It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David copperfield owns a time travel machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i was watching tv an i just though to myself what happen to the " masked magician" so i type it in online a a found a funny article bout time travel,

magic.about.com...

A long kept secret, Copperfield owns a special machine that can stop time. Near the beginning of his career, he purchased the top secret device from an archeologist who discovered it at a dig in Peru. Seems some long-gone civilization had obtained the device from space aliens.

The archeologist was an amateur magician who, for years, used the time machine to switch a svengali deck for a one-way deck, greatly improving the climax of his svengali card routine.

The archeologist approached Copperfield with the machine and sold it for an undisclosed sum. We don’t know how much he got for it, but the archeologist is said to be living in the finest trailer park in Utah.

If you've seen Copperfield somehow vanish from one location and reappear in another, much of the time, he's using his time machine. (For the record, Copperfield can actually dematerialize and rematerialize his body. But the process is tiring and when he's doing lots of shows in a day, he relies on the time machine.)

When the curtain closed and obscured the statue from the audience, Copperfield simply pulled a switch, which stopped all time. With real time stopped and the audience and television cameras effectively frozen, a large barge with a giant crane was brought in.

The crane lifted the statue from its base and the barge moved out of sight. After 32 hours of relative time to move the statue, Copperfield pressed a button to resume real time, and the statue had seemingly disappeared. To bring the statue back, he simply reversed the process

[edit on 7-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Um no offense but the article in question is dated april 1st 2005.

And really if david copperfield had a time machine do you really think...oh forget it.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I thought he had everybody, cameras included, on a big rotating stage. While the curtain was drawn the stage rotated slowly around to a point where the audience was no longer facing the statue. But a time machine and giant crane and a time freezing mechanism sounds alot more feasible.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
That's hard to believe. I watched that show, and wasn't it live? I don't remember. If it was live would it worked on the people watching it from home? It may have worked on the cameras and the audience, but I don't think it would have worked on the people watching from home if it were a live show. Now maybe if it had been taped earlier, and shown later......It still sounds odd.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
One last time, check the bottom of the page it is signed Wayne and dated april 1, 2005 that's april fools day here in america (just in case you guys aren't from america) where practical jokes run rampant that's all that little time machine story is.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
lol i know he really doesnt have a time machine its just a funny article,this part of ats need the humor

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You have voted Spiderj for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Nice catch, Spiderj... That kind of heads up sensability around here saves us all time...

Edit: spelling

[edit on 7-6-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ur an didnt read my post right before u,also at the top of the article its labeled november 1

april 1 was just the time he quoted it

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
big deal, Chuck Norris still has superior round-house kicking skills and could easily beat David Copperfield in a fight even with a time machine.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
You have voted Spiderj for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Nice catch, Spiderj... That kind of heads up sensability around here saves us all time...

like i said if u you actually voted him for the award, then this forum REALLY needed the humor

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
ur an didnt read my post right before u,also at the top of the article its labeled november 1

april 1 was just the time he quoted it

You might wanna read that story again, DalairTheNotUsingHisHead, and think about what is being said, as if the date and the closing statement weren't enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
For the record, no one here is arguing the fact that Chuck Norris would still win in a fight over David Copperfield even if he does in fact possess a time machine.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Thanks True always nice to get a wat vote.

As for this dalair:

lol i know he really doesnt have a time machine its just a funny article,this part of ats need the humor

Hate to be a stickler, but knowingly posting false information on the board is a pretty big no no.

BTS is where the humor goes, ATS is where the debate happens. If you want to have fun do it in BTS if you want to post stuff you know is untrue then either actually do it on april 1st or control yourself.

You certainly gave no indication that you thought the story was false.

Spiderj

EDIT: and no low orbit I think we all know chuck is a bad mutha...he was lone wolf mcquaid...before become walker unfortunately. Also Octogon was pretty good.

[edit on 6/7/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You might wanna read that story again, DalairTheNotUsingHisHead, and think about what is being said, as if the date and the closing statement weren't enough.

meh, oh well,still kinda dumb u actually taking the article as anythine more than humor,

an i did give a hint i thought it was fake,

quotes self in first page

"i was watching tv an i just though to myself what happen to the " masked magician" so i type it in online a a found a funny article bout time travel"

[edit on 7-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
meh, oh well,still kinda dumb u actually taking the article as anythine more than humor,

If you really knew it was humorous, then why did you post it on ATS then?
I think you didn't know it, and actually believed the story. If your original post before your editing would have not come off like you really believed it, then I don't think Spiderj would have pointed out the April Fools Day date to debunk the story, now would he?

Edit: clean up quote

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Everybody knows he has a time machine otherwise Dickens wouldn't have been able to write a book about him in the 1800's - would he............... Durrrrrr

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
no i didnt believe it from the start, i edited the title which was originaly Funny thing About time travel, who can do it

but that saounded crappy so i edited to david copperfield

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
c'mon guys lighten up on pour DtheG , he was just trying to have a little fun. Although you should have put it BTS, it would have saved you some grief.
And since no one els will I will say it,
Copperfield would take down norris in no time if he had a time machine

peace
Mr Mx

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
c'mon guys lighten up on pour DtheG , he was just trying to have a little fun. Although you should have put it BTS, it would have saved you some grief.
And since no one els will I will say it,
Copperfield would take down in no time if he had a time machine

peace
Mr Mx

at least some one here has some humor

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Now I don't want to start a whole new thing again, but I usually am very diligent with my post reading and I could swear that the word "funny" wasn't in your original post.

I also don't think the second two posters who replied to your thread would have taken it as seriously had the word funny been in there.

I'm always willing to be proven wrong and admit when I am, but I'll be darned if that word was in the original post.

Just saying.

SPiderj

top topics

<<   2 >>

join