It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why aren't any beautiful women into UFO's? Are aliens prejudiced against hot girls?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can't believe I am reading this lol.

I know plenty of gorgeous girls who love UFO's and aliens etc

I personally love it all - No i'm not saying I am beautiful lol I'm just saying

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
OK... I am willing to make a sacrifice.
Does anyone know Mariah Carey's Email address?
I am willing to camp out at the foot of Miss Carey's bed and keep a watchful eye out for any kind of prob.... ummm... activity. Of course I will report back here with the evidence and a black eye!
Worse case scenario at least I can report that aliens aren't into hot girls!

Just doing my job Ma'am!

Watch out.!!... here comes the wife.....

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Well stereotypes tell us the blonde attractive girls are often 'air heads', perhaps they don't have the mental capabilities to remember getting 'probed'.. many may be too used to it

I felt a blonde joke coming on, but then supressed it. I have spoken with a few very hot women who were into UFO's. Of course, none were blonde.

I truly expect the other side of the argument to be presented soon. (Why are there no hot men into UFO's).

I suspect the answer is simple. UFO believers are still a bit taboo in social circles. You don't see a party at the Hamptons where the topic of discussion is UFO's. Material possessions and what to wear trump the UFO every time.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You are missing the point. The true insight does not come from the hot/not-hot axis. It comes from the axis of celebrity. As our civilization slowly devolved into a contest for who can 'accidentally' release their sex-tape first, and then follow it up with TV specials, tabloid interviews and a music album, the real question is:

Why aren't more reality television stars being abducted from the Big Brother house?

This is the real question. That house has cameras on it 24/7.

I suggest we have a new show called Abductee House, where all the guests are abductees and stay under camera surveilance 24/7.

The 'hot' 'not-hot' argument is just a distraction from the out there truth.

Let the magic of celebrity worship enlighten us all.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Besides the fact that Aliens could likely care more about genetics then outwards appearances.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" even among humans the definition of beauty varies a great deal.

picture

You mignt not find this ^ attractive but theres men out there that wouldn't marry a women without a long neck like that.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
picture
You mignt not find this ^ attractive but theres men out there that wouldn't marry a women without a long neck like that.

Assuming that is a woman and not a baby giraffe. You are correct, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife is amused that I believe in UFO's, but is more skeptical than I am. I consider her beautiful and I wish they would abduct her so I can say "I told you so". (I just want to mention that I want them to bring her back!)

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Honestly, I think there are plenty of good looking women that are interested in UFO's.
Just not that many of them. But more and more as I write. Now that I really think about it alot of women are getting involved in all sorts of things. Its nice to see things balance out.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Probably the reason hot chicks dont go to UFO conferences is because all the guys are fat, geeky 40 year old virgins who still live with their mothers in trailer parks, and quite often post stupid threads on here complaining about no hot chicks at the local geek convention.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Use your head. The simple reason hot chicks are not into UFOs or the people (mostly guys) who are into UFOs is because there is no money in it.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No no, you peopl are all wrong!

The Hot chicks ARE the aliens. Haven't you figured that out yet? DUH!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Not attempting to toot my own horn and say that I am hot, but i'm certainly not ugly. I witnessed a UFO once which is what brought me to this forum. I'm not saying aliens were flying it, but it was certainly an unidentified flying object. I probably wouldn't attend a UFO conference because of it though. You know how 'hot' girls are, they have better things to do like shopping. Just kidding.

Edited to add: I'm blonde!

[edit on 8-6-2006 by zenlover28]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
and I love aliens. I love science-fiction, and all its entrapments: SG1, ST:TNG, The X-Files, Farscape, DS9, Buffy, etc...

I have watched every episode of The Highlander.

I'm even a bartender at a popular college bar in Chicago--so I can't be that bad to look at. I have been told the following:

"You are lucky you are pretty. You are such a nerd no one would ever talk to you if you weren't attractive." My good friend Ray, 2005.

You guys just aren't looking hard enough.

