It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead: Most Wanted Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I am pretty sure there is no yearbook or "directory" of terrorists, that laves us with Intel. In the very recent past our intel relative to these folks has been sub-par at best, to utterly worthless at worst.

Most of the stories I've read about this individual have been claiming nobody knows what he really looks like, today they have a dead man's face and it's him for certain?

I smell a propaganda machine warming up... Has there been any confirmation from the other side? Has Al Jazeera run this?

Springer...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well it's about time someone got this worthless coward. I sure hope it's true. This country can't afford to many more screw ups. The bastard got what he deserved.
There's a special place in hell for this coward.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Has there been any confirmation from the other side? Has Al Jazeera run this?

I posted this on page two.

External Source

Al Qaeda in Iraq pledged to continue fighting.

"We tell our prince, Sheikh bin Laden, your soldiers in al Qaeda in Iraq will continue along the same path that you set out for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi," said a statement on an Islamist Web site.

Now the link i provided obviously is not from "them" but does state this message was posted on an islamic web site, i wanted to know which one!!.
if anyone knows where they can see it show us please.

Link

mod edit: shortened url

[edit on 8-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billgrant88

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
*dances in the street and fires my M-16 in the air*

First Id like to say.....

Praise be upon christ, praise him....praise be on the USA.....

ANOTHER ONE BACK TO ALLAH!!!!!

a major blow to the insurgency and a major victory to coalition forces....

OH BTW...it was zarqawi....

[edit on 8-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]
You dirty, vile scumbag. You Christians are nothing but savages, no redeeming features whatsoever.

You christians!!!!!! nice generalization!!!!! I think he was joking but thats besides the point!!!

Go
yourself!!!!!!!!!

link   
Doesn’t anybody realize you can’t fight fire with fire. Everyone is so out to lunch on this forum it blows me away. All that is happening is more perpetuations of violence and instability. This conflict will never end and society as we know it is so gone and brainwashed that even you people, the fringe elements who still can think for themselves, are deeply invested in the systematic destruction of life on every scale imaginable. If anyone out there thinks that more killing is the solution to any problem, more bombs, more death, more hate, more destruction you are mistaken. I am not some dreamy idealist, but there are ways out of this conflict. Dropping bombs even on those who deserve it isn’t the answer to anything.

link   
I agree it is a good thing he is dead, I can't however buy the fact he died in a bombing. When ou look at the pictures of the cars at his safe house they are mangled burned to a crisp piles of junk. Amazing how a van is incinerated and yet his body is fully intact. I think it may be possible that special forces had him in a secret prision and waited for the right time to kill him and display the body, i thought the same thing for Saddam's arrest as these things seem to happen at the most conveniant times for this administration. Or maybe it is him, what do I know I am not a eplosives expert nor was I there to find his body. From the news they present about his death however it looks like a set up, and our government is very good at carrying out set ups.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
English version

and.....

www.aljazeera.net... 3.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Arabic version

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
You christians!!!!!! nice generalization!!!!! I think he was joking but thats besides the point!!!

Go
yourself!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if your joking but this goes to every other anti christian on the board today. Not all Americans are christians, also just because an American or anybody else is glad to see this fool dead does not make them a christian. Spewing anti christian post just make you look like the ignorant fool here, not those "christians" that you seem to hate so much. And just so you know before you attack me for blindly accepting christianity and all you see evil, I am not a christian, and I still think you need to lighten the attacks against them, this is a great day for America, not the Church.

mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 8-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Pfft, ok lets open the book of Arabic names and randomly poke your finger as your flipping the book. That will be how the next terrorist scapegoat will brought out into our world. That does not matter though. At least we are a step closer to stabalizing the nation.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
No Hadifa is not being forgotten. The investigation is ongoing and whomever is responsible for it, the massacre, will answer for it. My understanding of the Uniform Code of Military Justice is that they could all be executed if found guilty. If they are guilty, then execution, or more likely long-ass jail terms, is what will happen. Innocent 'til proven guilty, isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Unless they're members of the United States Marine Corps, obviously.

Oh, bye the by, it isn't all Marines, it is a few who allegedly went off. Coloring them all as murderers is as wrong as someone else coloring all Muslims as terrorists.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by billgrant88

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
I believe Zarqawi was a real honest to goodness oxygen sucking muslim, and I believe he is dead, and I am happy he is dead

May the U.S. troops have many, many, more opportunities to kill these scumbags!
#ing disgusting. What is it with you Christians? Scum of the Earth. The lot of you.

