It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC/DC "She's a Nig** on a one-way Ride"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just think that it sort of sounds as such,but using the N word is more of an American slang I'm sure,every country has it's own slurs I'm sure

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zamphir66

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Trying to interpret what Brian Johnson sings is near to impossible so I wouldn't read too much into it.....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

Highway to Hell is Bon not Brian....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry mate but that is complete and utter bu***hit.

Try listening to the song as it was recorded and sung because you can slow any record down and pick out a couple of syllubles or words and claim it says what you want it to hear.

So howabout having some knowledge of the band,the song.gtheir music and the man singing the lyrics rather than listen to some self styled 'shock jock' who job discription is to p**s people off and it's worked on me that's for sure.

How dare he accuse Bon Scott of being a racist particularly on the strength of such pathetic and senseless evidence he's created.

AC/DC are many things like possibly one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time,genuine,straight forward,unpretenious,not full of # and egos like most bands that have a fraction of their success but racist certainly certainly are not.

Neither was Bon Scott,he was off his head,had a serious drink problem yet he was in my mind the greatest frontman of all time.

He and AC/DC are one of the very few genuine good guys in the music business and i'm literally livid that a talentless scumbag like that even thought it let alone stated it

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I always heard "Season Ticket" never actually read the lyrics till today, looks like I was right. Just goes to show you that you hear what you want to hear.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by opensecret1150

"Highway To Hell"

Livin' easy
Lovin' free
Season ticket on a one way ride
Askin' nothin'
Leave me be
Takin' everythin' in my stride
Don't need reason
Don't need rhyme
Ain't nothin' that I'd rather do
Goin' down
Party time
My friends are gonna be there too
I'm on the highway to hell
On the highway to hell
Highway to hell

No stop signs
Speed limit
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel
Gonna spin it
Nobody's gonna mess me around
Hey satan
Payin' my dues
Playin' in a rockin' band
Hey mumma
Look at me
I'm on the way to the promised land
Highway to hell
Highway to hell
Don't stop me

On the highway to hell
Highway to hell
(highway to hell) I'm on the highway to hell
(highway to hell) highway to hell
(highway to hell) highway to hell
(highway to hell)
And I'm goin' down
All the way

are you sure it was "highway to hell" ?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
They don’t “the N word” its just mishearing the lyrics

The hilarious peter kay has does a joke about misheard lyrics in his stand up shows.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
I always heard "Season Ticket" never actually read the lyrics till today, looks like I was right. Just goes to show you that you hear what you want to hear.

Exactly,I've never actually looked up the lyrics either but 'Season ticket,on a one way ride' is what I've always heard too.

I mean,AC/DC can perhaps be accused of a few things but being racist,discriminatory or bigotted is ABSOLUTELY NOT one of them.

If you still need convincing,though hearing that particular lyric should be enough to debunk this utter nonsense,then listen to the whole song,where would that fit in with the rest of the lyrics for the song,it doesn't make any sense wheras 'season ticket' does.

And you would have thought if that complete penis Howard whatever his name is (somebody who clearly has to make a career slagging off genuinely talented and famous people),if he wanted this to be taken seriously he might have used,say,'beating around the bush' from the same album where some of Bon's vocals aren't as clear.lol.

Sorry but anyone who buys this one is thick as s**t !!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

Exactly,I've never actually looked up the lyrics either but 'Season ticket,on a one way ride' is what I've always heard too.

I mean,AC/DC can perhaps be accused of a few things but being racist,discriminatory or bigotted is ABSOLUTELY NOT one of them.

If you still need convincing,though hearing that particular lyric should be enough to debunk this utter nonsense,then listen to the whole song,where would that fit in with the rest of the lyrics for the song,it doesn't make any sense wheras 'season ticket' does.

And you would have thought if that complete penis Howard whatever his name is (somebody who clearly has to make a career slagging off genuinely talented and famous people),if he wanted this to be taken seriously he might have used,say,'beating around the bush' from the same album where some of Bon's vocals aren't as clear.lol.

Sorry but anyone who buys this one is thick as s**t !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join