It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Abduction" by John E Mack (Harvard Medical)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Long time reader, only just joined now. I think this place needs a bit more rational discussion... *removes sarcastic comments about may 25th, MIBs, so called smoking gun ufo pics, et cetera!*

So, has anyone read "Abduction - Human Encounters with Aliens" by John E. Mack, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School?

Heres summary from back page:

"Eye opening, provocative and above all authorative - Dr John Mack is professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School - Abduction is unlike any book on UFOs ever written.

After investigating more than eighty cases of alien abduction and conducting thousands of hours of interviews and treatment, Dr Mack is convinced that these men, womans and children are not making up their stories, but reporting authentic experiences. They tell remarkably consistant tales of encounters with small grey beings with huge dark eyes who transport their immobilized subjects to a spacecraft where the captives are probed in a battery of tests that appear to relate to sexual and reproductive experiments.

The details Dr Mack provides will persuade every reader with an open mind that these accounts are not hallucinations, not dreams, but real experiences."

----

So, anyone read it? I'm about 1/4 of the way through and let me tell you, if you have'nt been scared by any film/novels since you were a kid, this is one which will get you freakin!!!

Highly recommended.

P.S
There are a few reptiles in these stories... so maybe Icke isn't such a nut afterall? Hmm

Book on Amazon:
www.amazon.com...=8-4/qid=1149708685/ref=sr_1_4/102-2198491-0023355?%5Fencoding=UTF8

(mines alot older copy, got off a friend who had it since he was 8! Needless to say, he has an open mind!)

John E Mack on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR
So, has anyone read "Abduction - Human Encounters with Aliens" by John E. Mack, Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School?

Hi TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR,

I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have read it. It's probably one of the top 5 best known books on alleged alien abductions.

By the way, during 2005 the BBC broadcast an interesting radio documentary about John Mack and his views.

The relevant radio programme can still be listened to online at the link below:
/dywj3

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Awesome!!

Thanks Isaac, I'll check it out when I'm not at work

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Chapter 16 is my personal favorite. R.I.P. John E. Mack M.D.

But what I have found to be so extraordinary from the beginning of my study has been the readily identifiable patterns that emerge when the case narratives are examined carefully.

I cannot say that the cases selected have been "typical," because I do not know what a typical case would be, or even that there is such a thing as a typical case.

There are aspects of UFO abductions that do not obey the physical laws of the universe as we have known them. Some of the phenomena might be understood at some future time through great advances in physics. But others, such as the capacity abductees like Paul discover to move their consciousness through space and time, require another onotological paradigm.

For anyone doing serious investigations into the abductions, check out this books references.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR

Good thread and welcome aboard ATS.

John Mack did some great work in this subject. I support his points of view as they pertain to the validity of alien life for humanity. I have had the pleasure of meeting with him several times and found him to be honest and truly motivated. Only, he studied a certain group of "abductees" found through certain avenues who do not represent the whole of those who have personal contact with alien life.

There are over two hundred races visiting Earth and just a few of them became so known to humans so suddenly first, thanks in large to the massive (secret) governmental disinformation campaign launched publicly against these particular races. "The Greys" depicted in John's work are two of them- separate races who somewhat resemble each other in appearance, who were running their own respective hybrid programs. These programs have been ended by the organization of our visiting races, as well as other inappropriate contact with humans that was committed by a few other races.

There is a race visiting Earth that in some ways resembles (to us) our earthly reptiles. They are not reptiles at all, but a fine race of people. When you find out that the alien races are real, don't make the mistake of assuming that what you've heard about them is real.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Be careful what you read. I read a book that said that aliens came to this earth to create an intelligent species to mine gold for them, but first had to get permission from dolphins in order do this. Plus it said there had been extensive research on this theory. One thing I would recommend is doing some research on alien abductions from the psychological perspective. There is many factual information that could completely shed light on some questions and misconceptions. I'm not really sure whether this book is fiction or non-.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Most, if not all, of the cases discussed in this book describe details recovered during hypnosis.. As far as I know, not one case in the book was of actual memories recalled without the aid of hypnosis.

All the accounts portrayed the alien contact experience all too much the same, which is how he explaims "this makes it true". But these are only the hypnotherapy versions, he chose to write about. Had he included accounts of those who can recall their experiences without hypnosis, the details of encounters and description of the "intruders" would be quite different.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
"Mack was killed by a drunken driver when walking home from a dinner with friends in London on Monday September 27, 2004."

new topics

top topics

join