It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documents show post-war CIA covered up Nazi war crimes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Haaretz

The United States was aware that West Germany held information on the whereabouts of Adolf Eichmann in the 1950s, but chose to keep the matter secret, fearing that the arrest of the Nazi fugitive might lead to
embarrassing revelations about links between senior German officials and other Nazis.

This information, as well as the pressure that West Germany applied on the Central Intelligence Agency in order to prevent the leak of this sensitive information, is detailed in hundreds of newly declassified documents released by the U.S. government Tuesday.

The government released a total of 27,000 CIA documents related to Nazi war crimes during World War II on Tuesday morning. The documents include information on the employment of Nazi war criminals by the American intelligence agency.

According to the declassified documents, a German intelligence officer reported to the CIA in March 1958 that Germany had known since 1952 that Eichmann lived in Argentina under the pseudonym "Clemens." The information was not entirely accurate, as the name Eichmann used at the time was "Clement."

However, the CIA chose not to make use of the information.

I am most Certain that CIA had much to fear at that time.

Especially if after the WW2 people would find out about the Big numbers of Nazi's being enlisted into CIA in the famous Operation Paperclip.

But now, fifty years after, this info will get ignored and soon it will be yesterdays news.

So if big secrets like this get out today - well, then we will know who is behind Osama and Al-Qaeda somewher around, emmm 2056....

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Operation Paperclip was, to say the least, not exactly a brightspot in the history of the United States, muchless the Central Intelligence Agency. Is that what you want to hear?

Do you honestly think you'll find alot of people who will disagree with you? I think if you look into it a bit more thoroughly, you'll find that a lot of people in the intelligence agencies disagreed with the plan to bring over former, and not so former, Nazi's to work for the US government.

Personally, the whole thing was, and is, reprehensible. My country stands for something better than this, Operation Paperclip and its opposite number in Japan are blots on this country's honor, and denigrates the memories of those who fell defeating the Nazi and Japanese menaces.

Having said that, people who call the United States on this should first make sure their own countries morals are stainless. Are yours? People in glass houses.

If the same sort of things are occuring today, then it should stop, and the honorless bastards doing these things should answer for them. Do you honestly think many people would disagree with you?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh it is far, FAR Worse than this.

Operation Paperclip was just a Finishing touch to a Great Business deal called the Second World War. Apparently you do not know, that Big Corporations, Banks and other US "Business-Men" made around 180 BILLION Dollars out of deal with Hitler's Nazi Germany during the WW2. And while young Americans were dying on the beaches on Normandy, the "Patriots" back at home made a Billion.

It ain't no news. Corporations like General Electric, Ford, ITT, IBM, General Motors and a Bunch of Banks were all connected to Hitler up to 1944! You think that is bad; how about Factory plants owned by Ford in Germany not being even Damaged in thousands of bombing raids?

Want to Know More?

But that was all a part of the Plan of the Global Elite (yet again!) - to destroy the European Empires, such as Germany and England, and to create a New Enemy of the "Free West" - the Communists! This upcoming Cold War would sure be most Excellent for Business ey? Everybody got played like little wabbits.

So - OFCOURSE the CIA (under the influence of the Global Elite) Welcomed these Nazi scientists, agents and others. So the Rabbit hole goes very Very deep if you know what I mean - this is just one little tiny stone in a Big Mossaic of Fraud, Deception, Manipulation and most of all BUSINESS AS USUAL.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Souljah, your title is a bit misleading. The story in the papers (page 3 in the NY paper I read) talks about how the CIA kept the location of certain Nazi's a secret. Nobody was covering up their crimes. Eichman was wanted for his crimes, the CIA knew where he was and, in an effort to keep their moles and spies from being exposed, they failed to notify the Israelis who were hunting him.

A disgrace for sure but nowhere near as bad as covering up their crimes.

Let's get our anti-US sentiment correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Souljah, your title is a bit misleading. The story in the papers (page 3 in the NY paper I read) talks about how the CIA kept the location of certain Nazi's a secret. Nobody was covering up their crimes. Eichman was wanted for his crimes, the CIA knew where he was and, in an effort to keep their moles and spies from being exposed, they failed to notify the Israelis who were hunting him.

The title is actually entirely Copied from the Haaretz - no manipulation whatsoever.

Aren't you by Hiding important information about whereabouts of War criminals also Hiding certain Crimes that they did? Or what? Eichmann was wanted, yet the CIA knew where he was, and did not disclose that Information to other security agencies - why si that?

Oh and I do not have an Anti-US sentiment; more like Anti-Empire, Anti-NWO and Anti-Globalistic sentiment.

