It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Treads Lightly After Death Of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Even though the death of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was an uplifting event at the white house, President Bush is worried about terrorism and war becoming worse in spite of this and that the death would not mean the end of the insurgency he was the leader of.

www.nytimes.com
WASHINGTON, June 8 — In celebrating the killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi as a victory for Iraqis and Americans, White House officials were careful on Thursday to acknowledge that his death would not mean the end of the insurgency he had led.

The muted approach marked a departure from the triumphalism with which the White House has greeted some other major events in the war in Iraq. From the moment in the Oval Office on Wednesday afternoon when President Bush heard the first, tentative reports about Mr. Zarqawi's death, White House aides said he cautioned against jubilation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion , i dont think the death of this terrorist will calm the situation down at all. i think there will be some sort of retalliation against the United States .
I think President Bush might be thinking the same thing as he has said himself "we can't assume this means an end to violence."

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.abc.net.au
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al-Zarqawi Dead
Dead: Most Wanted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
TA-INDIVIDUALS: Abu Mussab Al-Zarqawi: Al-Qaeda Connection in Iraq?

[edit on 20-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join