It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do most straight people hate gays

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't think 'most' people hate gays.
I think 'most' people don't care one way or the other
what others do in the privacy of their own bedroom.

It's the 'in your face' groups like ActUp etc. that
annoy people. No one wants to take their school
aged children to Disney World just to see two people
(OF ANY SEX) copulating.

Disney claims it doesn't happen on their property,
but it does. Google up disney gay day photos and
you'll see. I don't want to see gay OR STRAIGHT
people doing those things in public.

That's the only type of thing that annoys people.
Honestly, I think most people just dont' care what
sexual orientation others are as long as they keep
their sexual antics in their own homes.

[edit on 6/10/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have nothing against those with a different sexual preference. Although i have to say that overly effeminate men do irritate me intensely. I can explain why, i just find them annoying.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not that all gay men are effeminate.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One thing I do hate is homosexuals that flaunt theyre homosexuality.

For example. "Oh yeah, I'm gay! Hey everybody, I'm gay! I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it!"

No straight guy goes around proclaiming "EVERYBODY! I'm straight, get used to it!"

We dont have parades and run around proclaiming our sexuality.

It seems like its just for shock value, and its annoying.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be rude but I have heard straight guys on the street yelling stuff about women and their anatomy. To me that would be the same as a flamboyant gay man going down the street yelling he is gay.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Another straight person who doesn't hate or even remotely dislike gay people.

And I just wanted to add that straight men do flaunt their sexuality. So do straight women. They may not do it in exactly the same way gay people do, but oh, yeah. They flaunt it.

I love gay men. I think most of them are adorable. Interestingly, my husband has a lot of lesbian friends. Strange how that works

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm a very faithfull mormon...and I am only against the Sin...not the Sinner....In my churche we condone ...Alcohol...My brother who is catholic...is a pretty heavy drinker...And I don't hate him for it.

Gay people...are actuallly some of the funniest and funnest people to be around with.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's the 'in your face' groups like ActUp etc. that
annoy people. No one wants to take their school
aged children to Disney World just to see two people
(OF ANY SEX) copulating.

I dont hate any group, I do feel strongly about the above post though. Please keep it to yourself and away from my children and grandchildren.

CARTARA you made a statement in another thread that the thought of having relations with men makes you want to hurl. That is not a very nice thing to say. There are way too many people anyway so I guess being Gay may help cut down on the population?

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I guess LoneGunMan you did not understand what I meant it was not suppose to be rude or hateful, but you seem to be very closed minded, so that is ok

[edit on 10-6-2006 by CORTARA]

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think a better question is 'why do retards assume they can speak for the masses'

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Census
I think a better question is 'why do retards assume they can speak for the masses'

LMFOA!!!!!

I guess the reason for that is because we vote them into office!!

On the subject of people flaunting thier sexuality, has anyone seen the 'south park is gay' episode regarding 'metrosexuality'?

I don't know how it is in the states but we don't get a guge amount of flaunting of homosexuality here in the UK, it's too dangerous for one thing!:bash:
I suppose then that someone should organise a 'straight pride' march, so at least it's fair! Although, the advertising axiom of 'sex sells' would indicate that straight sexulity is 'flaunted' far more than any other kind.

I for one will only worry about it when 'bestiality' is used to sell cars!

Q

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
its unnatural

its weird

and if god wanted gays he would have made adam and adam/eve and eve not adam and eve.

and so forth

[edit on 7-6-2006 by bodrul]

I laugh everytime I see that 'Adam and Steve" line.. its the one solitary argument bigots can seem to get past their lips when trying to make their anti-homosexual argument.

Heres something else to think about--Adam and Eve didnt get divorced, but 50% of straight marriages end in divorce...... dont pick and choose what you want to see in the bible to make your argument!

On a somehwat related note, pop singer Kevin Aviance was gay bashed last night by 7 'straight' men yelling anti gay slurs. He has had to undergo surgery on his face/jaw. What a shame

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CORTARA
I guess LoneGunMan you did not understand what I meant it was not suppose to be rude or hateful, but you seem to be very closed minded, so that is ok

You are calling me close minded. I marry Gay couples in the eyes of theyre own higher power. I just dont want the influence in front of my children ( I dont want drug usage in front of them either, so I guess you could call me close minded) you seem to not understand what I am saying.

My kids are VERY aware of the Gay community. They are also aware that there are those that are born Gay and those tht make a choice because of personal circumstance later in life. You see you cannot say that everyone that is Gay is under this no choice born to be Gay blanket. Some are some are not. Some do have a choice, I am a Minister to the Gay community and have them tell me thing they have a hard time admitting themselves. The ones that act like the oposite sex seem to be born Gay. Then I get so many that I find have been screwed over by the oposite sex and turn to being Gay, this includes being ignored because of the way they look.

Just trying to Deny Ignorance, Rev. LGM the Firefighter

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xander68

I laugh everytime I see that 'Adam and Steve" line.. its the one solitary argument bigots can seem to get past their lips when trying to make their anti-homosexual argument.

Heres something else to think about--Adam and Eve didnt get divorced, but 50% of straight marriages end in divorce...... dont pick and choose what you want to see in the bible to make your argument!

i dont read the bible , im muslim :p
im homophobic and have admited to that ,
we have had debates about gay rights in college and i have won on many arguments,

on the divorce parts its mostly to do with the fact people go head into a marrige and when it comes down to it dont work on it

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't understand gay people. I'm not trying to be rude or offensive. I just don't get it. That's ok though I don't need to understand a persons' opinion to respect it.
I don't understand religion either but I respect their views the same. What a person does or how a person feels is their own business. To say my opinion/lifstyle is the correct one and yours is wrong is just arrogant.
Arrogance= Pride+Vanity( both sins) huh?
So hey if your gay thats cool if your not thats cool too
peace

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by xander68

i dont read the bible , im muslim :p
im homophobic and have admited to that ,
we have had debates about gay rights in college and i have won on many arguments,

on the divorce parts its mostly to do with the fact people go head into a marrige and when it comes down to it dont work on it

ROFL- so is there an Adam and Eve that you refer to from your own religion???? Or you just use the Adam and Steve thing because you think its so funny... kinda weird.

When you win these debates about gay rights, I hope you bring more to the table than that.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
^debates are more based on gay rights when it comes to adopting and so forth,
i have nothing against them wanting rights as a normal couple just not some
i just cant be pissed to write as much as i say in debates

and we have adam and eve in islam

[edit on 11-6-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Ok so I am chiming in again. I think it is the flaunting that gets most people. Most of the gay men and women, if you did not know them personally, you would not know as they tend to keep that activity out of the public eye. (Course walking down the street in full leather gear is a dead give away.) But in short, most tend to be very quiet about their orientation as it need not be announced to the world. As far as myself, well lets just say I do agree with the person who suggested a straight pride parade. What I find odd is that if in the US, freedom of speech is held sacred, why it is frowned apon for people to voice their opinion, be it they support gay people or not. I, myself, may not agree with what is said, but will support their right to say such.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
so let me get this right if some gay men did not flaunt their sexuality people would be okay then?

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi all

I dont care who hates gays, I am gay.
Thats their problem, I dont have to be around people like that.
People that hate gays are brought up that way by there parents, just think who has the biggist influence over their children, parents.
I feel bad sometimes because they really do not understand that all of this is normal.
Yes I agree some gays flant been gay BUT so do straight men
Straight men love to flant their egos.Why should we care if a gay man wants to ware a pink dress and flip his rist walking down the street, why should it bother anyone.
Why cant the whole world stop fighting and love one another and stop spreading all this hatered.
One day man will wake up!!!! because he still sleeping.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join