It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan does not exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why do I know that Satan does not exist? It's simple logic. Thre are three possible scenarios:

1. Satan and God are as powerful as each other and because they are direct opposites, they just cancel each other out. Neither exists nor do we.
2. Satan is more powerful than God, therefore, he kills God and we certainly don't have a world like we do today. Satan would be god. We think we live in a tough world now? Today's world is a cake walk compared to what the world would be if Satan was god.
3. God is more powerful than Satan, therefore kills Satan. Well then....that would be like Satan never really existed at all. There wouldn't be a point to his existence.

Thus, Satan does not exist.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I never heard of Satan being the opposite of god, hell I read the bible and I saw god do some evil things, maybe Satan is just a pawn. Perhaps Satan wants revenge for the injustices done to him...poor guy
Anyway, do you think it's possible to worship Jesus and Satan at the same time?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Um or it could be what the bible said. That Satan rebelled against God so God sent Satan and his followers to hell.
IMO Satan does not exist, him and the concept of evil are human creations to make people feel less responsible for their actions, and to look down on others.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Anyway, do you think it's possible to worship Jesus and Satan at the same time?

Absolutely not. Makes no sense. Besides, there is no Satan to worship. Satan is a myth. Hell is also a myth.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Why do I know that Satan does not exist? It's simple logic. Thre are three possible scenarios:

1. Satan and God are as powerful as each other and because they are direct opposites, they just cancel each other out. Neither exists nor do we.

Dark is the absence of light, evil is the absence of good. They don’t cancel each other. The one is defined by the other.

2. Satan is more powerful than God, therefore, he kills God and we certainly don't have a world like we do today. Satan would be god. We think we live in a tough world now? Today's world is a cake walk compared to what the world would be if Satan was god.

The level of darkness is defined by the level of light. The level of evil is defined by the level of good. Darkness cannot overcome light.

3. God is more powerful than Satan, therefore kills Satan. Well then....that would be like Satan never really existed at all. There wouldn't be a point to his existence.

Thus, Satan does not exist.

God and satan are Biblical concepts. According to the Bible, satan will be overcome by Jesus at His return. The point of satan’s existence is to give us something to choose. What would be the point of having freewill if there was nothing to choose between. Just my 2 cp.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How about this scenario?

Satan has taken over one small sector of God's creation and claimed it as his own.
He has fooled the occupants/hostages of this small portion that he temporaily controls, into believing that he is the one and only god and that this corrupted portion is all that exists.

The reason the True God has not yet rid His Creation of this imposter is the hostages Satan surrounds himself with.
The True God being truely good is mindful of friendly fire/collateral damage.
It is a delicate operation to 'take out' Satan without taking out the innocent hostages in the process.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There are clearly more options than the three outlined about. There are infact many complex theologies and cosmologies that have an 'evil' material deity that rules over this world, but isn't the supreme entity. The Yezidi in northern iraq, for example, worship him and consider it blasphemy to even utter the name 'satan/shaitan'. In many esoteric religions, there is a being called Saklas that corresponds to something like satan. The Roman Mithras cult might've worshipped Ahriman, in the form of a lioheaded person holding a key; Ahriman is the malevolent material 'evil' god, similar to satan.

I mean, the three situations that you outlined, would rule out satan, or really rule out anything 'not nice', if they were the onyl three options.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The point of satan’s existence is to give us something to choose. What would be the point of having freewill if there was nothing to choose between. Just my 2 cp.

Why can't we choose between 2 good things? Why must we have to choose between one thing that is good and one that is evil?

I mean, the three situations that you outlined, would rule out satan, or really rule out anything 'not nice', if they were the onyl three options.

It wouldn't rule out the "not nice" things that men come up with. You see, evil lurks in the hearts of men. Men with free will that choose the wrong path. Like for example: Hitler. An intelligent man, but also a psychopath/sociopath. Or the woman that drowns her four children in the tub, or the man that gets drunk and beats his wife to death, or the priest that rapes altar boys, or the serial killer that kills 40 hitch-hikers, etc...etc........

This unfortunately comes with the territory of being human. We can use the excuse that it's "the work of the devil" or we can understand the reality of it. It's mostly the work of the mentally ill......

new topics

top topics

join