It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a new feature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How long has ats been capable of embedding Youtube flash based video?

[edit on 8-6-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You would be the first person iv seen be able to do that. Interesting choice of youtube to put on though, what the hell is that game lol... anyways usually its links to the movie.. very convinient if you can just add it to your post now!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i have never heard of this before...

seems cool though...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We prefer users not to place embedded video and audio clips within the ATS forums.

This has been done on occasion and swiftly removed by myself or another staff member.

The reason for objecting to them is out of courtesy to those users running on dial-up connections, and also as a preventative measure in case the video or audio contains obscenity or otherwise disturbing material that is offensive or otherwise breaks the Terms & Conditions.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
We prefer users not to place embedded video and audio clips within the ATS forums.

This has been done on occasion and swiftly removed by myself or another staff member.

The reason for objecting to them is out of courtesy to those users running on dial-up connections, and also as a preventative measure in case the video or audio contains obscenity or otherwise disturbing material that is offensive or otherwise breaks the Terms & Conditions.

People still use dial up!!!
perhaps it could be possible to add to the terms and conditions that your a mature adult and will not be easily affended? and have an option of low or high speed ways to view the site to add video features? or have the two options and then when a moderator views the vid determine if it's appropriate? Poor mods would have to watch everyones stupid videos though
.... Ah well guess we will just have to continue with the links!

top topics

join