Im not christian and I still say good riddance to trash like Zarqawi

Good luck on that 70 virgins thing Zarqawi

[edit on 8-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OK, so if the reports are true, and he is confirmed as dead, then what now? What real significance will his death have on the War against Terrorism?

One man is not the entire terrorist threat. There will be someone else to step into his shoes, and carry this idiots legacy on.

Don't get me wrong here, i am as pleased as the next person that this barbaric idiot got his just deserts after what he had done in the past.

I am more concerned now of the repercussions that this will lead to within the terrorist organization.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Let’s see, we have the government planning a disaster/terrorism drill on June 19,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a warning of impending terror attack,

and now Zarqari is dead? Is anyone else connecting the dots?

As far as billgrant88 is concerned, Please don’t feed the trolls!

I'm thinking the same thing! Could this be a diversion, or something to place the blame on? Ahh, who knows, lets just hope it helps things in Iraq. I'm watching the stock market closely these next few weeks though.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief

Originally posted by darkelf
Let’s see, we have the government planning a disaster/terrorism drill on June 19,

a warning of impending terror attack,

and now Zarqari is dead? Is anyone else connecting the dots?

As far as billgrant88 is concerned, Please don’t feed the trolls!

I'm thinking the same thing! Could this be a diversion, or something to place the blame on? Ahh, who knows, lets just hope it helps things in Iraq. I'm watching the stock market closely these next few weeks though.

Thats exactly the feeling im getting, i feel as if this is a pretense to something bigger, we will see retaliation for this culminating into something BIG against the west, some high profile target.

Then you get the "reaction" needed to go a. with what ever is the next agenda, Iran?

So yeah, thats what i'm feeling anyone else?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What concerns me most is this:

www.cbsnews.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source
The next attack here, officials predict, will bear no resemblance to Sept. 11. The casualty toll will not be that high, the target probably not that big. We may not even recognize it for what it is at first, they say. But it's coming — of that they seem certain.

With this setup, they could call anything a terrorist attack! One of the refineries here in Corpus was struck by lightening last week during a thunderstorm. The refinery was shut down while they fought the fire and will stay that way until repairs are completed. How easy would it be to take an incident like that and come back later to report "Well, no we thought it was lightening, but we’ve discovered evidence that there was a bomb.”

How do we trust our government to give us the truth? What better way to introduce martial law than with a revenge attack for the death of Zarqawi? How will we know the truth?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Awesome news. Supposedly this guy is the "slaughtering shiek" or something like that. I just read somewhere they believe he was the one that did the live video be.ings. I'm glad he's dead.....and I'm never glad anyone is dead, but this is joyous news.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How many posts on this topic are there going to be today?????????

I still have the same problem with all these accusations of faking these stories. Why if Bush and Blair are willing to fake this stuff did he and Blair not plant WMD’s and save themselves all this heat?????????? If they can fake this they could have easily done the other. I’m not buying it. The story is real. The Bush administration is incapable of keeping a secret. They have proved that over and over again. To many people would have to be involved. I do not like Bush but spreading phony propaganda without any proof is just as bad as the things he and Blair are accused of. Lying is lying and liars are liars.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGoodDoctorFunk
If anybody has read my previous posts, you'll know that I'm always on the home side of skeptical as far as many conspiracies go.

There's just something that smells fishy here.

One of my thoughts on this, as I was brushing my teeth was "Yeah, this is how they should have done things in Mogadishu! Leveled off that 'important meeting' instead of trying to arrest the warlord and bring him back to justice...
..but wait, why didn't they try that in this instance? In Mogadishu, the entire section of the city was against the Americans, and they still sent in Delta to try and grab prisoners. In Iraq, the terrorists, even the leaders, are continually on the run. They are the fugitives, and would certainly not have hundreds of thousands of citizens fighting for them on the way out. SO why not try to capture Zarqawi? Why level the entire building to fist-sized rubble?"

I don't know. SOmething about this. The timings, the subject, the frankness of W's speech this morning...

It's early. I have to get to work.

maybe he had a bunch of guys with him, like bodyguards and stuff.

and who is this zawhiri guy everybody is getting mixed up with?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
also who gets the 25 million for killing him? the guy who pushed the button to fire the bomb?or someone else?

[edit on 8-6-2006 by blackhumvee113]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
English version

and.....

www.aljazeera.net... 3.htm" target="_blank" class="postlink">Arabic version

Thanks for that link

i did notice that 3rd story down was "oil down, dollar up as Zaquari killed"

now if i were a synacal person i could have a feild day with that