It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't any beautiful women into UFO's? Are aliens prejudiced against hot girls?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Hot Chicks should have UFO encounters just as frequently as ugly girls"

Well, this is a rather 'odd' topic >_<
I don't think Aliens care about appearance, I don't know why they should either.
May I add that this thread is quite offensive?

[edit on 11-6-2006 by LightsOfHeaven]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
but let's not forget that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Aesthetics are part of life. It's a tongue in cheek thread and I doubt it's meant to imply anything deeply , darkly, malicious in intent.

I think the OP was alluding to the fact that the Pamela Andersons (is she really that hot?) aren't your usual UFO buffs...

I agree that most women, tend to gravitate towards the fluffier (no offence) forms of paranormal...tarot, runes, Wicca...

Hotness is a matter of attitude as an aside...I've seen women who most wouldn't consider beautiful, walk into a room and command it and work it better than a Price is Right chick. Presentation is only a small part of the package, but it IS part of it and can't be ignored.

I always laugh at myself...if it wasn't so weird I'd be at every damn comic book, UFO and Star Trek Convention out there!

Most people with some maturity aren't bothered by aesthetics so much anyway...you learn to get comfy in your own skin, your personality and attitude stay with you for life...looks don't. I thought it was a fun topic actually...and it is funny to examine the sterotypes of people interested in this stuff...

Who cares who's fat or not - ugly or not - real or silicone...it all matter's for nothing if you're comfortable in yourself and with yourself. IMO

[edit on 6/11/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I still wonder why.

This thread hasn't been moved to BTS.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
I still wonder why.

This thread hasn't been moved to BTS.

Not that my vote counts but that sounds good to me, I'd love to make some incredibly useless and immature statements that can't be made in ats and I know I'm not the only emotional cripple who is biting his or her tongue while this remains in ats.

I think if it were moved to bts we'd see a much more interesting and heated debate...or it could kill it completely, either way I say give it a shot.

Spider

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.
All I can say is beauty is in the eye of the beholder and hotornot.com... ... see, who really is a 10? who really is a 6.5? you decide...
And I'm considered "hot", "beautiful" and I've always been into science, math, computers, and the alien phenomenon...
And I've always been attracted to "nerdy" guys...
and other guys too...personality is really important... :-)

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
but let's not forget that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Aesthetics are part of life. It's a tongue in cheek thread and I doubt it's meant to imply anything deeply , darkly, malicious in intent.

I think the OP was alluding to the fact that the Pamela Andersons (is she really that hot?) aren't your usual UFO buffs...

I agree that most women, tend to gravitate towards the fluffier (no offence) forms of paranormal...tarot, runes, Wicca...

Hotness is a matter of attitude as an aside...I've seen women who most wouldn't consider beautiful, walk into a room and command it and work it better than a Price is Right chick. Presentation is only a small part of the package, but it IS part of it and can't be ignored.

I always laugh at myself...if it wasn't so weird I'd be at every damn comic book, UFO and Star Trek Convention out there!

Most people with some maturity aren't bothered by aesthetics so much anyway...you learn to get comfy in your own skin, your personality and attitude stay with you for life...looks don't. I thought it was a fun topic actually...and it is funny to examine the sterotypes of people interested in this stuff...

Who cares who's fat or not - ugly or not - real or silicone...it all matter's for nothing if you're comfortable in yourself and with yourself. IMO

[edit on 6/11/2006 by justgeneric]

Very well typed! you should get a price for it xD

Astarfaraway: I've never liked those websites, because it's wrong to rate people.

[edit on 12-6-2006 by LightsOfHeaven]

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

by LightsOfHeaven Astarfaraway: I've never liked those websites, because it's wrong to rate people.

I can't believe such a website even exists! My son just told me about it a few days ago.

And part of my point was that rating or labeling is "wrong" or ridiculous, since someone's 10 may be someone else's 6.5, or someone's 6.5 may be someone else's 10. You see? Simple human nature.
But unfortunately, all of us do rate, whether it is personality, looks, age, gender, relations (do we prefer hanging out with our cousins or other relatives or with co-workers or classmates?) and so on...

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well tah Dahling!

I'll take that in 20's and 50's if'n you don't mind

I worry that sometimes there is a certain "snobbery" that comes out in some threads.

Not that the UFO/alien phenom is not a serious topic - it most definitely is - but sometimes when reading ATS and poking around the silly threads (hoaxes aside) I see what reminds me a lot of why I turned away from organzed religion. A sort of mean spirited defiance of anything not considered to be valid, pertinent or interesting by some. A cram it down your throat approach will tarnish the UFO investigations as badly as any hoax will...

Never forget to enjoy the passions you share here...go ahead and be serious, but lets not forget to laugh

Personally I didn't find the OPs question worthy of such a bashing. Sue me. Like no one here didn't ever think up a rather silly question relative to UFOs and ET but then, for fear of being flamed, refrain from asking?

And as for aesthetics and alien preference in abductees? Perhaps his wording is what sparked the ire?

So...is there any correlation at all between aesthetics and abductions...aesthetics as determined by humans, typically alludes to health, success, strength and so on. Is it so wrong to question whether ET (assuming they are a social species) might conclude similarly?

And on the topic of aesthetics - genes carry on through humans and we are "attracted" by physical indicators, chemicals, body types, and patterns...

