It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: CIA prisons, rendition flights involve 'web' of nations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A CIA backed network of landing strips and detention centers through many countries in Europe. Its being called a web of nations, and the graphic that is on the page with the story, does look to be quite invalved.

jurist.law.pitt.edu

[JURIST] Fourteen European countries collaborated with the US Central Intelligence Agency by taking an active or passive role in a "global spider's web" of secret prisons and rendition flights, Swiss legislator Dick Marty said Wednesday in a report [PDF text] from the Legal Affairs Committee of the Council of Europe [official website], as part of the CoE's investigation into alleged secret detention centers [CoE materials] and illegal rendition flights [JURIST news archive] operated by the CIA in Europe. In the report, Marty concludes

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This sounds to me to be another artical about the CIA kidnaping people all around europe and detaining them at secret locations. The countries invalved are of corse denying any wrong doing. I guess this might come down to is, might this be fighting the war on terror, or not?

Related News Links:
assembly.coe.int
www.coe.int
assembly.coe.int
www.coe.int

[edit on 9-6-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The silence is deafening, where are the detractors? I urge anyone in favor of such practices to consider the reverse: foreign agents taking people off the streets in the USA - i can hear the wardrums going into overdrive

Double standards, gotta love them.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well you are right Long Lance. I would say that is a double standard.
Just to try to make a guess as to why its hapening, I might saly that the countries where it is hapening probably agee with the reasons why its being done.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Well you are right Long Lance. I would say that is a double standard.
Just to try to make a guess as to why its hapening, I might saly that the countries where it is hapening probably agee with the reasons why its being done.

These countries would do anything DC orders them to do, see data 'exchange', EU gives citizen's data to the US, gets nothing in return. there are only two kinds of countries..

The souvereign ones and the colonies.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I still say that this is the reason Pam Willeford, the [then] US Ambassador to Switzerland, was on the quail hunt with Dick Cheney when he shot his friend Wittington in the face in February down on the dude ranch.

Marty'd been asking questions and she had to get the answers from the boss?

CHENEY SHOOTING: The Third Hunter Was U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland

Looks like Pam's tour of duty and her dirty work is done:

Ambassador Pamela Pitzer Willeford departed Bern on May 6, 2006, after completing her tour as Ambassador of the United States to Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein. The Deputy Chief of Mission, Carol J. Urban, will serve as Chargé d'affaires a.i. until the arrival of a new Ambassador

source

Yes, the Swiss have been asking questions and I'm glad to see they're still on it.

Switzerland pressures US ambassador over CIA flights
Dec 17 3:58 PM US/Eastern

[edit on 10-6-2006 by psyopswatcher]

top topics

join