It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats call Zarqawi killing a stunt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
was there not a story on prison planet that showed that the Pentagon knowingly exaggerated the importance of Zarqawi?

Yep. They made him think he was bigger than he was, and he fell for it. He made a big mistake, and it cost him his life.

So the Pentagon ploy worked.

And if they did admit to it then why all the hooplah?

Zarqawi threw gas on the fire of sectarian violence. He personally murdered hundreds of innocents. Good riddance to him.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I find it very hard to take seriously a single word from the Bush administraton about Zarqawi. They inflated him. They admitted to inflating him. They de-inflated him. The re-inflated him. Okay... After all their clumsy efforts at propaganda it's a wonder anyone believes a word they say. Why the hell do you believe a word they say? Perhaps they have a mind controlling air-born bio-plague that only effects a minority of the population.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think this is going to blow up in this administration faces.

How is getting rid a a very bad person not in the Nation's interest? When will be a "good" time for us to get Osama or Zawahri? I suppose that is already planned for late October right?

I would expect both parties to be glad that Zarqawi is now gone and things will hopefully progress better in Iraq because of it. Even though the Democratic Leadership is saying the right things, already some Dems are playing the partisan card. Why can't both parties look for America's interest first and their party's second. Sometimes there is news that is good for America and should be embraced by both parties, even if it helps the other party more.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

was there not a story on prison planet that showed that the Pentagon knowingly exaggerated the importance of Zarqawi?

Yep. They made him think he was bigger than he was, and he fell for it. He made a big mistake, and it cost him his life.

So the Pentagon ploy worked.

And if they did admit to it then why all the hooplah?

Zarqawi threw gas on the fire of sectarian violence. He personally murdered hundreds of innocents. Good riddance to him.

I was Not referring to The propoganda making Zarqawi think he was bigger then he was. I'm saying the propoganda for the American public, to see him as bigger then he was. I should've been more clear.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think this is going to blow up in this administration faces.

How is getting rid a a very bad person not in the Nation's interest? When will be a "good" time for us to get Osama or Zawahri? I suppose that is already planned for late October right?

I would expect both parties to be glad that Zarqawi is now gone and things will hopefully progress better in Iraq because of it. Even though the Democratic Leadership is saying the right things, already some Dems are playing the partisan card. Why can't both parties look for America's interest first and their party's second. Sometimes there is news that is good for America and should be embraced by both parties, even if it helps the other party more.

Amen to that. That's exactly what I was trying to say. Why do some people actually seem angry or bitter when we make progress is Iraq? What if we were to win this war? Wouldn't that be a GOOD thing? To a lot of people, it wouldn't be, because then they would be wrong. Nobody wants to be wrong, even if it's in the best interest to the country.

I hate to say it, and I didn't want to believe it at first, but I think that the sad truth is that some people on the left actually want this war to go badly. They feel good when something bad happens in Iraq or anywhere under president Bush. If this war were to go smooth, the republicans would gain more power and the Democrats might lose some power. Of course, I'm not saying that all "leftists" think that way. I would hope that the majority simply want what's best for our country, and I think that is the case....for most. But for people like Michael Moore, Ted Kennedy, etc. etc., progress is bad and shortcomings and failures are good.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I was Not referring to The propoganda making Zarqawi think he was bigger then he was. I'm saying the propoganda for the American public, to see him as bigger then he was. I should've been more clear.

Yes, there are many audiences for a propaganda release. Sometimes, it is not so clear who the real targets are.

In this case, it worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join