Why OH why couldn't ET function on the same shallow level?

Do all ET's look identicle? Are there absolutely no physical characteristics between the sexes or, further, between individuals? If there aren't then aesthetics likely plays no role. If there are...then Hello...we have a valid question of aesthetics.

More in defence of this- I have Asian friends...it seems that Asian's more so than not find caucasian noses to be massive and incredibly ugly.

Different race of people - different characteristics - different cultures -

So tell me how you are so absolutely certain that ET doesn't contemplate whether humans are aesthetically pleasing or not? Because they are so advanced they are exempt from generalizing? Exempt from shallowness? Exempt from emotions?

There are some really interesting points that came out of this thread - so clearly it wasn't a total waste. Some fun was had. Minor debates about stereotypes...speculation on ETs standpoint...input from us hot chicks who ARE into UFOs...

UFOlogy isn't damaged by people asking amusing questions. UFOlogy is damaged by hoaxes, misinformations, and inflexibility.

I'd really hate to see the UFO/alien investigations become so stuffy, controlled and contained that there was no room for childlike wonder, a bit of fun, and some play with ideas that might not fit into a recognizable category. Great ideas are generated by people who truly love and enjoy what they do.

Have fun, and remember there are no stupid questions - at least that's what all my teachers, parents, professors, bosses etc etc etc say...

I'm done...sorry for the longwinded opinion...been on my mind lately while perusing ATS threads in this section.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
justgeneric:

Well, silly questions are still regular questions and no one should be scared of being flamed. It's always better to get an answer =)

You have some points there,
ET might be on the same shallow level after all. Well we don't have any 'decent' information about them, yet they shouldn't look very similar to each other.

"So tell me how you are so absolutely certain that ET doesn't contemplate whether humans are aesthetically pleasing or not?"

I just get the image about them that they don't care about appearance, haven't thought about it too much but that's what comes to my mind >_<

"Have fun, and remember there are no stupid questions - at least that's what all my teachers, parents, professors, bosses etc etc etc say... "

Then we might have had same teachers,parents, professors etc xP
because I remember the words "there are no stupid questions"

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Check out Tetraspace...hot hottie (its the chick, not the douche in the outfit).

So, there you go.

-O

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I like UFOs.

I wouldn’t call myself hot……. just inoffensive. Also I have freckles.

edit:Link removed.
Does the link work?
I wont be leaving my photo up very long.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Marclar]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar
I like UFOs.

I wouldn’t call myself hot……. just inoffensive. Also I have freckles.

i111.photobucket.com...
Does the link work?
I wont be leaving my photo up very long.

Yes, the link works and you quailify as attractive.

Yay!

BTW, there are some other "attractive" women on the thread I posted, so ForestOfForsaken needs to peruse that as well.

-O

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I felt too nervous leaving my photo up. It made me very uneasy.

I prefer to be faceless. I’m not a people person, I have hardly left my house in over a year.

EDIT:That sentence sounds really bad.

Let me clarify so you don’t misinterpret what I said:
Due to many confrontations I am not a people person, so I’ve been avoiding people lately. kinda like a break.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Marclar]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Back on subject.

I think prettier people are so preoccupied with human interaction they don’t have time to use their brain.

It takes a lot of time to study about science, UFOs and things like that. In fact, it probably never crosses their mind besides the times when they watch sci-fi eating bon bon’s.
Go ahead and walk up to a “popular” person and ask a simple question about physics, jet propulsion, biology or science and see what they say. Probably not much except for how “cool” or “gross” dissecting a frog was.
Am I far off?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar
I think prettier people are so preoccupied with human interaction they don’t have time to use their brain....Go ahead and walk up to a “popular” person and ask a simple question about physics, jet propulsion, biology or science and see what they say...Am I far off?

Are you far off? If this is the movies or television, no. If this is reality, yes.

I consider myself attractive. I was also moderately "popular" growing up. I was also an honor student and most of the "popular" kids were also in the honor courses with me.

Of course, I also went to art college (SCAD) and hung out with many of the kids who weren't "popular" growing up. Most didn't care, but the ones who continued do dwindle on it didn't come across as someone who got the shaft growing up, they came across as bitter.

Maybe I was lucky, I dunno...but I'm a people person who can also hang with the "12 sided die" crew when need be. I think most people are like me.

Don't confuse talking in the virutal world with talking in the real world. While I understand that people may have been hurt in real life, you can't shut yourself in. Its not healthy, and it will make succeding in life difficult.

-O

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well, I may not be beautiful, but I am "into" UFOs. All of us blondes aren't airheads either. I intend to make a few UFO conferences this year. Oh, I didn't notice this post was so old. Maybe I am an airhead.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrylynn
Well, I may not be beautiful, but I am "into" UFOs. All of us blondes aren't airheads either. I intend to make a few UFO conferences this year. Oh, I didn't notice this post was so old. Maybe I am an airhead.

Hey Terry-
How YOU doin?

Sorry, I had to.

~J

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
AgentViolet is a fine lady too and she is well informed and a good member of ATS. Man, she is GORGEOUS!
I'd feed her grapes and blow her air with a palm. Beautiful girl indeed.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Should ask Dave Rabbit or Johnny Anonymous, I seem to renember one of then 'fanciing' John Lears daughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join