It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab News Site has No News of Zarqawi's Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'been to this site a few times and find it pretty middle of the road as far as news goes. Intereseting to see some day to day stuff over there, too.

Here's the site: www.arabnews.com...

But, I found it odd that they had no news of Zarqawi's death. I looked around but couldn't find anything.

Just thought it wa odd...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
As far as I can see, Al Jazeera has information on their site. Also, I'm watching Alalam news (Iranian based), and they're talking about it as I am typing this. Don't know why arabnews isn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Al Jazeera was long ago infilitrated by those sympathetic to American Pursuits. While the company is run by Arabs, it's "independent" news sources sometimes come straight from Washington to promote anti-american propoganda, to keep the Extremist Islam wing motivated to fight the U.S.

On the same note Al jazeera, still has some legitimate Islamic news and roustabout reporting from Arabs loyal to hating American interests.

Ask yourself, why would the "premier" Middle East/Islamic News site not mention Abu Zarquarwi's death?

Could it be, the persona never existed, but was a propped up badguy for the Americans to focus on, like a Bin Laden? Was he really a nobody to the Arab people's, but pumped into something more with slanted American Propoganda?

Or if he was as important to the Fundamentalist Extreme movement that news of his death would outrage the Arab world, and make it worse for Western pro-American interests? Did the keen minds at Al Jazeera know this and quash news of his death to prevent something huge? Is it also possible they are delaying news of his death?

Questions, and more Questions. A little snooping on our part could unravel the truth.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me

Ask yourself, why would the "premier" Middle East/Islamic News site not mention Abu Zarquarwi's death?

I truly don't know. I do know that I was watching Alalam and that was all they could talk about. I severely doubt that they are asking for many news stories in Iran right now that are coming from D.C.
Everytime I go to the English version of Al Jazeera, I never see anything truly hateful towards the U.S. In fact, I never see any videos of Osama playing with a gun when those videos come out in the MSM. Didn't realize this infiltration occurred.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

This so called premier news organization has reported the death of Zarqawi. Maybe you just need to look more carefully before deciding to express your own views before you even checked.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
english.aljazeera.net...

This so called premier news organization has reported the death of Zarqawi. Maybe you just need to look more carefully before deciding to express your own views before you even checked.

I think you need to read my posts again. I didn't say that Al Jazeera wasn't covering the story. The other posters said that arabnews.com wasn't. That's where I initially got the report on his death. Then I turned on Alalam to watch it on Iran's news while posting on here.

Maybe you just need to read the thread more carefully before deciding to express your views before you even checked.

[edit on 6/8/06 by niteboy82]

*Edit(s) - I apparently can't spell today.

[edit on 6/8/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Arabnews.com is now carrying the story:

www.arabnews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Niteboy I was talking to ADHDsux4me, I am responding to his post not to what you posted.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, Fox news never showed anything on the Haditha Massacre, if you think it's some sort of propoganda. It works both ways you know

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Arabnews.com is now carrying the story:

www.arabnews.com...

Thanks. It seemed to take a while, though.

Well, I like that site. I think they seem fair in their coverage of global and (their) local events.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
Well, Fox news never showed anything on the Haditha Massacre, if you think it's some sort of propoganda. It works both ways you know

You should look up on Foxs articles on it, before you assume it.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Me, I was just playing the part of the conspiracy theorist. I did no reference checking. Remember that's what we conspiraists do best, quote sources second hand, and "spin" it back at "THE ESTABLISHMENT" LOL...

Good checking guys!

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You should look up on Foxs articles on it, before you assume it.

Yes but not on their main page. It goes to show what they 'assume' is relevant news. Bill O'rly is a tit IMO. Watch and learn

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yes but not on their main page. It goes to show what they 'assume' is relevant news. Bill O'rly is a tit IMO. Watch and learn

It was on their main page. But its now in the archives.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Al Jazeera was long ago infilitrated by those sympathetic to American Pursuits. While the company is run by Arabs, it's "independent" news sources sometimes come straight from Washington to promote anti-american propoganda, to keep the Extremist Islam wing motivated to fight the U.S.

You're kidding right?

Are we talking about the same Al Jazeera that boasted of sinking an aircraft carrier (though they did correct themselves), or showed pictures of the previous Gulf War, and claiming they were of the current crisis? That organization still remains staunchly anti-US....

As mentioned above, yes, propaganda does go both ways..... There is no such thing as "un-biased" news... The best you can do is read numerous viewpoints, see the evidence and points, and make up your own minds....

top topics

join