It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by invader_chris
I will stand up against the NWO. After reading the things Titor said, I might prepare myself to fight, though all I have is a slingshot.
Well I do have a sword in my garage...

Wrong thread, this has nothing to do with the junk titor said...

the world terrorist is not really defined in the Patriot Act, so really, anyone can be seen as a terrorist

Agreed, wrong post in wrong topic. But back on subject, i think the patriot act is quite scary. If the NWO were to ever take over and we were to rebel and become "terrorists", the NWO would certainly use the patriot act against us

Peace~Smurf

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlightened_smurf
Agreed, wrong post in wrong topic. But back on subject, i think the patriot act is quite scary. If the NWO were to ever take over and we were to rebel and become "terrorists", the NWO would certainly use the patriot act against us

Peace~Smurf

that is a scary thought,
anyone can be seen as a "terrorists".

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Peace~Smurf

that is a scary thought,
anyone can be seen as a "terrorists".

Indeed it is a scary scary thing. You and your whole family could be arrested in minutes and have your whole life turned upside down for being considered "terrorists".

Peace~Smurf

[edit on 31-12-2004 by enlightened_smurf]

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Indeed it is a scary scary thing. You and your whole family could be arrested in minutes and have your whole life turned upside down for being considered "terrorists".

Peace~Smurf

That goes on in the UK, its called "secret arrests" and so called "terrorists" are taken away. Apparently, the secret arrests go on in America too

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Peace~Smurf

That goes on in the UK, its called "secret arrests" and so called "terrorists" are taken away. Apparently, the secret arrests go on in America too

The "secret arrests" in America happen more often then they should IMO.

Peace~Smurf

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

this is all done in the name of "peace" a word that is used to put rest to the fears of governments going wild. The main bulk of society believe the government when it states policies as being "peaceful".

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

this is all done in the name of "peace" a word that is used to put rest to the fears of governments going wild. The main bulk of society believe the government when it states policies as being "peaceful".

That is exactly true. We Americans believe pretty much anything the government and the media says. Its quite sad IMO, people need to become more informed of current situations and demonstrate protest about the Patriot Act. But this is all just my opinion so make of it what you will

Peace~Smurf

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There will always be a New World Order. Who's version, no one knows, not even the ones who propogate it. Consider the most powerful groups/entities kind of like gangs, but on a global scale, who have learned how to make illegal moves while keeping a show of legality to the front for everyone to see.

They have goals, mainly to beat their competition and rule the world, but not a concrete plan. Random events call for flexibility, and if the plan is not flexible, failure is inevitable. Groups who want to rule the world have to reinvent themselves every generation, as the people begin to catch on. Take the Roman Empire/Holy Roman Catholic Church paradigm shift, for example. Constantine saw the demise of the Empire, realized that people were zealous about Christ, knew they didn't know how to read, and capitalized on it. Simple.

There are many groups that are planning their own special NWO. There is the American one, which has, I believe, great control over the machinations of US market economy, but is only marginally successful in it's tried manipulation of the people for their purposes. And if you don't control the people, you don't control scata. Which brings me to the bigger point and question.

Doesn't it seem like people, especially in America, are a little out of control, and could use some? Wouldn't some form of government on the middle road between fascism and freedom be a little more effective? I mean, when you look at the US in general, we don't seem to be doing anything great collectively anymore. Not since WWII. Sure, we have a handful of people that are changing the world for the better, but the rest of us are pretty much just recreating. We take the boat to the lake, buy our new car every 5 years, and fill in the gaps with comfort food, television, and breeding. And then we don't teach our kids any better.

I'm all for freedom, don't get me wrong, but it seems to me that freedom is a two way street. On one hand, we have the freedom to make great lives for ourselves in this country, doing whatever we want or love for our work. On the other, we have the freedom to fail. Many of us are doing so as we lull ourselves into our sense of self-satisfaction based on what we wear, drive, live in, and do in our free time, which pretty much amounts to nothing good for anyone but ourselves. Overall, that is.

Maybe we need a New World Order? Maybe a benevolent dictator. From what I can see, we as a collective people, just lack discipline. We lack respect for ourselves. And we're still arrogant for some reason. Arrogant as if we had the bombs. Which we do, and I guess is reason enough. Sadly, our arrogance will eventually lead to something like this: we will probably just backslide into mediocrity in comparison with the rest of the world, we will no longer have the gargantuan funds necessary to maintain our fleets and groups and armies, and one day a future generation of Americans will again learn what it takes to have freedom and peace.

