It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FABLE 2

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Your defense isn't handled by what armor you're wearing, it's rated by your toughness ability, which you can increase with every level you gain.

It's not a bad choice really, I never quite enjoyed having my characters running around wearing full plate. I guess if you guys liked that idea, you aren't gonna be too happy.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
well, considering i max all my strength stats to get the harbinger all the time, i think i will be fine

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Rented Fable 2 a few weeks ago so I had to rush through it to be able to see the ending before taking it back. But I loved it enough to go buy the Lost Chapters Platinum Hits version of the original, which I'm loving too though some of the buttons are weird for me since I don't have an original xbox.
Once the price comes down a bit, I'll be buying Fable 2 as well so I can see all the side bits I had to skip over in my rush to see the ending.

And on a side note, I agree Oblivion rocks.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Can anyone break it down if Fable 2 is better then Oblivion...

I know Oblivion is like 3 years old now... But the game is still the best

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I was really disappointed by Fable 2. The choices and character customization in the First was much better. So it didn't cause a town to get nice or rundown, big whoop. I would have preferred Bows and Arrows to Guns, and ARMOR. The story in the first game was also much better. The end of this game really ticked me off. A lot of people seemed to like it, but it was a real letdown. You level up, get the good weapons, preparing for a crazy boss battle and... well everyone may not have beaten it yet. It was also WAY too easy. I actually hated the fact you can't die. All you do is lose a little experience. Wow, some challenge there.

It's my fault for buying into the hype. All I can hope now is for some good DLC to come out and tie up some of the loose ends and give me my money's worth.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Im playing it right now on the Xbox360 and i think it is a brilliant game.

So so many things you can see and do its unbelievable.

I highly recommend it to any rpg fan, although if you was a fanboy of the first game you probably wont see any major revolution here.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've had it since it came out, but sadly haven't had much time to play it. I liked it so far, from what I've played...but to be honest, I'm probably going to play my Oblivion expansions before going back to Fable 2.

cj6

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Fable 2 is amazing!!!! Can get frustrating at times, and some the loads take way too long, but it gets 5/5.

Anyone wanna make tons of gold without working for it??? Try this, buy up a bunch of shops and maybe some houses, when your income is at least over 1,000 gold, the more the better!!! Go to the "clock settings" on your 360 and set the year ahead by 2 (ex. if it's 2009 set it to 2011) but dont go over that cuz it stops calculating gold after a certain amount. Anyway, when you start the game after that, you'll get tons of gold!!!! The most I've gotten is 360, 500 gold! You can do this over and over till you get as much gold as you want, I recommend setting your clock to January 2005, save the game, then start setting it ahead 2 years, but it only goes to 2025, then you'll just have to go back to 05. Try it, it'll save you a lot of time, and you'll be able to buy whatever you want!!!!!!

your welcome!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I must agree with many of you on the fact that this game lacks any real boss fights.
Most RPG games I have always know of have a BIG boss battle to end the game.. Yet I think they wanted to break free of that idea..
Aswell as the very limited Clothing and armor..

I was hoping that the game would have used armor class, or some kind of base where the armor you did put on had some effect on the game..

So much could have gone in with this game.. But parts of this game seemed almost rushed..

Over all I do enjoy the game.. BUT they could have done sooo much more with Fable 2.. Over all its okay, and a beautiful game.. But its lacking in many many areas.. Such as elite end game weapons, Armor, armor class. Spawn points for mobs. And could use alot more content, and places to travle and explore..

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
via videosift.com

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Fable 2 seemed more as a tech demo to me. Kind of a work in progress. At least that is hope. It's true about the big boss battle. The armor, and that. However they are pushing some boundaries here, and I you gotta like that.

I was not impressed with the magic controls. The powering up and all that. Yeah, a person can use the force push to stun them, gaining time to power up and do some real damage. I just just couldn't seem to get the hang of it.

At first I didn't care for fire arms in this game, and then I got to like it. I thought theaugments were mostly lame, but I worked out some exploits to give gold and XP.

If they make another, and they continue to bring to advance the game technologically and further the timeline. I was thinking that it would be cool if braught into the now, with magic. No one has really done that, and could be an interesting blend.

my verdict: It was pretty cool. I enjoyed it. Not as much as the Force Unleashed, but worth playing.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Fable has its own perks, but it doesn't stand up to the powerhouse, "Oblivion" even Two Worlds may be better with its sequel on the way soon.

I do love my fable II gal though.

I even bought the CE hoping to get the collectable Hob,...sadly I didn't, haha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join