It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's going to win the world cup!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ok, i know it sounds crazy, i know it sounds unrealistic, but I'm going to back the underdog...

...my moneys on AUSTRALIA!

Wouldn't have anything to do with me being australian now would it!

Apart from that it would be great to see England win...it's been a long time between drinks for them! :w:

Who's your money on?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
ITALY!!!

Cause we will feed you Aussies some Pizza, its our seceret weapon!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hot tip ProjectX1986!

But with our midfield combo of Parma team mates Marco Bresciano and Vince Grella, don't count us out.

We have an Italian connection!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I live in the USA, but I have family in Italy. Yeah AUSTRALIA is Italy #2, lol, I wonder how the Italians got there. I have friends who live in Australia who surf and bodyboard, obviously because I do. I may go out there one day, not sure yet. The world cup is messed up, with them throwing Bannanas at the Black players, and those Nazi flags and chants, its crazy.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by ProjectX1986]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is ATS after all so I'm going with the Pleidians.

Zeta reticuli's gotta pretty strong team though.

Spiderj

[edit on 6/8/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Aussies are gonna kick a$$ (would do better with some Kiwi's in the team but can't have everything)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Much as it pains me to say this, it won't be the United States. Oh, woe is me:shk:. I suspect the Italians might have a large something to say in the matter when its all said and done. Of course, the Brazilians'll will be there. So the Cup Final, if it can work out this way: Italy -vs- Brazil, with Italy winning 2-1 in extratime.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
PSYCHIC SANTILLANA SEES THE FINAL MATCH IN RED

Yesterday[he] dared to predict the winner, claiming that it will furnish “a surprise”, but no one will know his answer until June 9, the day of the final match. Santillana, who’s been working on this project ever since last Christmas, placed the name of the winner in a sealed envelope along with the signatures of many of those who were present, and, to enhance the degree of credibility, included the player who will score the last point. Then he put it in a plastic urn that he secured with a four-digit combination lock before [so-&-so]. [He] refused to give clues about the finalists, but he did give out that the colors red and white will be there and he mentioned the numbers six and nine as two of the said clues.

[NOTE: Two days ago a TV news program explained that he meant the uniforms of the two teams. One of the teams will wear a red one, the other one a white one.]

[He] explained that, in order to make his prediction, “I’ve followed closely the performance of the national teams for a year and having scored several points in the last friendly matches doesn’t mean that someone will be the likely winner. Spain has not and I bet on it to win the Cup”. [He] guessed the winning number of the Xmas Sweepstakes in 2004 and his next project is to put out the 22,000 lightbulbs of the Eiffel Tower.

[El mentalista Santillana ve una final de tono rojo

02/06/06 03:00 h. MADRID - El mentalista y psíquico español Carlos Santillana se atrevió a pronosticar ayer el vencedor del Mundial, asegurando que deparará una “sorpresa”, aunque nadie conocerá su predicción hasta el mismo 9 de julio, día de la final. Santillana, que lleva trabajando en este proyecto desde Navidades, introdujo en un sobre cerrado y firmado por varios de los presentes el nombre del ganador del título y, para mayor credibilidad, añadió el autor del último gol. Todo ello lo introdujo en una urna de metacrilato, que cerró con un candado de cuatro dígitos en presencia de Juan Bernal, notario del Ilustre Colegio de Madrid. El mentalista no quiso dar pistas sobre los finalistas, pero sí desveló que los colores rojo y blanco estarán presentes y se refirió a los números 6 y 9 como dos de las claves de la final.
Para hacer su pronóstico, Santillana explicó que “he observado el recorrido este último año de las selecciones y el haber goleado en los últimos amistosos no quiere decir que alguien sea favorito. España no lo ha hecho y apuesto por ella”. Santillana ya adivinó el Gordo de Navidad de 2004 y su próximo proyecto es apagar las 22.000 bombillas de la Torre Eiffel.]

(www.elmundodeportivo.es)

NOTE: It seems like the England team wears either red or white, or both.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

What Implosion said. Australia? Well if this was the Cricket or Rugby World Cup id agree with you. FIFA World Cup? Nope ....... it aint going to happen.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
well..first game done and a one nil victory to the red and white...HUZZAH!!!

very un convincing performance from the english though, hope its just first game nerves...

next match..bring on the pain!!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I thought there was already a thread about this topic...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join