It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulters, leaves a bad taste in my mouth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can anyone substantiate her claim that the 9/11 widows have become millionaires?

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I wish i could answer that, Rich, but i'm here only because she doesnt leave a bad taste in my mouth at all.
She affects my eyesight.

Did she have that full sex change operation yet? That adams apple is mighty suspicious to me.

Seriously though, there are no millionaires because of 9/11. She's nuts, which brings me back full circle- think she got rid of them?

Bad dgtempe. Bad.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Actually, there were a few millionaires as a result of 9/11. Especially those who worked for Cantor Fitzgerld, but many of them were millionaires to begin with.

But seriously, does it matter if the widows Coulter has bashed received any type of monetary settlement? What they were asking for was an INDEPENDENT investigation. They have experienced a devestating loss and they want answers, and I for one don't blame them one bit. They are denying ignorance!

As for Coulter, she is the one who is Godless. She climbs on top of here bully pulpit and spews venom and hate. I don't understand why she is viewed with such high regard and defended so vigorously. She shills elephant manure and people eat it up.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Mz. Coulter speaks the truth, that's why many on the left hate, because she exposes them for what they are...

-- Boat

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Mz. Coulter speaks the truth, that's why many on the left hate, because she exposes them for what they are...

-- Boat

first off boat this is a one line post and unacceptable.

Secondly care to illustrate any of these "thruths" you claim she speak?
Im not being sarcastic I really want to know what things she has said that are true, to you. There is a kernel of truth in everything that these political PR types say. And thats the problem. They take that bit of truth and stretch it so thin that it is no longer recognizable to the masses. But if intolorance and bigotry are truths that you admire boat then more power to ya... personally Ill wait for the next boat.

thanks for your time

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This guy said it so well... In fact there are some very good letters about this subject on the Salon site.

Anne Coulter

In "MEIN KAMPF," Adolf Hitler spewed out his hatred with pseudo-religion, distorted facts, fear mongering stereotypes, and outright lies. That book, like Anne Coulter's, "GODLESS," was a 'best seller' -- still is! Do not take what she, and others like her, say, lightly. The goal of their 'struggle' (like Hitler's) is to inflame a constituency that would like nothing better than to destroy our American democracy and replace it with a one-party government that imbues the very vileness and mean-spirtitedness that their writings reveal.

-- George Hook

Salon Letters

Ask yourself who really benefited from 9/11...

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
TONE - are you calling me a bigot? Why? So, just because I enjoy reading Ann Coulter I'm a bigot? Typical liberal slander, if you have a different opinion then OBV you must be a bigot. Great argument my friend.

HB - Comparing what Ann Coulter says, to Hilters writings only severs to show your ignorance of both Hitler & Ms. Coulter. Just because some fool on "solon.com" thinks Ann Coulter is like Hitler is not evidence that she is...to suggest so is absurd.

Also, this has nothing to do with 9/11.

-- Boat

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Boatphone]

[edit on 25-6-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

So, just because I enjoy reading Ann Coulter I'm a bigot?

Well, this thread isn't all about you Boat, it's about Coulter. She has said things that would qualify someone as a bigot.
Example...

In describing the ability of reporters to get passes to White House press conferences, Coulter speculated that they must be easy to acquire since the "White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president." Helen Thomas is a White House reporter of Syrian ancestry.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

Typical liberal slander, if you have a different opinion then OBV you must be a bigot.

Just curious, who is OBV?

Just because some fool on "solon.com" thinks Ann Coulter is like Hitler is not evidence that she is...to suggest so is absurd.

Why is that Ann Coulter thinks only people that think like she does have valid opinions and every else has some kind of mental disorder? Do you think that every person in this country should be a Republican and that any ideas differing from the party line deserve to be silenced and ridiculed?

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

So, just because I enjoy reading Ann Coulter I'm a bigot?

Well, this thread isn't all about you Boat, it's about Coulter. She has said things that would qualify someone as a bigot.
Example...

In describing the ability of reporters to get passes to White House press conferences, Coulter speculated that they must be easy to acquire since the "White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president." Helen Thomas is a White House reporter of Syrian ancestry.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

That a joke at Ms. Thomas who is an outspoken critic of the President. Ms. Coulter uses comedy in her book, I don't think that (that) one statement makes her a "bigot". Or, me a bigot for reading her book.

Typical liberal slander, if you have a different opinion then OBV you must be a bigot.

Just curious, who is OBV?

OBV = obviously.

Do you think that every person in this country should be a Republican and that any ideas differing from the party line deserve to be silenced and ridiculed?

No, of course not. I enjoy the fact that everyone can have a different opinion. That's why I don't like being called a bigot just for reading and supporting someone who is different than someone else!

-- Boat

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Boat- I was NOT calling you a bigot. I was asking what things besides the bigotrous things that she has said, have any value for you. Also I am NOT a liberal nor a conservative.
I probably shouldve worded my last post a bit better. After re-reading my last post I have to apologize Boat. It definately read like a cheap shot against you and that was not my intention. I get P.O.'d about Ann Coulter because, I, personally have never heard that woman say anything positive.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
She is dead inside

www.youtube.com...

She is also a #in moron

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Recently I saw Ms. Coulter on a show I like to watch. I don't think I was watching as one might watch a train wreck, but rather I was hoping the host would reason with her--stupid me for forgetting you can't reason with unreasonable people--d'oh!

