It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo blown wide open - exclusive expose

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hi guys!

I'm new here, but before jumping in I went to check out the websites listed here, both RU and OM.

Very interesting...

I do have a comment for Shawwna though - in one of your posts you accuse the Admin of Open Minds to be deceitful because of his use of sockpuppets. But shortly after you left RU and this guy dankk became a Mod over there, a new member 'godessone' joins up. Dankk then accuses you of being one and the same as her.

I also see that godessone is registered here.

Could you clear that up for us? Because it appears as though you are the pot calling the kettle black.

Thanks,

r

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Party Line

Originally posted by africangrey
Hey, Majic, man - come on - don't get sucked in to the 'party line'! You know as well as anyone else who has followed this - there has benn NO PROOF WHATSOEVER of any hoax - only supposition and speculation. Where's your scepticism, dude?! Where's the actual EVIDENCE??!

My skepticism remains intact.

Though massive evidence abounds that Serpo is a hoax, there is indeed a slim chance some truth found its way into the story.

I'm watching a lot of intelligent and talented people waste their time sorting through the dung heap of Serpo when they could instead be investigating actual facts and potentially even uncovering credible evidence of alien contact.

Whether that's a government disinformation campaign or not is irrelevant. The effect is the same: masking the truth with lies.

I'm tired of lies. I've watched this story unfold as a member. Now as a staff member, I've had the opportunity to see "behind the scenes" and why Serpo is a four-letter word on ATS.

You can assume that I'm willing to compromise my principles to "parrot" (pun intended) the "party line" -- which means you shouldn't trust me or care what I have to say in the first place.

Or you can take it from me that everything I've seen as a staff member proves what the ownership of this fine website has been saying all along. They are who they say they are. If they weren't, I would have no business associating with them.

They aren't perfect, but they are honest and worthy of my trust.

You are not, and you know why you have been banned -- again. Rest assured: I know.

It's not too late to abandon your crusade for falsehood, but that's a choice only you can make.

I pray you choose well.

/pointless drama

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
so let's recap. back when slusho was first being discussed here all these new folks joined up and really pumped the crap out of the story. once it was declared a hoax and the folks at RU starting releasing evidence (actual evidence not verification by an anonymous source that another anonymous' story as retold by the anonymous nephew of an anonymous colonel) the slusho story died and the RU story began showing up here. Now we get om folks signing up to defend their cult (yes, you are a cult, go back a few posts and read the definition again if you must) whilse trying to bring down the folks at RU.

methinks this would all go away if nobody paid any attention to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well its clear some of the "Slurpo" OM sock puppet people are coming on here trying to discredit RU with nonsense. Doty did it! Get over it.

Talk about beating a dead horse.
Shame on you OM puppets!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
so let's recap. back when slusho was first being discussed here all these new folks joined up and really pumped the crap out of the story. once it was declared a hoax and the folks at RU starting releasing evidence (actual evidence not verification by an anonymous source that another anonymous' story as retold by the anonymous nephew of an anonymous colonel) the slusho story died and the RU story began showing up here. Now we get om folks signing up to defend their cult (yes, you are a cult, go back a few posts and read the definition again if you must) whilse trying to bring down the folks at RU.

methinks this would all go away if nobody paid any attention to it.

Cult.....? Whatever, Crakeur, whatever makes you happy but by your own definition then ATS is the biggest "cult" on the internet. You seriously need to drop the cult thing because it doesn't make any sense. I imagine RU is a cult also only with a different goal? OM is a proboard site, which is free. There are no donations, no one asking for money and no recruiting. The goal of OM is to help enable disclosure and to allow people to speak their mind in a respectful and polite way. If you insist that we are a cult, well dang it, we are a darn nice one. Now read this closely....you are sleepy, you will join OM and be subservient
to all who command you, you are so sleepy, you will now smack yourself silly

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman658
Well its clear some of the "Slurpo" OM sock puppet people are coming on here trying to discredit RU with nonsense. Doty did it! Get over it.

Talk about beating a dead horse.
Shame on you OM puppets!

