It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Specter's letter to Vice President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
source

Well now, seems Arlen Specter has some concerns with this present administration. Thank goodness it is available for all of us to view. Here is a 3 page letter sent to the Vice President today.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'll admit it, I'm old enough (just barely!) to have flashbacks to the old days of the Watergate scandal upon reading Sen. Specter's letter.

But this seems far more scarey!

At least with Watergate, all you had was a group of partisan "players" who got caught on the wrong side of the law, and then tried to cover their collective tushes.

Sen. Specter's letter hints of a concerted, meglomaniacal power-grab by an Administration wontonly willing to sacrifice the very Constitution of the United States to secure its desires. That he is making these charges against the very leaders of his own Party! speaks almost Apocalyptically to the seriousness of the threat he perceives. That the good Senator would make his objections non sub rosa, as it were, harkens to the very immediacy of that threat.

A small point of confusion, though: Senator Spector referes at least twice in his letter to illegal "wiretaps". Although I'm sure this was scribbed as nothing more than colloquial "short-hand" for a more technical (and possibly, classified?) procedure; it is a characterization which many on this board, at least!, will dispute in an effort to discredit and diminish the importance the Senator's observations.

Still, it is hard, and possibly foolish, to view this release as anything but one more sign that "Things Are Seriously Wrong In The Heavens".

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
source

Well now, seems Arlen Specter has some concerns with this present administration. Thank goodness it is available for all of us to view. Here is a 3 page letter sent to the Vice President today.

I cannot believe that there has been only one response to this important post!

Valkeryie, please submit this as a news item to ATSNN, it is being covered by CNN and the other news outlets.

The text and context of Sentator Specter's letter is just too important to the state and future conduct of the US government to allow this moment to be lost to history.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks Bhadhidar.

But since it only got a reponse from you, seems like no one else, especially Americans don't really care. Or maybe they were struck silent. This is a senior senator that has expressed his concerns about what is going on in his own administration. Don't know how many red flags are needed.

Maybe he is becoming the Mr. Smith in my other piece. One can only hope. But I fear it is too late.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Alot of people think that Arlen Specter is less than credible. Arlen Specter is the one that led the Warren Commission investigation on the JFK assassination. He is the one that tried to sell the public that there was a single "magic bullet" that killed Kennedy, then struck Connally after making "magical" turns in midair.

mcadams.posc.mu.edu...

Specter always has believed that the citizens are idiots that will believe anything he says. I personally am not a big fan of his, and frankly don't believe alot of what he says.

new topics

top topics

join