Anyway, it struck me--she's a verbal abuser!!! I'm sure the show would never put on a physical abuser (someone who would strike another then apologize) to act out abuse, but here was Ms. Coulter calling a person a "fag", then saying it was just a joke--that's what verbal abusers do!!

Abuse can occur outside of families or relationships. I'm sorry I didn't see this behavior as abusive behavior before, but it can be found on radio and tv. Personalities who spew venomous language and then proclaim it's all a joke, it's just entertainment.

We're in deep trouble as a society, as a family suffers with an abuser, if we do not recognize this.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Anyway, it struck me--she's a verbal abuser!!! I'm sure the show would never put on a physical abuser (someone who would strike another then apologize) to act out abuse, but here was Ms. Coulter calling a person a "fag", then saying it was just a joke--that's what verbal abusers do!!

Abuse can occur outside of families or relationships. I'm sorry I didn't see this behavior as abusive behavior before, but it can be found on radio and tv. Personalities who spew venomous language and then proclaim it's all a joke, it's just entertainment.

We're in deep trouble as a society, as a family suffers with an abuser, if we do not recognize this.

Well stated. I have never quite looked at this way before, but that is exactly what this is -- abuse. Those that embrace Coulter's views, embrace abuse.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Why isn't this in PTS, I know I'm somewhat new and all, but this isn't exactly conspiracy oriented.

If Ann's butt ugly and a dude, that what in the world is Randi Rhodes?

you do NOT bring metal into this discussion!

randi rhodes was a guitar god, and he didn't spew hateful filth out

also, it was the 80's everyone tried to look womanly

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hitler resembled the left. Gun control, Atheist, big goverment & put workers on equal footing with everyone else. Vegetarian, drug user & believed in a controlled press. Liberals seek press domination as well. I recall an article about a Liberal turned libertarian who had many literary awards, no more were forthcoming after the change from Liberal to Libertarian.

Coulter like Nugent eats Libs for lunch. that's why left people hate her. I haven't heard enough of her stuff to decide one way or the other about her.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There's a huge difference between debating in a civilized manner and being outright hateful and abusive. Coulter's style definitely falls in the later category. That's what people, not just liberals, find offensive.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
& Al Franken is any different?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black Sword
Hitler resembled the left. Gun control, Atheist, big goverment & put workers on equal footing with everyone else. Vegetarian, drug user & believed in a controlled press. Liberals seek press domination as well. I recall an article about a Liberal turned libertarian who had many literary awards, no more were forthcoming after the change from Liberal to Libertarian.

Coulter like Nugent eats Libs for lunch. that's why left people hate her. I haven't heard enough of her stuff to decide one way or the other about her.

No, you have no idea what life in that deluded little basket case's Germany was like. And he was not an atheist, he believed in god, only a kind of Germanic, woden-like god that was big into smiting. His government was more on the lines of the Diadochi - rival factions in charge of different areas, with at times infighting actively damaging the economy and/or the war effort.
His use of drugs was down to his doctor, Morell, who used to fly south for the winter quacking.
He was in bed with big business and had nothing to do with ordinary workers.
Germany was a very orderly country, and the issue of gun control was not somethig that rang many bells. It doesn't ring any bells in Britain either. Neither I, nor any member of my family have had or intend to own a gun. We don't feel at all emasculated. Hitler did give the Army lots of guns and then made excuses when other nations used even bigger guns against Germany.
Oh, but he did love control of the press. Many brave German journalists were savagely beaten and murdered by his lackeys for daring to point out that the Nazis were a bunch of perverted thugs who were led by a man who may have had a very improper relationship with his own niece (and who may also have murdered her).
Liberals do not believe in control of the press. I don't know where you got this fact from, but it's untrue. I'm a British Liberal and the free press of this country is a source of great pride.
As for La Coulter... she is deluded. Did anyone read her demented claim that Clinton is gay because he likes women so much? Barking mad.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For years when I would be shocked/upset at some of the name calling and spinlies, not merely spin, from some radio/tv personalities, I hadn't realized it for what it is--abusive behavior. When my husband would say, for example about Rush Limbaugh, Now Honey he's just entertainment and no one believes that stuff, I knew something was still wrong. My husband is a good, moral man, not abusive, and I don't think even he saw it for that.

Let's say a wife has a normal looking rear end, but her husband keeps saying in public, Hey, Honey, gonna fit in that chair?--just kidding, ha ha. Or maybe she has got a rear end like a dually truck, and he again says the above. He is insulting her and then saying, I'm sorry/ it's just a joke / what's the matter can't you take a joke. Such commentaries are not needed or wanted, and say more about the insecurities and hate of the one who says these remarks.
If the above wife were to tell her husband not to say those things because they're either untrue or hurtful, a verbal abuser would then deny he's doing it/blame his victim--you are fat!/tell her to stop bashing him/akin to blame--tell her You make me do it.

And, yes, Al Franken, too, has been known to personally insult, but he's also been known to have a civil discussion with conservative guests.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Sword
& Al Franken is any different?

al franken doesn't call anyone a "total fag" (though i hate using the term, it's a quote) in arguments

he doesn't call ex-republicans "closet homosexuals" as coulter has called clinton

and al franken doesn't abuse the media by spreading misinformation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join