It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Seen Over Washington DC??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hello all and i hope you are all well,
I thought i would post this here since i gather that alot of the people of this topic know there stuff really well.
OK so i was browsing around and found this pic of Washington DC, this photo was taken on one of those worldwide webcams, u know the ones that users can look at different locations around the world with there home computer??
Anyway i was just wondering if anyone else has seen this or can prove its a fake.
It looks strange in a way.

Thanks Omega.

I appreciate your replies and please tell me what you think.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Its on a web cam, so its hard to tell. I would say its fake, but if its real the best picture of all time. I see messed up Pixels around the UFO, it could either be it is a fake or the web cam. UFOS hovered over the White House I think in the 1950’s for a while, I am pretty sure it was in that time line, it was an interesting story.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Airplane, either taking off or landing at National airport.

Notice how the lights of the cars are ettended out, indicating a slow shutter speed.
Same thing happened with the plane, leaving a streak of lights across the sky.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To me it looks like a time-lapsed exposure photo of a plane or helicopter. If you look at the bottom of the picture there are three long lights that could be vehicle lights. IMHO

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah I examined it more, and I would say airplane or stealth fighter. I think the photo was messed with, and some one flipped the airplane upside down. I say this because the positioning of the lights. I could be wrong.

I said stealth fighter because it looks like it makes a V shape at the end, but that could be because of how the photo was taken.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by ProjectX1986]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
greetings all ,
Interesting posts by all of you

ALlthough if it was a plane wouldnt u be able to see the tail or the engine turbines??
I might invite a friend of mine whos an expert on aviation to the thread he might be able to give some answers on the plane theory.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This has been explained several times on ATS.

Sorry I don't have links this time.

What you are seeing is a web cam over looking D.C. ( Washington Monument ) that continuously captures Air Craft coming in low over the city. ( I've personally flown into to D.C. once myself and if you have too then you know its a low approach over the City.)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's a slow exposure of a smaller jet going into National. The reason we don't see the engines Omega is because of the time of the exposure. The lense opens to take the pic, and the plane keeps moving, so all we get is a blur like that. The red are the lights on the top and bottom of the fuselage, the one right behind that is PROBABLY the wingtip navigation light, and the last one is under the tail. Based on that light pattern I'd say either a 737 or A320. It can't be an MD series, because they don't have the tail lights. I'm not sure about the Embraer or other jets about that size, but I know that those two do.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Question, if it's a plane why is it that although the cars are maybe be going 55mph and have their lights stretched by the exposer, why arn't the lights on the airplane stretched out as well? Is it not going as fast?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've seen that happen, where the lights are stretched on a plane, but I've also seen where they aren't. I'm not sure why sometimes it happens, and other times it doesn't. Something to do with the exposure rate or something like that. I'm sure someone better with cameras can explain it.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This was discussed on ATS a while back (I don't have a link to the original thread, because I'm too lazy to look for it). I was active in the original discussion, and I'll relate the jist of the original thread as I remember it.

I posted on the thread stating that I live in the Baltimore/DC area (I actually live in Baltimore, but work rather often in DC, and am thus familliar with the view you see from the webcam). The view that you see from the webcam is from the Northern VA area, pointing into DC. The webcam itself is stationed south of Regan National Airport, which is both a commuter airport, as well as an Air Force Base. The lights you see are pretty typical of a jet flying into Regan National Airport. Someone on the original thread about this photo actually emailed Regan National about incoming aircraft at the time this photo was taken. Regan replied back that they had no incoming or outgoing aircraft at that time. That said, remember that it's also a military base as well as a commercial airport (Regan National Airport was originally established as a defense base for the Washington DC area, and still holds that responsibility, along with being a commercial airport). Because it's a military base, the commercial towers (who replied to the request sent for air traffic information) would not have recorded the military air traffic (or might not be allowed to state the departure or arrival times of military aircraft). There are many non-commercial jets that fly in and out of Regan National, including Air Force One, when the president is in town, not to mention the numerous military use fighter and commercial grade aircraft used for flying around employees from the Pentagon, Congress, Senate, CIA, FBI, and other government organizations based close to Regan National.

There are many flights in and out of Regan National Airport on any given day that are not handled by public air traffic control, and thus not recordable by public air traffic control, and also not released to the public in the interest of national security. Most likely, this is one of those flights, and not a UFO at all. Additionally, given the airspace that the recorded photograph is in, this is restricted airspace. It's made usable to commuter traffic only over the Potomac River (which the blur in the photo is likely over), and even then, and unknown aircraft in that space will likely be quickly set upon by military aircraft, scrambled from Regan National, and soon after from Langley AFB.

I will try and find the original post on this photo, and if I find it, I will post the link.

Here's several links on this photo:
Rense.com
ufocasebook.com (Keep in mind, they speculate that there is no trail left from the over/under lights on the streak - Airplane lights blink excessively fast (they're strobes). It's likely that in the multiple second exposure of this craft, the blinking lights were only captured for a single frame.)
physicsforums.com

And I found the original ATS Thread
UFO captured on DC Webcam In No-Fly Zone

[edit on 6/8/2006 by obsidian468]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just a comment on a comment -

if that picture was a bona-fide UFO it still wouldn't be the best photo evidence,

haven't you seen any videos of UFOs, or OVNIs since a lot of the reports come from Mexico, from the last 10+ years?

Many of them look like bio-luminescent creatures filmed at very deep sea levels.

Don't know how much this is still ongoing but back in the 90s there was so much OVNI activity in Mexico that there was a regular TV show where people would bring in or send in their videos and discuss what was going on. This began when people were filming the eclipse and there was some sort of orb or flying disk there as well.

I know that these days it is far easier to fake such things, but back then when all that was happening the only CGI capable of being that detailed certainly wasn't availible to consumers like it is today moreso, and computers were nowhere near powerful enough to be making anything on that level of fakery.

To put it more into context - dedicated courses for digital image manipulation didn't even have things like CD burners in 1999 - only the most state of the art teaching places had anything like that.

What I'm meaning is that if all those thousands of videos were faked, then that in itself would be a major conspiracy - that also sought to use a huge amount of citizens to kid-on like they filmed the videos.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
Question, if it's a plane why is it that although the cars are maybe be going 55mph and have their lights stretched by the exposer, why arn't the lights on the airplane stretched out as well? Is it not going as fast?

The dots are strobe lights; they flash for around 1/500 second, so they don't blur; the longer streaks are either windows or landing lights.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Cool thanks rand I was just curious is all.
Case closed then.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatAncientWhiteDragon
To me it looks like a time-lapsed exposure photo of a plane or helicopter. If you look at the bottom of the picture there are three long lights that could be vehicle lights. IMHO

I believe it may time-lapsed as well.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join