Get it correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Eichmann's crimes were well documented. Nothing was covered up. What the CIA did was keep his whereabouts secret. Reprehensible behavior for sure. They failed to arrest him and they failed to pass along his location to those that were pursuing him. No argument on the level of wrongness there but, again, they did not cover up his crimes.

Haratz has that wrong. My apologies for saying it was your gaffe. Although copying a gaffe does kinda implicate you in the gaffe too, no?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The CIA may not have protected Eichmann, but they certainly did dozens, if not hundreds, of others. There is no possibility of a reasonable excuse for this. Not national security, not nothin'.

Man, this is a strange day on ATS, I've agreed with Souljah twice today
. There are questions that need to be answered concerning the behavior of certain large corporate entities before, during, and after World War Two. Especially during. Swiss banks, IBM, Ford, etc... all need to answer these questions, not that they ever will. But it would be nice, and probably very enlightening.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Eichmann's crimes were well documented. Nothing was covered up. What the CIA did was keep his whereabouts secret. Reprehensible behavior for sure. They failed to arrest him and they failed to pass along his location to those that were pursuing him. No argument on the level of wrongness there but, again, they did not cover up his crimes.

Yes ofcourse they are well documented - but if you are hiding the whereabouts of a war criminal you are kind of breaking the law yourself aren't you? It is like you would be hiding a known criminal yourself, who has murdered 10 people and the police are looking for him, yet he is sleeping in your basement. Are you breaking the law? Ofcourse you are!

Haratz has that wrong. My apologies for saying it was your gaffe. Although copying a gaffe does kinda implicate you in the gaffe too, no?

Well they made up the title - why should I change it, since it is their story?

Peace.

And Love!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The CIA may not have protected Eichmann, but they certainly did dozens, if not hundreds, of others. There is no possibility of a reasonable excuse for this. Not national security, not nothin'.

Oh yes they did protect him for a long time - as the article says;

According to the declassified documents, a German intelligence officer reported to the CIA in March 1958 that Germany had known since 1952 that Eichmann lived in Argentina under the pseudonym "Clemens."

He was captured by a team of Mossad agents on May 11, 1960.

Well that sure is some long years of with-holding the War criminal?

Man, this is a strange day on ATS, I've agreed with Souljah twice today

Stranger things have happened - and most likely even stranger things will happen!

There are questions that need to be answered concerning the behavior of certain large corporate entities before, during, and after World War Two. Especially during. Swiss banks, IBM, Ford, etc... all need to answer these questions, not that they ever will. But it would be nice, and probably very enlightening.

Well I do not think we will be hearing from their Lawyers anytime soon. I bet they have some great stories to tell us too. But thats another story - maybe I make a thread out of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Having said that, people who call the United States on this should first make sure their own countries morals are stainless. Are yours? People in glass houses.

Well it seems to be on Souljah crusade to highlight anything that the US has done wrong in its history. Threads about his country Lithuania (I believe) and their moral actions seem to be very lacking from him.

I wonder if thats becuase their history is perfect and stainless?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Well it seems to be on Souljah crusade to highlight anything that the US has done wrong in its history. Threads about his country Lithuania (I believe) and their moral actions seem to be very lacking from him.

Not USA - Globalists, Global Elite, New World Odour.

But sadly, the USA is the Tool of those Dudes - but do not take that personally; I have absolutetly nothing against you. And my country has been mistaken for Slovakia, Somalia, Pennsylvania - but I hear Lithuania the first time!

I am from Sloveenia.

I wonder if thats becuase their history is perfect and stainless?

Did I ever say that? Nobody is Perfect. But we are very, Very small and unimportant in the global sense. Well I bet our politicians also want to be in the high circles of the Global Elite, but I highly doubt they have the ticket (money, power).

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Damn today is a really strange day....I agree with souljah as well.....

Its the GLOBALISTS who are the problem not americans in general....

Im sure part of the reason for delaying the capture of adolf eichmann was probably to protect US spies from being revealed to soviet intelligence.

Out of all these wars......

ww2, Cold War, and the recent victory of zarqawis death in Iraq....who's method apparently works?

we have been right so far.....

but I do agree, although the american people achieve victory after victory, it gets squandered and used by globalists to their advantage.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Damn today is a really strange day....I agree with souljah as well.....

Whoa - that never happened before!

Is Earth spinning in the other direction or something?

Its the GLOBALISTS who are the problem not americans in general....

Damn and I agree with You!

but I do agree, although the american people achieve victory after victory, it gets squandered and used by globalists to their advantage.

Oh yeah - and we all know what they want...

top topics

join