It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vortex Thrusters ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was just wondering what if any of you think about them and there future ?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I don't. what are they

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have never heard of vortex thrusters either. Its always a good idea to give a source or a link in a post rather than just one sentence!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
sorry im new and not sure how to post link put ill try

www.americanantigravity.com/vortexthruster.html

hope it works

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Those guys at american anti grav has some seriously weird stuff. Their lifter technology is very strange, but seems to be well documented and appears like a real phenomenon.

As for the vortex thrusters, they seem to work off already proven physics and are like an upgrade of existing turbines. So as for their future potential, if they are as efficient as they claim to be, then I guess they should be utilised.

However, their lifter technology is explained by theories such as ion winds and stuff, which reputable scientists will not acknowledge for the fear of ridicule. So the guys at americanantigravity are seen as crackpot scientists by some and loose a lot of credibility. Mainly because they cant explain how their stuff works themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

However, their lifter technology is explained by theories such as ion winds and stuff, which reputable scientists will not acknowledge for the fear of ridicule. So the guys at americanantigravity are seen as crackpot scientists by some and loose a lot of credibility. Mainly because they cant explain how their stuff works themselves.

Yes, but some of the greatest discoverys have come from crackpots.

The Earth is round.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
are you talking about ionic propulsion or the theoretical mercury vortex engines in the ancient indian vimanas?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toasty
Those guys at american anti grav has some seriously weird stuff. Their lifter technology is very strange, but seems to be well documented and appears like a real phenomenon.

Lifters are quite real If you know alittle about electronics (since they use high voltage which could be dangerous) you can build a simple lifer on the cheap. My friend built one before there is just something so weird seeing it fly without expelling any mass or making any noise while not being lighter then air.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I was looking at this, no it has nothing to do with their lifter technology,
It's basically a turbine engine with one slight difference,
what is normally used as the air bypass to regulate pressure, is used as a natural thrust outside the system, creating a vaccume at the taurus edges of the device.

Not exactly enginuis, but still quite an effective modification of the usual turbine system.

I can only see it being used as a vertical thrust system, as at high speeds the vaccum system created above the device would neutralise, in turn capping off its top end speed... in short, great thrust, horrible top end speed.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think it would be great for the airline's you may not go very fast but you would
use less fuel so ticket prices will go down and more people will fly as well as
helicopters would be gone these could lift more and use less fuel.

It's estimated that a vortex thruster chamber that is
1sq meter can generate 4 tons of lift. My math maybe
wrong but if you had a chamber 10' across there would
be about 100 tons of lift that's not to bad.

Again im not that good in math so please
dont castrate me if im wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cylon555
Again im not that good in math so please
dont castrate me if im wrong.

Too late
It won't hurt a bit, I promise

[edit on 15-6-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link