It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I was just talking to my father-in-law and he asked me if I had heard of the UFOs that supposedly take off and land underwater on the California coast. I was curious to see if anyone had any insight into this.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Here is an article on USO's (Unidentified Submerged Objects). There are no cases of sightings off of the US west coast (listed in this article), so it would be interesting to read about some. It is apparently a world-wide phenomenon...

tinwiki.org...

[edit on 6-7-2006 by William One Sac]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I cannot say i have heard of UFO's taking off and land underwater on the California coast. Buy i did read about the "Shag Harbour incident " in the book:

Dark Object: The World's Only Government-Documented UFO Crash

In which a witness reported seeing a yellow light slowly moving in the water leaving a yellowish foam on the suface. Some kids also reported seeing the UFO crashed into the water.

More info on the Shag Harbour incident

[edit on 7-6-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
During World War Two, off the coast of California there was an event involving UFO’s. I saw it on the history channel a few months ago. Anyways some thing was in the California are space, and our troops where shooting at it for hours. Supposedly what they where shooting at was technology that was far more advanced then ours. Soldiers said they could not damage the aircraft, and the bullets just bounced off of it like they had protective shields on them. To me this is one of the biggest UFO cases of all time, that no one has researched well enough. The government had no explanation for this event, they did not shoot down one single aircraft that day, and they had bullet shells all over the California area. It lasted all night long this incident, and it really is remarkable. I love the History Channel and Discovery Channel now, because they always have the UFO/Antichrist/Etc shows on, out of the two I think the History Channel has better ones.

For the USO incident, the History Channel had a whole show on it for an hour. Supposedly when Columbus was discovering the new world, a USO was following him, and he actually kept a log describing it, really freaky. Got to the history channel web site, and search for the programs and it will come up with a time they are playing it next.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have always thought that if any part of the world could have produced another advanced civilization it is the ocean.

Think about this the oceans cover 70%+ of the worlds surface and is largely unexplored it also contains more life then land. It is possible that over the earths history that a highly advanced civilization that dwarfs our own has existed for quite some time.

I know it is a long shot and there is currently no proof of this but the oceans have had life a lot longer then the land has. Perhaps a species of highly advanced and intellegent creatures perhaps more advanced then us has existed for millions of years. Look at sharks they survived the great extinction that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Dolphins have recently been discovered to understand basic math skills adding and subtracting. Though not as intellegent as ourselves they are quite smart and do have social structure. Perhaps they will eventually evolve into a very intellegent species over hundreds of thousands of years as we have.

The way I see it is if some species in the ocean developed before humans did and developed technology that surpasses ours it could explain ocean UFO's and other phenomenon. It is also reasonable to assume that they would be well aware of our developments and can remain hidden from our primative technologies.

I am not sure of whatthe chances of such a species existing is but we know:

A: Life in the ocean predates life on land.

b: Oceans are largely unexplored

c: UFO ocean activity why are they attracted to water in some cases

d: Marine life was not effected as bad during the great extinction faced on land

e: marine life has had more time to evolve then land life has

f: Life in the ocean is far more diverse then we could ever imagine

I do not claim intellegent species at least as intellegent as humanity in the oceans as fact but I think it is plausable and should be explored. If we discovered such a species it would shatter current conceptions of life on our own planet.

It also begs the question as to whether or not we should make contact if we are aware of them then surely they are aware of us. Would they consider us hostiles and to avoid war would they infact hide from us out of fear or should we consider them a possible threat. Especially if they are superior to humanity technologically and or physically.

To many variables and if evidence of such a race is found I do not think it should be taken lightly. Perhaps Ocean UFO's are not alien but native to Earth's oceans.

Just a theory I have thought of for a while now. Perhaps the possibility should be explored.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow very interesting link WOS.

I'd like to hear more about this too, anyone else got more links?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.waterufo.net

A BOATLOAD of USO info

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
its called "The Abyss" ..and it was good..the underwater alien butterfly things threatened to wipe out the human race with huge tsunami's cuz they thought we were an evil, war mongering, aggressive organism.. ed harris saves the day though..

definitely a kool concept and quite possible there is plenty of life in the oceans we havent discovered..but not sure how much life can be sustained deep in the oceans where the pressure is so strong under all that water..maybe some big ass blind fish

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This site should contain more than enough information on W. coast sightings, be prepared to spend some time here
waterufo.net

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
heres a link u guys might find interesting ....

www.fatemag.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Great thread about this subject here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

join