It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And its name was wormwood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Its also possible that the author of St John's Apocalypse was high on absinthe or entheogenic drugs when he got his inspiration for the book. The symbology is ceratainly fantastic, hallucinartory, and crytic.

Also, why accept St. John's Apocalypse as a source of prophecy and as being divinely inspired? The RCC accepted it, so I can understand catholics who have faith that the mother church will not be lead astray on vital doctrinal matters, but even the RCC was wary of including it at first (or so I have heard).

The John in it isn't John the Baptist, nor is it definitly John the Apostle, but rather its though to simply be another John. The context of the writting also seems to be pretty clear that it was intended for early christians living under Roman rule and persecution and in contact with imperial cults and mystery cults. So why take it as too meaningful today, without those cults, and without also accepting the revelation of the faith to the RCC??

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Absinthe's not illegal here, I have some. It's like Pernod but stronger and it is a green thickish liquid. However when I drink it I do not have visions of the end times, but I do agree that it's very possible that Revelations for example was inspired by entheogens or related inebriants.

=absinthe makes the heart grow fonder=

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ed: while your idea makes sense it doesnt totally fit the verse. only because it talks of a star falling from the sky. and if you read the other trumpets and bad events mentioned in revelation there are already droughts and volcanic activity mentioned. the only thing that doesnt seem to be covered anywhere else would be a nuclear explosion of some sort. thats why we are gravitating toward that. but thank you for your input. the wormwood definatly would effect the water.

To everyone that posted on my thread:
thank you for your insight it seems that we are all gravitating toward almost the same idea. even if it has already passed like the chernobyl thing. if you guys have any more input or information that you find on this please feel free to post. and i also want to thank you for being curtious to the outline of the thread and not making this "the bible is a bunch of crap and let me tell you why" thread and simply thinking about the content involved.

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Nygan:
while you may have your own personal reasons for your speculations please stay with the idea of the thread. it is simply to give insight into wormwood if it does apply to now. there are a vast many other threads where you can express your speculations or discontent with the book of revelation. if you have any further insight to wormwood specifically please feel free to post.

Kind Regards,
digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
if you have any further insight to wormwood specifically please feel free to post.

Ah. Apologies, not trying to distract.

Its also possible that they were refering to merely the bittering of the seas?

I recall that in some discussions of the after effects of the chixulub impact in the yucatan (the one at the end of the era of the dinosaurs), that there was a possibility that the underlying rock that got vapourized in the impact created really powerful acid rains.

So perhaps the Wormwood star/impact could release some chemical concoction that poisons the seas or changes there pH to a more base level (ie, bitter)?

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
interesting insight NY.
i definatly hadnt considered that...partly because ive never heard of it lol.
wormwood is probably not literal as far as it being the name of something..so the idea that the book of revelation suggested "its name is wormwood" seems to most certainly be symbolic for the proporties of wormwood itself. im leaning toward the nuke thing only because radiation poisoning and the illustration of it being a star coming down does seem to fit.

here is an illustration of a nuclear bomb going off

and here is something i found that shows one of the effects of a nuclear fallout...its kinda creepy to think about:
maps.grida.no..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

and here you can see how the 'estimated' effects of nuclear radiation are pretty close to the 1/3 mentioned in the verse...although i do acknowledge that it obviously isnt exact but again it is also an estimation.

pretty interesting stuff i must say. just a quick side question: do you guys think that an attack is imminent? not neccessarily hitting the united states but i just mean in general? do you think someone is going to launch one at somebody soon?

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by helen670
It is now up to us for what happens next.
take care,
helen

Helen, thanks so much for hearing me.

But I still want to ask you, how can it be 'up to us' when the bible makes no bones about it: God's will WILL be done?

Gods will , will be done,yes!
I remember reading that the 'end of the world' can be delayed....by peoples prayers.
In the Old Testament God did not allow the destruction of people because of one mans prayers ....an offering of prayer on behalf of all ...

The end will come only when all people are preocupied with worldly thoughts......as is of now?

In Revelation.....
The last Epoch of the church age is now....

I know thy work, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth (Apoc. 3:15-16).

I understand that this thread is 'And its name is wormwood' so i wont go on into the Revelation of the church age..

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
just a quick side question: do you guys think that an attack is imminent? not neccessarily hitting the united states but i just mean in general? do you think someone is going to launch one at somebody soon?

Cheerio!
Digitalgrl

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

From what the Bible says it is going to happen, but it has already happened, in Japan. But more and more countries are wanting nuclear weapons. The depravity and level of evil in mankind is great. God is letting us see how great, so that one day there will be no doubt to this question. Can mankind create a prospering peaceful world without God? No, we can't.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
first post- hi everyone!

I can only go on what I have read, but I have heard a few near death experiencers who have come back and said that God will not let his earth be destroyed in a nuclear attack. He created it- and he will prevent our folly from destroying it in that way, although clearly a time of great tribulation is at hand.

I can't say what 'wormwood' might be... a star... kills a third of all fishes... the principle quality appears to be a poisonous bitterness, so perhaps some kind of chemical weapon, maybe one that has not been invented yet?

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If you hav`nt heard of Project Wormwood which i`m sure its been posted on ATS before,check out the Aussie Gov`s little program,interesting name Huh?

www.ips.gov.au...

bit more on it here...

www.ips.gov.au...

Whether Wormwood referred to in the Bible is a meteor,nuclear devastation etc one can only assume i guess,though when it happens it will be clear,and if it is a meteor and they are putting together planetary defense,best of luck trying to stop what is written.

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have an idea.

A dirty bomb test or nuclear called Wormwood, was an underwater test. Or it could be a test that failed and became a dirty bomb or it could of been too powerful like that one American test (I forgot the name of it but you know) and it intoxicated the water. Or it could of been arctic nuclear testing which then toxicated the whole arctic and global warming occured and the current carried radioactive water through the rivers and seas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join