It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza Security Chief Killed By Israeli Airstrike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A Palestinian security chief, Jamal Abu Samhadana, working in the Hamas government was killed Thursday during an Israeli air strike on a militant camp in Gaza. Israel claims it was targeting the camp and not Mr. Samhadana or anyone else in particular. A spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) militant group, of which Abu Samhadana was also a leader of, has vowed revenge.

www.washingtonpost.com
GAZA (Reuters) - A senior Palestinian security official in the Hamas government was killed on Thursday in an Israeli aerial attack on a militant camp in the southern Gaza Strip, witnesses and medics said.

"Israel knows that Abu Samhadana works in the government and by killing him they are sending a message that all its members, from the prime minister to junior employees, are targets for death," said cabinet secretary Ghazi Hamad.

Abu Samhadan's group vowed to avenge his death.

"The Zionist entity and Zionist settlements near Gaza will not feel security and safety any more. Our rockets will rain into the Zionist entity and our heroes will blow themselves up among their dirty bodies," said a spokesman for the group.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now I do not think it was wise for this government official to be involved with these militants at all and should have had no business in the camp. I do not know for a fact if Israel even knew the man was there, but I would not doubt it. The airstrike was in response to constant rocket attacks across the Gaza border into Israeli settlements.

[edit on 6/8/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This wouldnt be like any justification for The Hamas government to fight back legally is it? I mean although one of their security officials was killed accidentally, if it were intentional assassination would that give Palestine the right to fight back legally? I am just curious whether or not they are legally obliged to respond with force or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
A spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committees (PRC) militant group, of which Abu Samhadana was also a leader of, has vowed revenge.

So it sounds like they basically killed another terrorist. He's part of the people's judean front eh?

This wouldnt be like any justification for The Hamas government to fight back legally is it?

Figt back? The Hamas terrorist organization is already fighting the yehudis. The last thing Hamas wants is to 'officially' fight back, the palestinians would be creamed, like the last couple of times. THe palestinians have no interest in officially 'going to war' with Israel, they're under occupation because of war with israel, they can only use terrorism to exert political pressure on the yehudis.

if it were intentional assassination would that give Palestine the right to fight back legally?

Every nation has the right to legally attack another nation that it sees as a threat. Why would the palestinians have to get legal permission, and from what authority, if it were under attack???

am just curious whether or not they are legally obliged to respond with force or not.

The use of force is going 'beyond the law', and there is no real law governing relations between Israel and its occupied territory of palestine anyway (yes, there are international human rights of course).

The Palestinian "government" only exists because of the fiat of the isreali government. If they declared war on israel, then Israel would just revoke their authority as the Palestinian government.

And what, pray tell, would hamas be doing differently if they openly declared 'official' war on Israel??? They're already at war with them, and the best they can field is suicide and car bombers.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
One thing for certain about the Israeli's, they do what they say they are going to do

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Note: I will likely not engage in a conversation regarding the "which came first? the chicken or the egg" scenario which plays out between the Jews and the Arabs.....

new topics

top topics

join