It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi was Fake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The Man, The Myth

Originally posted by Tomashi
Only funny thing is his incredible rise to power - from small crook to terroristleader in a really short time. Maybe something fishy there?

I think it's been well-reported here and elsewhere that Zarqawi was pumped up by U.S. intelligence for a variety of reasons, and the tale grew in the telling.

Because of this, some may be led to falsely assume that he didn't really exist.

There's plenty of evidence dating back long before Dubya became president that Zarqawi did exist. The Jordanians were very unhappy with him for trying to overthrow the monarchy fourteen years ago, among many other things.

He was a slippery character, but as best I can tell was more lucky than anything else. He was a very busy man, ruthless and passionate about his work, and was able to rally support for the insurgency during a difficult time.

He was not the only insurgent leader, nor even necessarily the best, but thanks both to his own mystique and U.S. propaganda, he was a very important and visible figure for the Iraqi resistance.

The fact that he survived so long is a tribute to his resourcefulness under difficult circumstances, but ultimately his luck ran out.

And here we are, debating whether he ever existed in the first place.

P.S. Perhaps a more apt thing to debate would be how many legs he had when they found him.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The Man, The Myth

Originally posted by Tomashi
Only funny thing is his incredible rise to power - from small crook to terroristleader in a really short time. Maybe something fishy there?

I think it's been well-reported here and elsewhere that Zarqawi was pumped up by U.S. intelligence for a variety of reasons, and the tale grew in the telling.

Lets be honest the main reason he was pumped up was pure propraganda, to give the US belevers a boogey man, a face of the war, a reason to be there & to stay there.

Now their trying to say their spin was some major plan they had all along to capture him, LOL face it these morons (the Bush Administration) couldn't plan their way out of a paper sack. Look at all their great plans & tell me one that has worked.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This is what we are asked to accept as fact by the Pentagon, the same guys who plant stories in Iraqi media:

They dropped two 500 pound bombs directly on
Zarqawi's house while he is still inside and he gets only a scratch on his face.

Yeah. Hitler is also alive in Argentina; sending letters
to Iran on how to finish the gas project.

One Iraqi witness said a dying man resembling Zarqawi was beaten by covert forces after F16 jets demolished the safe house on Wednesday sunset.

Pentagon know that if Zarqawi's face actually looked like dog meat, then no one would have believed that the dog had been put down. Therefore they had to have his face preserved and recognisable to display before the media; and the only way they could have kept his face in good condition is by holding him before the bombing.

This means they had him in custody BEFORE the bombing took place.

Bombing had to be done to convice the Iraqis that he was not in our custody.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

Ox

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kinda funny that you mention that, the news reported today that he died from "Explosive blast shock" where all of his oxygen containing organs ruptured, Lungs, intestines, ears etc.. ok.. Which would follow extreme blunt trauma, IE: The beating of a lifetime.. Now.. The swelling and what not from his face in the pictures doesnt look like a man who had two 500lbs bombs dropped on him.. I mean, what would the minimum safe distance for him not to be liquified have to be??
And youre right.. he was put there to be the face of terror and a reason.. a purpose.. thats all..

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
obviously some people dont know what a concussion from a bomb does... it causes exactly what happened to zarqawi.. if covert soldiers beat him to death.. well then good because i bet they were mad that 2 500 lb bombs didnt kill the bastard

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
as soon as i heard this guy was dead on the news i thought "my fellow ATS'ers are going to be in a heavy debate about this one." personally whether he is dead or not i dont think it matters all that much. if he was really killed (which i believe he was) i think it is going to be inconsequential to the war effort anyway. just a moral booster pretty much i think, and it may help the prez's poll numbers for a short bit...although i dont really see that happening atm.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Until you explain to me how this guy is dead when he's been killed more than ONCE, I am laughing at ALL of you who say he's dead and this was such a victory for us.

Oh, they must have put terrorist kryptonite in those bombs to get the uber terrorist...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Really funny stuff. He was a fake American agent who our troops beat the # out of after he was bombed. Pick a side.

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Really funny stuff. He was a fake American agent who our troops beat the # out of after he was bombed. Pick a side.

