It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag of Pride!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I thought this was awesome, 17,500 individual pieces which when held aloft by fans makes a giant 'ST. George' cross are being made ready for the england games.

This masde me proud to be english.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Yeh that is cool, It would be amazing to see that in real life.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I confess to having trace interest in sport and almost zero tolerance of the hysteria and overkill of media coverage concerning certain sporting events, however as English people unite under the banner of the St George flag to support our sportsmen in their task to win I wish them well in their quest. National pride is all important and so is the behavior of England supporters. Fly the flag and stand proud whatever the result.

www.wearetheenglish.co.uk

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
heres what i dont get, why is the UK broken up when its world cup time? i never got that. its not the UK thats playing but like its england and scotland thats playing.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's not so much that it's broken up, it's because England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are separate countries with their own identities that are politically unified as the United Kingdom (sort of like the old Soviet Union or Yugoslavia in a way) without Northern Ireland included this becomes Great Britain (ie in the Olympics). The four countries each have their own separate national FA's as well as separate national leagues, not to mention a vote on the FIFA council, and thus have entitlement to field a representative national side in international competitions.

FIFA would like nothing more than a single GB team or UK team to be fielded because this would then mean that Britain would have only one vote instead of the current four, ergo, it aint gonna happen.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by waynos]

new topics

top topics

join