Hey, people have been asking simple questions, thats all. What is the problem? Ry is helping me out via email and all is good except for the few ATS posters that come in here and attack anyone who questions anything. You guys should really give it a slight rest. Talking smack is all some of you seem to know.

I will know retire from this thread has I have entered into communications with Ry via email and U2U's. I'm getting help and answers. All is good!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ATS isn't a cult. It's more like a meeting hall set up to house various cults. OM is a cult. One focus and no dissention lest you be banished from the group. RU is more along the lines of an investigative team. Obsessed investigative team but not a cult. Has anyone at OM, you know all 5 or so of you that post under your various names, ever actually dug up any real information regarding this whole thing? Heard it from a guy who heard it from an anonymous source will never count towards real information. They haven't because there is none. I, like many of the fine folks that frequent these boards, would love disclosure. I'd be thrilled to no end to learn that we've known, and been in contact with, alien civilizations for years. Sadly, when people like Doty and his crew pull stunts like this, they make it harder and harder for people to accept things that might actually be true. The continued promotion of their hoax only deepens this issue. What I don't get is how you guys can still believe this is true and if you don't why do you bother with the life support you keep trying to give it?

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story eh?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
crak,

Sorry if you believe that being sceptical of the sceptics is not a proper thing to do. Can't people who are trying to be sceptical post false information too?

I notice you are an RU member too. Does that mean you should be excluded from this debate?

Anyway, since you have chosen to weigh in here, why do you think the points made by ry and shawwna are the correct ones?

Thanks,

r

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
hey crak,

You seem very concerned with truth-telling, so how do you know this => "Has anyone at OM, you know all 5 or so of you that post under your various names" - to be true?

Thanks,

r

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodback

I notice you are an RU member too. Does that mean you should be excluded from this debate?

I'm giving up on this after this post but it should be noted that I have maybe a dozen or so posts at RU and I am not connected, in any way, to their research. Well, I read it, which seems to be more than some in this thread can admit to.

Anyway, since you have chosen to weigh in here, why do you think the points made by ry and shawwna are the correct ones?

evidence for one. They have produced a hell of a lot of back-up for their argument. What has the pro camp come up with? an anonymous military guy who says it's true? a bathroom design stencil? A picture of a movie prop that was quickly retracted as being a joke?

Second, and this means something to me but perhaps not much to others. Doty et al haven't attempted to disprove the research done by RU. They haven't said "it wasn't us." They have, however, resorted to behavior that would indicate guilt in my eyes. Childish threats and name calling and other slightly more nefarious acts are the things you see when a guilty party is trapped. If they weren't guilty, they'd have found something to hang their hat on. They haven't.

That make any sense?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Just Say "No" To Board Wars

I do have a comment for Shawwna though - in one of your posts you accuse the Admin of Open Minds to be deceitful because of his use of sockpuppets. But shortly after you left RU and this guy dankk became a Mod over there, a new member 'godessone' joins up. Dankk then accuses you of being one and the same as her.

It's not in the T&C anymore, but "board wars" -- which in the simplest sense means carrying on discussions across different boards -- used to be expressly prohibited.

The reason should be obvious: board wars do nothing other than focus personal attention on forum members and disrupt discussion of the topics the forums were created to address.

To put it another way, unless members of other forums are extraterrestrial beings themselves, talking about them is irrelevant to the question of Aliens & UFOs, which is what this forum is for.

So I ask that we not participate in board wars on ATS, and suggest that members who are truly interested in the gritty details of Serpo (e.g., who's cheatin' who, who's bein' true, and whose car is parked next door) take them up on discussion boards where such details are more appropriate.

I'm sure those other boards will appreciate your business.

This is ATS, not MySpace.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
No probs Mr. Majic - I thought I was just asking a question in line with other statements she other people had posted here.

Not trying to be in a war - just askin' questions.

I've just been sceptical of sceptics ever since Philip Klass and Project Bluebook came out and said that none of this stuff was true. And the anti-Serpo crowd sure has had a chance to have their say on here.

Has anybody actually asked Doty if he did it or was involved?

