It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with English meaning for a German phrase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Babelfish didn't give me a good enough response for a phrase a friend wrote to me. I was wondering if someone could give me the connotation of the phrase...

Du sprichst mir aus der Seele.

Babel Fish spit out "You speak me from the soul", but that doesn't really give me a sense of it's meaning. Thanks to anyone who can help.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I hear your soul.

The top one sounds right.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Street Scholar
Du sprichst mir aus der Seele.

Babel Fish spit out "You speak me from the soul", but that doesn't really give me a sense of it's meaning. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Babel Fish has given you the exact word-to-word meaning of the german phrase and german grammer isnt as rigid as in English so you shoudl be able to work around the words to get the meaning.

You-speak-me-from-the-soul == Du Spricht mir aus der Seele .

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thanks guys, but I guess what I meant when asking the connotation was the social use of the phrase. Is this something you would say talking to some random person you met on the street, or is it more reserved for more intimate friends?

Why? It's like the difference between saying "I heard that!" and "you and I are on the same wavelength." One is very social and nonchelant, the other is somewhat personal and intimate.

Thanks again!

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Street Scholar]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Perhaps this could help

dict.leo.org...

top topics

join