and crashed into the target would be far more lethal than a gun mounted 'copter, as well as a lot harder to defend against.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin_barton3
I think its cool but its scares me ****less that people can actually be allowed to do this.

Yup, the notion scares me...especially if it becomes the next moose hunting strategy.

It'd be an idiots way of crashing a loud neighborhood party too.

Not the greastest idea in the hands of a terrorist or a nutjob.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Try to hit with that on a moving target... impossible...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Try to hit with that on a moving target... impossible...

easy to hit a large crowd though.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Yeah well neither is a gun!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gfad

Originally posted by masqua

Yeah well neither is a gun!

Having a gun means you have to actually go to what you want to shoot at. Having a remote controlled vehicle which has the capability (through an onboard camera as an aiming mechanism) to shoot from a considerable distance without the chance of being stopped by authorities.

Such a device could be used by terrorists to 'hop' into a packed stadium, for instance.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
wow i rate this scary

Ox

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That is the coolest thing ever.. Why is everyone being so uptight about this? It's a bunch of hill jacks that decided to mess around with a loaded weapon.. Wouldnt be the first time.. I mean.. Its ok when some fool gets drunk and jumps through a fire. but someone gets a little creative with his own property.. probably ON his own property and people get in a tiff.. I mean that helicopter wasnt flying fast.. it has limitied range and now it's been weighed down by the weight of the weapon... These are just a bunch of guys being stupid.. and they decided to film it.. No big deal.. it happens DAILY.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's made by these people...

www.neural-robotics.com...

Ox

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ok, so it was built under controlled conditions.. Even better.. I still think its cool

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I mean.. Its ok when some fool gets drunk and jumps through a fire.

no it isnt if i had my own way any fool that jumped through a fire drunk or otherwise unless jumping out of a burning building i wouldnt give a hospital bed to.

but someone gets a little creative with his own property.. probably ON his own property and people get in a tiff.. I mean that helicopter wasnt flying fast.. it has limitied range and now it's been weighed down by the weight of the weapon

Originally posted by Ox
Ok, so it was built under controlled conditions.. Even better.. I still think its cool

aye i think its cool so long as it stays under controlled conditions. but what if it doesnt. a 5 mile range with a 20 mph top speed is sufficiant to attack a crowd and then be long gone by the time anyone works out whats happens. or if the terrorists take it one step further as aaaaa suggested and use high explosive instead.

why would you even make something like this? if i had a fully automatic weapon like that i could find something to do to keep me amused.

justin

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This could be the next big thing in hunting.
Put a hunting rifle on there and you never have to leave your house.
Its a great idea the millitary could use this.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

if the terrorists take it one step further as aaaaa suggested and use high explosive instead.

um, they could do that now. I can go to wal-mart an get an RC plane
put some explosive on it and i have a flying bomb for like 50 bucks.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
minor change of opinion, as in having just read the link Mike_A linked i know think that for millitary use such as in fallujah it would be extremely useful. however the idea would be very useful for terrorists.

justin

Edit: thats pretty damn lazy cylon and surely defies the whole point of hunting.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by justin_barton3]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

thats pretty damn lazy cylon and surely defies the whole point of hunting.

I know put people do hunt over the internet
when there on the other side of the country.
From a stationary gun mount with food in front
of them. This thing can only go a few miles and its loud
and it moves its probably harder to shot a deer with this
than from a tree.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What made people think this was created by average US citizens?? Or had anything to do with hunting?

As Mike_A pointed out this was made by a UAV company. Theres loads of companies designing UAVs that can be and are armed. Theres alot of money to be made of military contracts for example and you dont have to be a big dog like Lockheed to get every contract or funding money.

Scary are IMO the version of such tech the military is working on that will be armed with hellfire missiles and have ranges of hundreds of miles.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This air vechicle was developed for and funded by DARPA. A company (NRI)located in Huntsville, Al. adapted there basic survelliance platform to accept the gun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join