It's really ironic that peace has to be fought for and won, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That is a good point delta, but i don't think a NWO would be the answer. The NWO would most likely be a police state and be cruel IMO. I think in stead we need to make reforms to our government to make us more responsible and not so lazy. Just my 2 cents.

Peace~Smurf

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That is a good point delta, but i don't think a NWO would be the answer. The NWO would most likely be a police state and be cruel IMO. I think in stead we need to make reforms to our government to make us more responsible and not so lazy. Just my 2 cents.

Peace~Smurf

Why does everyone always have this stupid preconceived notion of what the "NWO" is? There is always a new world order, people! And someone always makes it happen. Those someones don't have complete and total control of what it is they create, because there are so many god damned X-factors in the world that they could only hope to get all they could about it.

Look, if the NWO ends up being a fascist police state for the entire world, like everyone seems to like to envision, I would be VERY suprised. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened that way by accident, but I would be VERY suprised if it was by design of a select few.

I think this worry about the strong (wealthy) overcoming and subverting the weak (poor) is just a reflection of this society and the fact that we place so much value on money as a power principle.

Damn it!!! Don't you realize that the people with the most money are certainly not the most intelligent? Go to college and see where the true power lies. It seems to me that the pessimism of the impoverished is exactly what the wealthy are using against us, if anything at all. I really want to swear, but Skeptic Censorlord won't let me.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Peace~Smurf

Why does everyone always have this stupid preconceived notion of what the "NWO" is? There is always a new world order, people! And someone always makes it happen. Those someones don't have complete and total control of what it is they create, because there are so many god damned X-factors in the world that they could only hope to get all they could about it.

Look, if the NWO ends up being a fascist police state for the entire world, like everyone seems to like to envision, I would be VERY suprised. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened that way by accident, but I would be VERY suprised if it was by design of a select few.

I think this worry about the strong (wealthy) overcoming and subverting the weak (poor) is just a reflection of this society and the fact that we place so much value on money as a power principle.

Damn it!!! Don't you realize that the people with the most money are certainly not the most intelligent? Go to college and see where the true power lies. It seems to me that the pessimism of the impoverished is exactly what the wealthy are using against us, if anything at all. I really want to swear, but Skeptic Censorlord won't let me.

I agree with you delta that the smarts is not with the wealthy, its with scientists, people at college, and the like of which you described. I think the reason so many people think the NWO will be a police state is because that is the only way from keeping people from rebeling and trying to create countries again as opposed to the NWO

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What you are describing, Smurf, is globalization - the next logical step for societal development. There will always be those factions who oppose the move, as there are those who opposed city-states, and nation-states. This is only natural.

There will NEVER, EVER however, be a global military who seeks to subject every individual on the planet to their will. It's just not possible. It would only be possible if the population were to drop significantly, and there was a force at least a quarter the size of the populous. Not likely.

As globalization takes hold over time, what we will likely experience as a global community is increased diversity, and subsequently increased tolerance, and in turn, more freedom. I just hope that at some point we can more responsibly temper our individual freedom with wisdom, something we don't seem to be utilizing so much at this point.

The truth about the New World Order is that we are currently living in it. The one we were living in before was the last New World Order. And the one before that one was the NWO before that.

What the next New World Order is, no one knows, and in fact, no one will ever really know until it comes to be. We can plan the best plan, have the best ideas, be as sinister or benevolent as we want, and attempt to control each other and our environment as much as possible, but in the end, we will be mostly subject to the unforseen uncontrollables that will never cease to exist in our world.

Our collective imperfection will always be our saving grace.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Your making a good point.
Take a look at some leaders like Stalin and Hitler, they came from nothing to leaders of Empires. You dont need to be all rich and powerful to be intelligent enough to take office. History shows us many points.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If the NWO is as you have described as a peaceful tolerant community, then i don't think that it would be a bad thing. I am still skeptical to a NWO being good though, i just have a gut instinct that a NWO would be very militaristic and it would be very harsh to everyone. Just my 2 cents though so make of it what you will

Peace~Smurf

top topics

<< 1   >>

join