It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whys Every One Scared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Why is every one so scared on this site. Live life the best you can, you can’t live life in fear. If you live life in fear, you are not living life at all. You only have one life, so why be bitter. It is insane, every one needs to wake up and realize life is precious. Not one topic on this site is stopping you from being a happy person. Why do you need to worry, there is no reason to. The best thing is I see people who don’t believe in God on this site, and that’s ok. The funniest thing is they worry about there own Mortality, why would it even matter to them. So what there is Wars, People are Corrupt, people are a pain in your ass, news flash it has been like this since the beginning of time. No matter what you do in life you cant stop any of this problems. So just chill out and relax, and enjoy every second. Get out, and just enjoy life. Enjoy your loved ones and friends, and just have a good time. If the world ends you would have spent your whole life waiting for the day, and when that moment comes you would realize you should have spent that time more with your loved ones. You guys are so worried about “BIG BROTHER”. but isn’t this site one of the biggest forms of big brother. People read what you say online, the site has every ones ip address and can track what sites you have been to before this one. I am not making it up, because I am in web design. This is a great site, but every one needs to stop worrying. You are waisting to much energy on worrying what others are doing, when you should be using that energy helping out the people around you who need your attention.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
We are not really worried persay, it's just that it's all so gall darn interesting, all this stuff, I mean why the hell else would we spend so much time on these boards with so many likewise people?
It's the world we live in, and we gots to pay attention to it, not behave like nothing is wrong, we owe it to the people yet to come.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I agree with Toadmund, I don't put a whole lot of stock in everything that is said on these boards, it is just interesting to hear the opinions and view the research that everyone goes to in the interests of denying ignorance. Also you only see the "serious" and relevant posts that are made on this site, you don't see the day to day occurences of the people who frequent the boards and I would imagine the majority of us all have extremely normal lives.

On a side note, it is not fear that most of us live in, but a calling to know more about the inner workings of the world we live in, that drives us to participate in ATS. Except for the cranks, yeah they're here to.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i do agree with you ProjectX1986, seems many are so worried about what is going to happen to the world, who runs it, is there a god/satan/messiah/who-ever, when will it end, etc & etc. shouldn't we appreciate now rather than worry about later. shouldn't we care about those who deserve our love & care? i am Australian, i do not need the US goverment to tell me who is good or bad, who i should believe in, nor do i need the Muslims telling me the same thing in a different way. i hope that the one thing i can teach my 2 beautiful children is that we are all the same, human. believe in who or whatever you want, just don't let that belief hurts others and you will never have to worry about much. as for the end of the world/rapture/end days, well 6/6/6 just passed and as a Satanist myself, i never thought for one second, the devil was comeing! how trite!!! the world needs more people to stand up for what they believe in but and it is a huge but, don't forse your believe onto others.

thankyou

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I agree we should be aware of what our surroundings are. People just need to balance every thing out, you can’t let it control your life. This universe has a lot of mystery’s, but don’t scare your self to death. I have seen some post on this site, and on the web when people let it control there lives. The best thing would be if there was a New World Order, or the antichrist was here, because then no one would have any thing would fear because that will open every ones eyes there is a God. This site is actually awesome, because you can talk about stuff with out being made fun of. So I hope not to see any one bash one another. I could care less if you believe in God, the anti christ, etc. Just don’t let it control you , balance it out. That’s what drives me nuts. Also these people making false prophesies are jerks, because they make people worry and nothing happens.

For example, We know there is an area 51, we know there probably doing some thing in there crazy. but dont let it control your life. Yes it would be nice to know what there doing in there etc etc, and its ok to study it, just dont let it scare the # out of you. I am glad all of you wrote back, so thank you.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectX1986
No matter what you do in life you cant stop any of this problems. So just chill out and relax, and enjoy every second.

In other words, ignorance is bliss?

Why then would you frequent this site? Doesn't that violate what you advocate?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
"Why then would you frequent this site? Doesn't that violate what you advocate?"

No because I don't get scared about stuff like most people do. Its nice to expand your mind and take in new ideas. Its peoples views, and every one should have an open mind. I just dont like when people panic and worry about there fate. You might not make it to the end of times, maybe tommorow you will be in a gas station and it will be held up, and you get shot. Just live the life the best you can, and we will never have all the answers.

How many topics have been made on this site? Do you really thing we have talked about all the mysteries of the universe on here, we are not even close. A 100 years ago we couldnt even fly, think of that.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I tend to find that if there is something important to know, a member here will find it, they will scour the net, the TV, the radio, whatever.
There is not much that is missed.
It's like thousands of brains pooling their knowledge, discoveries and ideas, and I, and you get to see the results.

It's like one giant brain!

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Its nice to expand your mind and take in new ideas.

What's the point, if:

...fate...

is something by definition you can not change?

Just live the life the best you can

On this point, we can agree.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If everyone just 'had a good time' and didn't concern themselves with world events then we would still have open slavery, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, you would work in a sweatshop with no breaks and no minimum wage, bush wouldn't be pres hitlers grandson would be, men could still beat their wives with a stick no wider than their thumb, you would have no free education, 1984 would have happened in 1904, etc..

Yeah be happy don't worry, you can trust us

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Loam, no one knows if you can change your fate or not. You go with your heart with decisions in your life. It works for me. Sure you go threw alot of #, but if you want some thing bad enough you go for it. There is no fate, nothing is stoping you from doing any thing. The only fate you have is one day you will die and thats it. I had to work hard for what I got, was it fate or me busting my ass. This world means nothing! If you dont believe in God, then you simply die. If you do believe in fate and God, you know this world means nothing. What matters is your soul going on. God gives you free will when you are born, you simply choose your destiny.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

How many topics have been made on this site? Do you really thing we have talked about all the mysteries of the universe on here, we are not even close. A 100 years ago we couldnt even fly, think of that.

You summed it up right there. That is why the majority of active members continue to frequent this site, because we have NOT covered everything and there is always some new fascinating subject beyond that which is presented to us by main-stream news sources, just waiting to break the surface.

At least that is why I keep coming back, and I am still considered a fairly new member.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
ProjectX1986 I respect your opinion... However, I also can not help but see your position as one fraught with contradictions...

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

...You are waisting to much energy on worrying what others are doing, when you should be using that energy helping out the people around you who need your attention.

ahem....

go help someone...

new topics

top topics

join