Thanks,

r

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok one more reply lol. There are not many I know of at OM that really believe that Serpo is true to the letter. My God, the inconsistencies alone are enough to pull the rug of credibilty straight out from under Serpo. Doty has been nailed as the sender of the Sylvester email. Ry is gonna help me to cast away any doubts about that. And when he does, I will post that Doty is indeed the sender. In the meantime, we have to wonder what was the purpose of Serpo. If it came from a dis-information agent, then it is dis-info. But to what purpose? Dis-info is used to make someone believe something that is false and to attract their attention from something else. Or simply to make a concept seem so absurd that if the real story spills out at a later date, people will say "exchange program! Yeah right! You mean like Slurpo!"

The bigger question is who and why. RU has stated they believe serpo to be a viral marketing campaign for Exempt from Disclosure. I don't agree with that idea, but that doesn't mean I believe the Serpo story to be true either. As far as research, I have done a little bit. Communications with certain people, asking questions, getting opinions. As a matter of fact it was my bit of research that uncovered the fact that the photo of Tom Mack and Paul Mcgovern was actually from the late 70's, not the late 50's. There has been other research by many fine intelligent people at OM. We just don't feel the need to shove it down anyone's throat.

Anyway, to each their own. You can't make all people believe in something you promote. There will always be skeptics, de-bunkers, and fanatics. That is a fact of life. All one can do is search for the truth that satisfies their curiousity. That's what I'm trying to do. And it has been a fun, stressful, educational and enlightening experience, thus far!

I will say this. After some of the things I've have learned, I doubt disclosure will happen in my lifetime. Maybe my sons will see it. But not in my lifetime. There are way to many complications for disclosure to happen in today's society.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Waiting For Godot

Originally posted by Jeddyhi
I will say this. After some of the things I've have learned, I doubt disclosure will happen in my lifetime. Maybe my sons will see it. But not in my lifetime. There are way to many complications for disclosure to happen in today's society.

Disclosure? Probably not.

But I wouldn't write off discovery.

I don't think we should wait for governments to tell us the truth. How often do they do that anyway?

Rather, it's up to those of us who desire truth to seek it ourselves, not wait for someone to come along and drop it in our laps.

Each of us has our own way of seeking the truth, and rightly so.

The Truth About Truth

In the case of Serpo, I offer these sagely Majic aphorisms about truth:

1. If you really want the truth, then don't accept substitutes for it.

2. Every person who presents a lie as truth, knowingly or not, is an agent of disinformation.

3. There is no such thing as a half-truth. Something is either true or not true.

4. The truth is never complicated, only that which obscures it.

5. You will never find truth if you don't carry it within your heart.

On The Other Hand...

To those who find themselves up to their necks in lies, I offer this advice.

It's never too late to turn away from the Dark Side.

True salvation comes from within.

Just be honest. The rest will follow.

It's not easy, but it is worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow, take an afternoon off and look what happens!

First things first, I noticed "AfricanGrey" posted a couple of pages back and has now been banned. Good. The parrot from Africa is none other than the sockpuppet master himself Brendan (Admin) from OM. If you want to know how I know this, I saved some posts from the OM mod forum where he freely admitted to posting as AfricanGrey on his own forum. Good to see he is keeping true to form.

The issue of the original Anonymous email: JeddyHi, I distinctly remember sending Chris the original email from the Fake Anonymous email account. Not a text page, the actual email as forwarded by Victor in all of its originality. I also thought you were sent a copy but it seems you are saying you only received a text file or some such. That can be easily sorted and I see Ryan has that in hand. As for what Tacitus Monroe posted on his website, take that up with him.

Jumpspace and Ufonaut, please read everything Ryan has written regarding the evidence and proof that Rick Doty sent the Anonymous emails. It isn't rocket science and all of the answers you seek are contained therein.

Ufonaut (and the parrot), why are you trying to make it sound like some kind of new revelation that we tricked Victor Martinez into sending us extremely relevant information? I must say that tactic puzzles me. We've already discussed this at length on the forum and that particular subject will be discussed pretty soon on a radio show near you. That tactic doesn't really puzzle me by the way. It's the tried and tested M.O. of the hoaxer and the liar.

