It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC/DC "She's a Nig** on a one-way Ride"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If any of you are Howard Stern Fans, he recently slowed down the AC/DC song Highway to Hell and you could CLEARLY hear the lyric "She's a Nig** on a One-Way Ride", rather than the lyric written on the album jacket "Season ticket on a one-way ride".

Apparently it is even more clear on the live version. Does anyone know if these guys were big racists? Has anyone heard about this before??

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ive never heard about that before, but alot of those rock bands back then were racist and most people never even knew about it

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've heard this one before. In the first place, it's impossible to make out what their singer says 90% of the time anyway. Secondly, the 'misheard' lyrics make no sense in the context of the song. So I call bunk.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't use Howard Stern as a valid source for sound research. He's known as the 'Shock-Jock', and because of this he likes to rile people up. I wouldn't pay any attention to this claim at all. And for these lyrics to be in the song would completely contradict the flow of the story "Bon" Scott [and the rest of AC/DC] was attempting to tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's season ticket. It just sounds like "'n-word'", but it's not.

Kinda like the David Bowie song "Suffragette City"
Supposedly the true lyric is:
"This mellow thighed chick
Just put my spine out of place"

What I always heard was 2 different things from that:
I heard "This mellow fat chick"
I also heard, "The smell of that chick".

It depends how you listen to it...besides we all know Brian Johnson's voice is for crap.
Bon Scott was the voice of AC/DC!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimaFaciFacts
I wouldn't use Howard Stern as a valid source for sound research. He's known as the 'Shock-Jock', and because of this he likes to rile people up.

Well I never...! Howard is a genius, although it is true he likes to get people going. His sound engineer Fred Norris, is the best in the business, and he slowed down and isolated the sound, it really did seem pretty clear they were sneaking a racsit message in, but I could be wrong!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Speaking as an Australian who is accustomed to our native drawl, the lyric sounds exactly as it is printed on the lyric sheet.

If you listen to other AC/DC songs you will fing that Bon pronounced a lot of his words in a kind of alcoholic slur (and he sure liked a drink), i.e. Ticket - Tigget.

How can the song be a first person narrative that for one line changes to the second person?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
Speaking as an Australian who is accustomed to our native drawl, the lyric sounds exactly as it is printed on the lyric sheet.

If you listen to other AC/DC songs you will fing that Bon pronounced a lot of his words in a kind of alcoholic slur (and he sure liked a drink), i.e. Ticket - Tigget.

How can the song be a first person narrative that for one line changes to the second person?

AC/DC! My favorite Aussie band ever.
I saw them open for Kiss. They were touring for the "Let There Be Rock" album in 1977.
Awesome concert.....and yeah, Bon did have that slurry-kinda voice, that nobody til this day can imitate. Brian's voice is pretty blown out at this point.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm from Melbourne which is where AC/DC was formed and all that. My mum met them before they were big.

I don't think that they would use "'n-word'" in one of their songs. Why would they? There were almost NO people who were from africa/african descendence living in Australia at that time.

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If you think that was bad, try listening to some rap. Every other word is "nigga" or "ho".

Why is it that black people can throw the n-word all over the place, but if a white guy merely says or sings something that only resembles it, he is a racist?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I agree, I think that AC/DD is just a great band. I mean people jump the gun as soon as soon as someone that isnt black says soemthing that sounds like the N word. Also, i think that Brian Johnsen, look at how much Back In Black sold. I'd say Brian and Scott were about the same in thier singing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hi there

Angus Young got his DUCK WALK from Chuck Berry.

What more needs to be said

They are good people.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I always thought that song "Cheap wine and three days growth" actually said "cheap wine and a three legged goat" LOL

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You're right about the 1st and 3rd personage but I think anyone who's seriously questioning the original lyrics is on their own little highway...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You hear what you Want to hear.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
AC/DC ROCKS nothin else
they aint no racists its just misheard lyrics or somethin

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
aint heard that one before!
check out www.kissthisguy.com for other good misheard lyrics...

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by opensecret1150

Highly doubt it.

reply to post by SIOFundialed

I don't see that. Can you list some sources?

[edit on 15-11-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join