It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most unfortunate human condition. True reason relationships fail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
How old are you?

How often do you have to "defrag" your computer?

Isn't your brain a computer?

When's the last time you "defragged" your brain?

We tend to compartmentalize what our senses tell us, what our experiences are.

We learn through the "law of association". For instance your kindergarden teacher did not begin to teach you math by introducing you to algebra. No, first you had to learn how to count. In order to understand more advanced maths, first you needed the buildingblocks of accepted truths so the more complicated stuff could latch on to pre-existing truths that supported the new information.

But, what was the first pre-existing truth that one's personality, ones character begins the neuro-net. What was the first known truth in which all other knowledge grows from to form you the self, the observer?

Instinct perhaps?

And what is our instinct?

Self Preservation. Self Preserve.

Self-Pre-Serve

Self = Me Me Me
Pre = Before
Serve = To aid, assist, help, teach, communicate, etc.

This instinct coupled with what an infant endures at birth introduces FEAR. Which at a young age becomes an automatic response, and later a subconscious one. What i mean by that is fear actually becomes a subconscious thing, and we people all to often are not even aware of our fears consciously.

I see a little doubt in your brain about now, so in order not to lose your attention, and also prove to you that you may not be consciously aware of your own fears ........ I'll prove it to you.

Hmmm......

What is the opposite of Love?

What is the opposite of LOVE?

Hate?

But, how could you honestly say your "Hate" is justified, without first fealing the fear that that which you "Hate", has already, or has the potential to take something you love away from you? You hate because you fear losing something you love. So, could fear be the opposite of love?

We see in many cartoons/TV shows/movies, etc, how we have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. It represents how we choose to observe, experience, and judge our environment and experiences. But what do they really represent?

The Devil: I believe the devil instinctually causes us to look at an object or experience and ask ourselves: "What can this do for me? How can this benefit me and the people and things i love?" But it also represents hate, evil, and selfishness. So if one emotion were to be assigned to the "devil" aspect it would probably be "Hate".

The Angel: I believe the angel is always serving us and our interests. Protecting us. And, it also is the little voice of reason which causes us to ask ourselves when encountering new objects and experiences "How could this hurt me and the people and things i love? What danger is there? Can this deminish me or anything i love?" I don't necessarilly believe that the angel is always good. It is constantly causing you to consider the ramifications, and consequences. It is introducing FEAR. So, i think the overall emotion one could assign to the angel is possibly fear.

We tend to go through life observing, judging, and compartmentilizing our general impressions of our first 2 main voices, hate and fear. All together forgetting we could brush both off our shoulders, and decide to think with the head that is between the two.

Fear. Fear introduced Hate deep within our psychi.

All steming from the natural reaction humans took as a response to the genetic side effects of thinking with a mind bound by every cell saying "I am self preserve".

Hence: The Unfortunate human condition, and provider of the opposite of Love: Fear.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

And, it also is the little voice of reason which causes us to ask ourselves when encountering new objects and experiences "How could this hurt me and the people and things i love? What danger is there? Can this deminish me or anything i love?" I don't necessarilly believe that the angel is always good. It is constantly causing you to consider the ramifications, and consequences. It is introducing FEAR.

Is this to say that the human ability to Reason is brought about by fear? That being afraid of possible consequences has allowed our brains the capability to extrapolate

While I do not necessarily disagree with your words, I do not think that they are always inherently true. (Laws of any sort should be left malleable... and while we do have an animal/instinctual brain, we also have Reason..)
Yes, I was afraid of many things and still am. However, Reason allows me to see past that fear.. I'm terrified of heights, but if someone I love is about to fall, I will do my darnest to grab them -- no matter that every atom in my body is screaming at me to let them fall, and wholly not considering that I, myself, may fall. Is this, then, a reason against loving someone/thing?

Is your argument to prove that relationships fail because of some latent or innert fear? How does your title relate to your argument, or vice versa?

P.S. I don't have to defrag my computer.. it's a mac.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I don't understand a thing you just posted, anyway i'm not interested in humans

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The most unfortunate human condition is loneliness and the reason relationships fail is because you're lonely even though you're with the one you love.

Anyway, thats my observation.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The most unfortunate human condition is loneliness and the reason relationships fail is because you're lonely even though you're with the one you love.

For those who cannot come to terms with their lonliness, and seek someone else to 'fill the gap' or fix them.. yes.

And I've pushed people away because of it. 'If I feel alone, I'd rather be alone.'

I consider myself a loner (even have it tattoo'd on my arm), even tho I'm with someone. I'm alone when I close my eyes, I'm alone in my head.. No one else can enter that space. No one outside of me can fix me. I've accepted that. In fact, it strengthens me *because* I've learned that I cannot depend on someone else in that respect.

I depend on my love to give me love and respect.. not to fill the gap. That's my gap.. not his.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like to "trade-up". I can never resist an opportunity to do this wether it works out or not.

new topics

top topics

join