It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mudslides And Floods Kill More Then 50 In China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Floods and heavy have killed more then 50 people in Southern China and have forced more then 350,000 people to evacuate there homes.

news.scotsman.com
BEIJING (Reuters) - Floods and mudslides triggered by heavy rains have killed more than 50 people in south China in recent days and forced more than 350,000 people to flee their homes, state media said on Thursday.

In Fujian province, 41 people were killed in floods and 356,200 people evacuated from their homes, the official Xinhua news agency said.
Mudslides killed 12 people in Wuzhou, a city in the southern autonomous region of Guangx

A section of the railway between capital Beijing and Hong Kong was also destroyed in east Jiangxi province.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In my opinion, i think this is a very unfortunate event and i feel for the families and loved ones of those lost in this horrific act of nature.
The unfortunate thing is when something like this happens, you cant put the person responsible behind bars for this wrong doing against humanity because this wasnt a person, it was an act of nature.

Related News Links:
news.scotsman.com
www.chinadaily.com.cn
www.swissinfo.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Edit: Title.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by intrepid]

join