It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Kandahar Airfield Base As a Civilian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I couldn't be more proud of the troops (all nations, and there's lots) in Kandahar Air Field. I really believe in the cause, and am extremely proud to say I will soon find myself on the base itself. I will however, not be going over as as a soldier, instead as a civilian working one of the facilities on the base. I don't know my exact position, this is up to the administrative personnel at the Canadian Forces Personnel Support Agency (www.cfpsa.com). It could range range from working in the new Tim Hortons or in one of the four Canadian run retail outlets. I can't say how excited I am for this opportunity to serve, not only my tropps, but soldiers from all over the world. My brother is currently in Kandahar, he is a member of the 3 PPCLI (Canadian Infantry Regiment) that are currently a part of the taskforce. I have looked up to him my whole life, and while I knew military life wasn't for myself, I am completely humbled by this opportunity to be a part of his world in my own capacity.

Here a couple links you can read about the training I went through to score this awesome job.

Macleans article
www.macleans.ca...

The Maple Leaf Article
www.forces.gc.ca...

There was a lot more media coverage concerning this training, especially since this is the first training of the new Tim Hortons on base, I currently do not know my deployment date, but should be within the next 5 months. People of all nations, please support your troops, they are the most important national asset ever. Canadian citizens reading this post, please, if you are intersted, apply at www.cfpsa.com.

Thank you all for reading, and look forward to your discussion.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Congrats...hope it works out for you.

I came to Iraq in 2004. The only training we received was how to don a gas mask. It's been sitting at the bottom of my duffle bag ever since, along with all the other stuff i was issued, but haven't used. Aside from my body armor and helmet, the only thing i've used has been my sleeping bag.

At the orientation they were more worried about our medical and dental status than anything else.

Stay safe.

join