It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Download Windows Vista NOW!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Good Goin on hittin that cancel button Mechanic...DeeDeeDeeeee
Just kiddin man, that does suck tho cuz it takes sooooo frakin long on dialup. Just keep pluggin away at it, youll have it finished b4 u know it.
:bnghd:

Rofl!

Yeah, you can call me 'butterfingers'. But does that apply to misplaced mouse clicks?

I have since restarted the download. It's running at around 16-17 kbps as of right now, sometimes less, depending on how often I refresh my screen here on ATS. SO I'll try not to do that too much...

But now, I wonder if the same key will work, as I have not been given another.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the tips guys ;-)

Yeah - I'm trying to use the 64-bit version...

I suppose I'll look into that alcohol program.....LMAO - For my PC that is....It's always on the bottle

If not, I suppose the 32 will have to do!

Great analogy S1LV3R4D0
I like to use some of those Yahoo widgets.....so does that mean that I'd be the customer who wants the crown molding, sunroom and wine cellar?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yeah, Enron. I think that is the problem. Trying to burn the 64 on a 32 bit app.

As for my dialup down load, I made a mistake, by accidently canceling, when I wanted only to pause the session. Good news, though - back up to 10% already. Seems faster than the first time.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Your key will work just fine Mechanic. That key is not ISO specific, it will work with ur iso, my iso, the dvd's u get in the mail, whichever. You are allowed 10 registrations with that key so ur allowed to install it and reg it 10x.

The burning issue isnt that its the 64bit version. Its just an ISO at this point, your burn software doesnt know its 64bit, its the OS on that disk thats 64bit, not the ISO. I dont use DVD Decrypter so im not sure what the problem is. Im assuming its a copyright issue built into the ISO. Some progs wont do copyrighted material. Nero is picky about what copyright stuff it burns. Not sure why MS would put out an iso and not make suggestions as to what program to use to burn it with. Alcohol 120% doesnt care about copyright. Its an ISO making, software drive creating, running progs with no CD's kinda program. lolol

Im using version 1.9.5.3105. If you need a copy of it, send me a U2U and ill hook you up with a link to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When mine is finished I'll take a look at it with isobuster.

But if I need, I'll get a hold of that app.

Thanks for the tip.

btw - I'm at 12 %.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
thank god I was waiting for this thing for the longest time

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Find my link on the first page. The Order option seems to be bogged down, but the download option is okay. At least for the 32bit version.

Don't forget to check the Beta Warnings throughout this thread, as well as on the MS site. And good Luck!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
can we use cd in stead cause i not exactly rich if we can how many

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The best source for this information is here ---> www.microsoft.com...

They have an option to order, for a few bucks to cover shipping. D/L is free , but you have to burn the iso file to DVD once downloaded. See the site, for more details.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I might as well order it I want to download it but it takes to long and dvd are expensve but I can say I have vista yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank that help alot but my windows is fake will it still take it of should I install the real verson first

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
Thank that help alot but my windows is fake will it still take it of should I install the real verson first

Please review the T&C of this site. ---> handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

from the T & C

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Che, you will have a BETA Version of Vista. If you are looking for a replacement for your hacked version of windows, i suggest you buy a retail version. This Beta is in no way designed to take the place of a finished working product. Windows Genuine Advantage has eliminated the workarounds for the hacked versions. So as it sits, your OS is probably gimped due to the fact you cant download Updates for it. I suggest you just go legit and purchase a LEGAL Copy.

I dont understand some of the tags added to this thread, macs sis??? windows ghetto tiger??? What the hell???

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I dont understand some of the tags added to this thread, macs sis??? windows ghetto tiger??? What the hell???

People say that MS is yet again lifting ideas from Apple Mac OS, specifically Tiger right now.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
OH my bad I didn't now it fake intill a few day ago and going get the real windows install soon but when I hear of this I needed to know if I should get this first (i feel so dumb)

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
ahhh thanx for clearin that up for me dreamland, i thought at first it was a shot at my avatar, i was gonna snap on someone...lolol

I really dont care where they draw there ideas from, as long as its a culmination of all the good things and none of the bad things. As i mentioned, im noticing alot of Linux ideas in here and i like them. I havent used an apple since the 2 and 2e days so i had no clue bout the Os code names in the mac genre, thanx again dreamlandmafia.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So it far it good right?

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
**UPDATE**Well im runnin in safemode with networking at the moment. Seems both screens just went black like it lost video signal and system locked, rebooted and now im stuck in some sort of "looking for an answer to the problem, gonna send info to microsoft loop" and i cant do anything else. Only 3 days and total meltdown. Well lets see what happens in the coming weeks for fixes and patches. Gonna try a repair install and see if i can bring it back to life. It had some weird hiccups here and there. not a very trustworthy beta IMO at the moment on my main rig, its pretty mainstream nothing special. maybe an Nforce or Via chipset will run better on it. Intel 975p isnt fairing very well. I would say its the new super prefetch cueing everything. Possibly doing tooo many things in the background. It would explain the AV Slowdown issue. :bash:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

**UPDATE**Well im runnin in safemode with networking at the moment. Seems both screens just went black like it lost video signal and system locked....

Well that does'nt sound too good!

But at least you had a taste of Vista for a little while!

Right now, my dialup download is at around 20-21%, btw.....

[edit on 6/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
After a few hours of trying to get that error gone, alas it was to no avail, reloaded my xp pro image and im back up and runnin perfectly in xp.

It was fun while it lasted, seen some good things, ill keep an eye out for large fixes in the coming weeks, ive still got it dual booted on my tv rig so when patches come out, ill put them on it and see how it goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join