It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would this post be deleted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I posted this, and it was apparently thrown in the garbage for offensive material?

People support Bush…because. Fill in the blank.
My 2 cents is that it’s because 99.99% of people don’t know diddly squat about anything and support Bush for very a vast array of reasons mostly related to their emotional treatment as children and how much of that baggage is still being carried around as an adult. Depending on how you frame things, bush can be anything to anyone. I suspect he has very little support from any normal human being and that anyone who still supports him also thinks that we Canadians live in Igloos.
I’ve never met a single person who supports Bush. Where are these people, who are these people? I suspect that for the most part of the 20-30% of people who support bush have an economic interest to do so.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Maybe because your saying that if you support Bush your an idiot? I don't personally support him but some people do have good arguments in favor of him. Just because you disagree does not make your opponent an idiot. or that they do it for money.
This site is for intellectual discourse not name calling.
Peace
Mr Mx

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think it would be interesting to see if the thread about the deleted thread gets deleted.

Of course ATS'rs loving a good argument the thread about the deleted thread could end up being not deleted but just one of those massive threads.

You never know.

SPiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
sorry hit the wrong button, mod please erase.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Nothing has been thrown in the garbage. What are you talking about. This is not true. You have posted this once before here and your post is still there. If a thread of yours have been thrown in the garbage you would get a u2u telling you so, but this has not happened.

d1k

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You probably p'd off a mod thats a Bush supporter. Valid thread IMO. In fact I have not really seen a thread asking why people support Bush, supported him in the elections at 2000 and the elections at 2004. I would actually like to hear why some Americans voted for him in 2000 more then anything.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ohhhh.....i copied and pasted the wrong post that had been trashed and since it's almost 1 am i was too asleep to notice. So the post that got deleted is now deleted for good and that's that....whatever.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I tend to think that Bush supporters are paid disinfo agents, I honestly can't think of any other reason for his support.
Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Lisa electrifies the cupcake and Bart tries to grab it, again and again and again.

The fact that it's hurting him, he just doesn't get it, it's the cupcake he see's, looks like a good cupcake, and full of flavour.

The fact that GWB hurts Americans, some just don't get it, it's the 'Aww Shucks!' guy they see, seems like a nice guy, and full of bravado.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Actually I think ol helmutt gave you a link to your post.

But look your thread about the deleted thread hasn't been deleted. That's gotta count for something.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
the original post was titled
Bush....more than 2 terms?
and basically I was asking if anyone had condidered under what circumstances would Bush be able to stay in power after his term is over (if any) and what would be the public response and to what extent would the military go to in controlling the aftermath. A slightly longer version of this is what got deleted

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
yes...first my post got moved to the us politcs forum, and then 5 min later was deleted.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Are you talking about this thread of yours?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ummm....yess actually I was...hummm.....how did you find that...Ok ok...i said I was new...but i did a search under my user name and nothing came up! I'm innocent I swear!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidlove

how did you find that...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really want to delete this thread because SpiderJ has made me laugh TWICE while trying to drink coffee.
Blast! Coffee on the brand new notebook.

Seriously, though...

originally posted by d1k:
You probably p'd off a mod thats a Bush supporter.

I want to mention that Member d1k's constant attempts to paint a reality that does notexist, by never missing an opportunity to take a jab at the VOLUNTEER STAFF, should be taken with a grain of salt... Use the method Helmutt points out here to review this Member's posting history...

I want it CLEAR that there is not a single Moderator on this site that would trash a thread because they "support Bush", or any other reason that was not covered in the Terms and Conditions what a load of bullocks.

Matter of fact, none of our Moderators support Bush that I know of so what are you talking about? Why do you continue to log onto this site mate? Does it give you some sense of satisfaction to complain about non existent issues? I really would like to understand.

Springer...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
ya...it's sot it out....thatnks

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Matter of fact, none of our Moderators support Bush that I know of so what are you talking about?

Um yeahhh, I've been meaning to talk to somebody about that. How can you not support the guy? C'mon, he's widely regarded as a phenom and anyone knowledgable is really looking forward to how he performs at the next stage.

Let it be known I support Bush!

He did, after all win the Heisman trophy.

Wait, this is Sportztawk isn't it?

Oops, sorry wrong forum.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I really want to delete this thread because SpiderJ has made me laugh TWICE while trying to drink coffee.
Blast! Coffee on the brand new notebook.

Well my work here is done. As for the new notebook...d'oh!...my bad.

Spiderj

PS and Springer...the thread continues

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Edit: sorry double post...sorry

Spiderj

[edit on 6/8/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
You probably p'd off a mod thats a Bush supporter. Valid thread IMO. In fact I have not really seen a thread asking why people support Bush, supported him in the elections at 2000 and the elections at 2004. I would actually like to hear why some Americans voted for him in 2000 more then anything.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by d1k]

I voted or Bush
and il tell you why.. it was my first election and i studied the issues at hand, and in the end decided that they were both complete morons and neither one of them deserved to be in office. So comparing wich would be the less of two evils, I chose Bush. Hes a fool and i dont like him yet i shudder to think what the war on terra would be like with kerry. That idiot might leave civil liberties alone unlike Bush but he wouldnt have the staff or personal knowledge on how to run a war. Not that Bush does, Kerry I thought would have been worse. Also I hate the democratic party with a passion. People like Kerry, Kennedy, Clinton make me want to puke. Infact if Hillory wins in 08 I have plans to leave the country! No joke either, our two party system gives us two options of two morons that arnt all that diferent. Voteing for an independant is futile.

top topics

join