It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

uk dna database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i found this on the bbc website and wondered why no huge fuss has been made of 1 rather interesting paragraph snuck in there.

the original story is about how 519 foreign requests for access to the dna database were made since 2004 and none were turned down.

however, what caught my eye was this - how do twenty four thousand under-18 year old's, who have never been cautioned, charged or convicted of anything, happen to be in this dna database? the database itself is only 11 years old.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ahh well that is the thing, its a backdoor DNA database. Maybe they needed to take samples frm children to remove them from an investigation. Say a crime is commited by young thugs and someone else is in the area at the time. Maybe they get reported as being there and have there DNA tested to remove them from the investigation. The whole arguement is that the DNA taken should be thrown away and not stored, afterall they havn't commited a crime at all.

Tony Blair should come out and just say it, he wants a national database and yet him and his government are doing everything in a very sneaky way. I believe they are trying to build it up until they cansay "Hey look we got loads of people already, it hasn't hurt your freedoms, lets do it properly and have everyone".

new topics

join