Jeddyhi, regarding your comment that we at RU have stated we believe Serpo to be nothing more than a viral marketing campaign for Exempt from Disclosure is not entirely correct. I personally believe that was a nice side-effect for Bob, but the actual motive for Serpo is quite simply unknown - It could be for any number of reasons connected to fame and fortune. "Because they can" is also a good one.

From where I'm sitting, it seems the folks from another forum have decided to regurgitate old news for no other reason than they simply haven't got anything else to talk about. That's how it appears if one looks at the post counts recently anyway. Their *need* for Serpo to remain alive is pathetic in the extreme, as evidenced by their assault on this fine forum here.

Cheers,
Zep

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The appropriately banned "africangray" or whatever his name was, made the ridiculous statement that ATS was somehow involved with the spoofing of Victor via email or some such.

That makes about as much sense as saying someone is guilty of something their plumber did.

HOW does one connect a contractor's PERSONAL affairs to someone they've done very little work for?! Desperate desire to create drama is all I can figure. We have SEVERAL law firms engaged here, due to the different specialities required of an internet entity, should we snoop into the personal affairs of the tHOUSANDS of lawyers employed by these firms to make sure nobody is spoofing?!

In any case, NONE of US (the owners and staff of ATS) had ANY IDEA that Centrist, et-al, were spoofing VM PERIOD.

We have MUCH bigger, more worthy, "fish to fry" than this tripe, so get a life, get a clue and move on with a new sock puppet to some little board where you can make a splash.

sheesh...

Springer...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It seems to me that people have put an awful lot of effort into saying Serpo is a hoax. Someone earlier mentioned "follow the money trail". Well I think you can follow an effort or a time trail just as well.

For instance, Mr. Springer, you seem to post a lot at RU. Do you take the same approach with other stories out there you think are hoaxes?

And Mr. (or is it Mrs. - sorry, your avatar is confusing, no offense intended) Zep Tepi, your whole life's work seems to be an attack on Serpo. If not, what other stories do you consider to be hoaxes and why don't you spend your time attacking them?

Also, I don't get the insults being tossed around. I think they hurt your case not help it. As Sgt Joe Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'm."

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Undersampling Distortion

It seems to me that people have put an awful lot of effort into saying Serpo is a hoax.

I guess you had to be there.

Of course you're free to speculate about peoples' motives all you want, but if you just got here today, you might want to give some thought to what it was like to follow that thread when it was active.

5000 posts spanning 248 pages over the course of three months in just that one thread alone. That's a lot of data.

And then there are all the other posts, here and on other boards, the behind-the-scenes drama, the Serpo site itself, the Coast-To-Coast AM interviews, UFO Magazine and -- of course -- the podcasts (33 in this thread alone).

I was there. I remember it well.

And I'm quite satisfied the Project Serpo story is a hoax.

Best Efforts

How much effort do I put into saying it's a hoax?

Very little. Hardly any, in fact.

Saying it's a hoax is easy. The hundreds of hours I spent studying the whole Serpo phenomenon so I could say it's a hoax with confidence is what took so much effort.

If you don't think it's a hoax, or suspect the motives of those who do, I invite you to immerse yourself in it like I did and decide for yourself.

Or heck, just believe some or all of it is true if you like. It's your brain to do with as you please.

But if you wish to imply that those of us who were there didn't do our homework before concluding it's a hoax, don't expect a warm and enthusiastic response.

Because that would be a grossly uninformed supposition -- and an insulting one at that.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The effort I was referring to was the effort put in to declaring Serpo a hoax, not the time you or any one else has put in to researching it. I would not knock your time and effort in doing the research you did.

Example - Since Mr. Springer joined at RU on May 30 he has 219 posts there and from what I have read so far (which is most of it btw) I don't see where any of them are involved in the research bit.

See what I mean?

I am doing my reading and I have spent a lot of time going through what is out there. I am not new to this.

I am merely trying to point out some new angles.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Angular Momentum

I am merely trying to point out some new angles.

If you've done so much reading, then you know this isn't a new angle.

That is, in fact, why these sorts of insinuations are so tiresome.

We've seen them before, and so have you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join