It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coming Dark Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well according to this website the world is going to return to the Darkages with complete economic collapse, challenges and then destruction of central Gov't, a massive population reduction, doom & gloom etc, etc.
However when the website actually talks of loss of Gov't authority & power and increase of actual freedom balanced with person responsability & subsistence,
I for one actually welcome the coming Dark Age to wipe the slate clean and start over forcing all the leeches of society to pull their own weight (like senators).

www.darkage.fsnet.co.uk...

not sure if I should post this in this section.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
IMO I think that maybe we are a little to technologically advanced for something like a total collapse of of our civilization. Yes we maybe starting a decline but this does not automatically equal a return to the hunter gatherer days. It just means that we wont be as powerful as we are now.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hmmmmm i have a question for anyone?? if and when we return to the dark ages, how is it that anyone will survive. with all the technology we have will go to useless waste, all of our sciences we have will have gone out the window. no fuels what are vehicles are good for. oh people that live on Mcdonalds are gonna die. i personally would like a collapse of the world so we can revive a skilled labor ready world where people have to work to survive, instead of sitting on welfare while im working for them, all so they can breed more people to sit on welfare. im a hard working american that doesnt like where the world is at right now. if i offend i will apologize later.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Nah, I think we have a pretty good idea what total economic collapse is going to look like...

the poor and lower middle classes will be in tent cities...

the middle and upper classes will remain in their houses that they owe over twice what they're worth...

everyone will start watching much more TV... internet activity will grow exponentially... as these will be free/cheap entertainment...

I don't think we're going to go through any sort of post apocalyptic "Road warrior" type scenario...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleofBatoche

Well for that to happen every tradesman would have to be wiped from the face of the planet.

I doubt that.

Almost everyone has at least a basic understanding of how to create things from materials.

We will survive just fine regardless of what happens as long as this doesnt happen........

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
yeah not road warrior more like Death Race

top topics

join