Live long and prosper guys!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Zenlover,

I also am not trying to convey that i am hot. I was hot in my 20's, now i am luke warm

I've always been interested in UFO's-
Its not just something you go around talking to people at the vegetable section of your local supermarket.

Never been abducted, though.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You know what they call an ugly female on Zeta Reticuli?

A greyhound.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You are such a nerd no one would ever talk to you if you weren't attractive."

I hear ya Mandy, if I had a dollar for every time a someone said that to me I'd have...well I'd be broke actually or I'd owe money not quite sure how that works.

And I'll be the first to say it, if you've seen every episode of highlander well that's just sexy. Every episode of Highlander: The Raven, not sexy.

Me referencing Highlander: The Raven, very not sexy.

But call me.

I myself am not sexy but I'm totally loaded. And by that of course do not mean I am wealthy, I've just been drinking heavily since Tuesday.

Just kidding, I'm dead sexy.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
In response to the original question,

It's because most beautiful women have to spend so much time working on their looks, and digging for gold and partying all the time, and raising all the children, that they don't take the time to experience the incredible realities of spiritual powers and amazing things like the new growing era of contact with ETs, with someone they love.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They're out there, but they all live in Iowa...thus, if you're not in Iowa, you're SOL.

Actually, its just like saying "why aren't thier hot chicks in band?" While I'm sure there are some here and there, they tend to just look like the guys in band, ugly.

Most people grow up and actually look at least moderatly attractive.

Sometimes though, you just have to hide the fact your into this stuff to get the really smoking chicks.

My girl is pretty hot, been with her for six years, and she just LOVES Star Trek the Next Generation. She also watches Battlestar Galatica and she says she reads Carl Sagan, but I haven't actually witnessed this. Then again, I stood with her at Publix at midnight to get the last Harry Potter book, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

At any rate, back to my point...they're just rare. Fortunatly, I was lucky enough to find one, although I wouldn't say she's a big time sci-fi person, she can hang as long as I don't have any completely douche bag guys hanging around.

-O

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
CRAP THREAD

Ugly is just an personal opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just had a thought. Maybe I am way off but here is my theory. I beleive that the beautiful are not abducted due to a few reasons.

1.) Beauty these days is often a result of surgical means or injection of toxic substances under the skin or drugs in some cases. Now if your an alien who wants pure genetic material, you would not want to take it from someone that had be altered in these ways.

2.) People with a high beauty that are not altered, generally have very resiliant genes. Or at least "good genetics" Now if your an alien race who is using the gentic material you want it to be easy to work with and modify, so would it not be easier to take genetic material from the less "perfect" genes as it would be easier to modify and work with.

Now this is just theory, nothing more. But tell me what ya think.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
My answer to this question will be in a couple of parts.

First and foremost, there's really not that many people that are into the idea of doing real research into the existence of aliens, regardless of appearance. Most people have a passing attraction to alien stories, if any interest at all. That said, there's not that big a group to choose from, for starters.

Second, within the group that does actively research the existence of aliens, most of that group is male. There's a fair number of females, but largely it's a mostly male group. That makes the group of women to draw from when asking about attractive women who are into UFOs even smaller.

Thirdly, logically speaking, an alien life form, having evolved differently from us (even if under similar planetary conditions) will have a different appearance. We've all seen supposed photographs of aliens. Is there really any one of us here that can judge them as attractive or unattractive, based on our ingrained human basis for beauty? Logically speaking, the aliens must look at us in much the same way. We think "All those aliens look alike." Any alien race investigating us probably thinks, "Those humans all look alike," as they have no natural basis to judge beauty among humans, therefore, assuming some of the abduction cases are true, the selection process used by the aliens likely has more to do with genetics and physical stature (meaning the physical health of the subject) of an abductee, rather than beauty.

Finally, just go to a sci-fi convention sometime. Most of the people that attend such a convention are VERY into UFOs and aliens. Having been to many in my time, I can safely say that there's no shortage of attractive women who love UFOs and aliens there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join