It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Underway: for residents of Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
According to the AP news Officials in Indonesia Said:

"This morning we raised the status of Merapi to the top alert, which is the red code. Every resident has been ordered to evacuate," Subandrio, head of the Merapi section at the Center for Volcanological Research and Technology Development, told Reuters.

Residents said they could see lava flowing and thick smoke rising from Merapi, one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the Pacific "Ring of Fire" that has been rumbling for weeks.

to get the full story go here Indonesia in danger

Are there any major reprocussions if this thing blows, obviously some people are going to get hurt but aside from that....

i know alot of people have been talking about there being some major significance if this thing blows..how is this going to effect the world?

Cherrio!
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

Mod Edit: cap title

[edit on 9-6-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Stock Market

Governments probably know what is ahead more than its citizens. Certain drills happening lately. The world market on today does not look good and is a visual indicator of mutual trust among nations and how they want to economize today. What's ahead? I keep seeing the dog analogy with too many fleas on its back shaking desperately back and forth to aleve 'the problem'. What's with this ring of fire, tsunami talk, San Fran earthquake, comet Wachmann flair lately?

The Day the Economy Stood Still is just the title of what's probably at our doorstep.

Wait till we see the script!

[edit on 6-8-06 by pacman]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
why do you think this could effect our economy? im not being sarcastic or anything im very interested in your observation.

thanks
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well I'm not an expert in money and would like to hear from someone that might know what this means, but the W.E. has been shaky lately. Today I think it dropped significantly in Asia and others. Look at the world market today. Is this normal?

N225

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
World Market

Nobody has said anything here. Yesterday was a bad day for some markets. Not sure how little or big this is, but usually when you see bad times... money is an important factor in the world.

The environment is indicating it now as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I havent heard any reports on TV, but how can you report something like this and take away from the Zarqawi death?

Wont happen.

I hope nothing happens in Indonesia. Hope they will be safe,

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good observation with Zarqawi which is a distraction.

Don't know what is going on with Bush and Iran lately except control. There was two bombs in Bagdhad Thursday affecting an open market and nearby it. *Link* Osama is still alive and I read a few places talking about nuking two cities like what we did to Japan last century on August 6 with some smaller scale pre-attacks on few other cities first. Bible codes (i know some don't like them) say something about August 3rd and 4th, 2006. The ring of fire and other natural oddities acting up as the forementioned things happening with the distraction/intelligence talk lately on the other threads. The past jewish temples fell on the same (9th of Av) dates. Would the third follow the same? What is lurking behind door number two-thousand six? Does one country economy have much play on imploding other economies? How is it connected? Chain reaction in economy and environment?

Who knows maybe I'm tired and need to some sleep?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
When it blows could it start the change of volcanos on the cost to erupt too .have a look at how many there are vulcan.wr.usgs.gov... don't no if that is possible but it makes we wonder

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
cool post eggman, i never knew there were so many volcanos in that region

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
pacman: yea im not too good with the stock market analysis stuff either. im a 20 year old college student and im not majoring in economics lol. i have been seeing on the news however that the stock markets all over the world have been dropping lately, some up to 100 pts. there was one commentator on MSNBC i think that mentioned a fear of an approach of another dark age which is so wierd because someone here on ATS said something about that and i thought that site he gave was a bunch of crap lol.

Eggman: good observation. so this volcano could cause some in the whole chain to go off as well? i did take a geology class last semester and we studied volcanoes alot but geology isnt my major so i only remember so much of the class.

now this is mere speculation but i heard somewhere that the fault that caused this volcano could effect mount st. helens or yellowstone. im not really seeing the parallel here so if anyone knows why someone would say this i would appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks again for participating everyone!

CHERRIO!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
pacman: yea im not too good with the stock market analysis stuff either. im a 20 year old college student and im not majoring in economics lol. i have been seeing on the news however that the stock markets all over the world have been dropping lately, some up to 100 pts. there was one commentator on MSNBC i think that mentioned a fear of an approach of another dark age which is so wierd because someone here on ATS said something about that and i thought that site he gave was a bunch of crap lol.

Eggman: good observation. so this volcano could cause some in the whole chain to go off as well? i did take a geology class last semester and we studied volcanoes alot but geology isnt my major so i only remember so much of the class.

now this is mere speculation but i heard somewhere that the fault that caused this volcano could effect mount st. helens or yellowstone. im not really seeing the parallel here so if anyone knows why someone would say this i would appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks again for participating everyone!

CHERRIO!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Like I said I'm not the expert, I'm new at this. And would really like to get an opinion of someone who really knows about stuff like this. I was reading or watching something about the earth and volcanoes last week.

I imagine it like any bathroom sink. See how the pipes go down into the ground, connecting to a network below the house and this is how you get water. The only difference is the magma comes through the core in the other direction, pushing onward through the network of tubes. I would think that scientists can measure the air pressure inside the tube being pressed harder as the molten hot mAgma gets closer to the sink so to speak. The pressure is tremendous right now or at least significant I think. Can someone help with this?

The magma is pushing it's way outward from the center. Earth like a toy top is spinning, thus it keeps centered. It's when the top starts to slow down or change rhythm... what happens to the toy top then? The lava starts to surface? One unique clue was when the volcano went off a while back and it 'rung' the planet like a bell. I do not want any fear about this, just information. So I'll lighten it up. Where is the experts in Vulcanoes and Kirkquakes? Live long and prosperY

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Merapi is apparently the most active volcano on the planet. Not for nothing, but the death of zarqawi is bigger news than that an active volcano is....active.

This isn't something that can be predicted or controlled, so it can't be part of some clandestine cabal or something that the 'elite' are prepping for. This volcano has erupted lava several times over the past few years even, and will continue to do so for the foreseable future. The markets are probably reacting to the thousands of other forces that affect them at any given moment, rather than this normal volcanic activity.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't know Ngyden. It looks like alot activity this year. You could be right... it might not be anything or monumental.

34 this year this half

Just trying to understand.

[edit on 6-9-06 by pacman]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There are far far more earthquakes and volcanic activity going on at any given moment than peopel realize. That list is just a short list of volcanic activity.

top topics

join