It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviellance drones over LA soon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travellar
I don't really understand why people instantly started screaming about privacy concerns. These aren't nano machines capable of touring your home to check up on you, and evading a warrent.

Ok thats for now. What about as the technology progresses and these things are capable of doing that? What then? They are already up there and legit. These people aren't just thinking about the "now", they are also thinking about the future as well. Just keep that in mind.

Pie

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Ok thats for now. What about as the technology progresses and these things are capable of doing that? What then? They are already up there and legit. These people aren't just thinking about the "now", they are also thinking about the future as well. Just keep that in mind.

I know you know this but I'm gonna say it anyway...the hackers will save us.

Personal privacy will be the new challenge of the 21st century. Anyone who reads blacklisted or 2600 on a regular basis knows that if you give a competent, clever little caffeinated phreak a gadget they'll figure a way around it.

Just like thieves keep figuring out new ways to get a hold of our personal information the noble hacker should be able to find ways of counteracting the surveillance once it gets to the technological level your talking about PM.

The main X factors will be if all these darker Orwellian scenarios come to pass...what will that world look like, what will the laws be and what kind of major social controls will be enforced...in other words and to paraphrase from the nerd bible, how futile will resistence be.

But again I'm betting on the phreaks and hackers to see us through.

IMO of course.

Spider

<< 1   >>

join