It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Wondering about Mormons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
All those who are wanting to know things about Mormons, confused about them, wanting to know about them, want to know if this is true or what they believe, write me: [email protected]
i'm a member of the church so, i read some rediculous and retarded posts on here..., if you want the truth, than just ask ok? we're like any other religion, any other group. We have our beliefs and you have yours. I'm not to judge another because I hate stereotyping, i hate people who think that they have all the power in the universe.
so if you're wondering what mormons do or why they got a temple or why they wear garments or why they dont drink, ask me. i know.

-- ms. raskova

[edit on 7-6-2006 by ldsmember2002]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hello friend, welcome to ATS.

For future reference we have a Faith, Spirituality & Theology forum that would be perfect for these types of threads.

Have fun and again welcome....

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS my friend. I hope your stay here is as enlightening and memorable as mine has been.

Considering I'm a spiritual anarchist I really can't relate to the LDS path, but I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge on it.

Good luck and may you find and share much wisdom here.

wupy

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the television series "Big Love" on HBO? It's about a family practicing Polygamy. It's actually one of my favorite shows now. The season ended last week, but I'm sure they'll be playing re-runs in the future, if not already.

Anyway, if you have seen this program, does it portray an accurate picture of polygamy. And what are the statistics on those of the LDS faith who practice polygamy vs. those who don't? What is the church's official view on polygamy? And are there really polygamist compounds like the one controlled by "The Prophet- Roman Grant", a character on the show?

Thanks to anyone who can answer these questions! And thanks to the original poster for your willingness to expand our knowledge of your religion!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Years and years ago a friend of mine and myself decided to start going to church. We found a local church and got up the next Sunday and went. They tried to convince us that although they believe the Bible, they had another book they read instead, and so should we. The book of Mormons...it was then my friend and I decide not to go back. Red flags went up when they wanted to replace our Holy Bible with TBoM. I don't remember all the details but I do remember that a lot of the stuff they were teaching and the things we read in their book was way-off from the things I was tought as a kid in our Christian church.

-Quin

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Has anyone seen the television series "Big Love" on HBO? It's about a family practicing Polygamy. It's actually one of my favorite shows now. The season ended last week, but I'm sure they'll be playing re-runs in the future, if not already.

Anyway, if you have seen this program, does it portray an accurate picture of polygamy. And what are the statistics on those of the LDS faith who practice polygamy vs. those who don't? What is the church's official view on polygamy? And are there really polygamist compounds like the one controlled by "The Prophet- Roman Grant", a character on the show?

ahem. I'll answer this one.

That TV show does not portray the LDS church. The LDS church does not condone nor practice polygamy. This is a fundamentalist group that is a splinter faction from the true LDS church.

top topics

join