Ox

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There was a small segment on my local news this morning mentioning Zarqawi and Karl Rove.. The basic story was that the Republican party and W hope that by the death of Zarqawi and Rove not being indicted that this will help the elections in November..

Could all of this be just a political ploy?
Surely not!!! (Insert sarcastic tone here)

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Your all loooking at this as if SOME of the information given by the illegial OCCUPIERS of Iraq is truthful.

There are 4x Zarqawi's.

The original Black and White photo,
The masked figure beheading nick berg
And the chubby fumbling man in the videos and aftermath of the bombstrike.
and the name that is associated with bombings and attacks.

Your all assuming he's the ONE MAN.

I beleive the black and white photo is zarqawi, and he ihas been DEAD for some time.
The chubby fat man fumbling with weapons was nothing more than an captured insurgent, who's loyalites lay MORE with killing americans for fun, rather than religion. So he was paid with freedom, to fire a gun, look incompitent and unbeknown to him, be killed.
the masked man beheading nicberg could be ANYONE, there's even a lot of posts with compelling idea's it was an AMERICAN STAGED event

then there's the zaqawi who you never saw, who you never witnessed do anything.
All you heard about this zarqawi, is wat the media told you, that he did that bombing, he did this attack, he's responsible for this that and the other.
He always seemed to blow something up, right on que.
he didnt attack election booths during the election, which would of SEVERLY hurt bush and his ratings. nope, he decided to kill innocent civilians.. not americans, but iraqi's. what better way to make the locals hate the man AGAINST your cause?
This Zarqawi, ironically enough is the only REAL zarqawi.
Real in the sense he existed, only because the american media created him.
and right when bush needed it the most,
right when his ratings were plummeting, and people were losing faith,
wow, he turns up dead..

They apparently got this information from capture insurgents?..
So , let me understand this.
for 3 years you've been capturing his CLOSEST of CLOSEST aides,
torturing them, but only now.. only after this ONE person captured did you locate him?

give me a break.

Ox

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I have seen the black and white photo that you talk about, it was shown on my local news the day they reported his death, and I must say that it didnt look like the man that was killed.. Do you, or ANYONE have or know where to find this picture? it would be great to post the two side by side and show the differences

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
personally whether he is dead or not i dont think it matters all that much.

I totally agree. Whether or not he ever existed, whether he was a US agent or a real "terrorist" leader, whether or not he's dead now, doesn't matter. The story is out there and people believe it. His successor has been chosen and is now on a list somewhere.

He was supposedly the al-qaida leader in Iraq, the US supposedly took him out. And now there's proof that we're makin' progress over there.

I think people who are claiming that anything in this story is a 'fact' are just choosing what to believe and calling it facts. If you're right, it's just coincidental. We don't know the 'facts' about this any more than we know anything about this war...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He was supposedly the al-qaida leader in Iraq, the US supposedly took him out. And now there's proof that we're makin' progress over there.

What strikes me as kind of odd is that they revealed the name of their new leader. Why would a terrorist organization feel it necessary to announce that to the public, knowing it'll only give the occupiers reason to stay? So we can waste that guy too? I guess maybe the government wants to ride the wave of Zarqawi's death, but needed a new boogeyman to maintain a reason to be there...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Why would a terrorist organization feel it necessary to announce that to the public, knowing it'll only give the occupiers reason to stay?

I think it's important for them to give the impression to the world that, even though their 'leader' was killed, they're not going to miss a beat. They want to say, "Kill us and we'll keep coming." And they will...

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah but I still think it would suffice to announce that they have new leadership, but keep it a secret as to who it is, and step up attacks. That's how I'd run things if it were me, their leaders would stay alive longer that way...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I am very disappointed in the general ignorance of some members of this forum. Zarqawi has been a major player since LONG before Bush was ever in office. I've been following stories about him out of Jordan ever since the early 90's. He was a infamous in the middle-east since about 1995 as he has been in the US in the last year. The only reason some of you never heard about him before now is that you seem to only fall the mass American media. Look back in the BBC Middle East archives for the last 12 years and you will see story after story about him. Go to your local Islamic neighborhood, find an archive and look up old Jordanian or Egyptian newspapers from the last 12 years. It is stupid banter like this that makes conspiracy theorists that actually do their homework look bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join