It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Paranoia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Suspicious
An unmistakable sign of paranoia is continual mistrust. People with paranoid personality disorder are constantly on their guard because they see the world as a threatening place. They tend to confirm their expectations by latching on to any speck of evidence that supports their suspicions and ignore or misinterpret any evidence to the contrary. They are ever watchful and may look around for signs of a threat.

Anyone in a new situation -- beginning a job or starting a relationship, for example -- is cautious and somewhat guarded until he or she learns that the fears are groundless. People suffering from paranoia cannot abandon their fears. They continue to expect trickery and to doubt the loyalty of others. In a personal relationship or marriage, this suspiciousness may take the form of pathological, unrealistic jealousy.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
just because youre paranoid, does not mean people are not out to get you. in the real world there are things like this.

so not always as cut and dry as you think.

so you cannot diagnose situations that easily.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
is this one of your articles???

if so, could you share a link with us...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I added my thougts to TinWiki. This does not have a link. Unless you are asking about a link to Tin Wiki.

There is a lot to paranoia. The current way of life we have has also added to paranoia.

Diagnosis and treatment are extremely difficult. Nobody walks into the doctors office and says "Hey! I'm paranoid"- These people do not trust the very doctors they go see.
Keep in mind i am not talking about "Paranoid Schitzophrenia"
Just "Paranoia"
There is a difference!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
just glad you know there are differences.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Are Paranoid people born or created???

Any thoughts on this?

I believe they are created. Since we are small, our parents or guardians tell us to act in a special way or people will not accept us. Acceptance, even as youths is very important to all of us. Remember wearing that shirt in first grade and kids laughing at you the entire day? There is fear this will happen again. They continue to expect trickery and to doubt the loyalty of others.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
i just saw this page:

tinwiki.org...

and i saw that you added a bit to it, great job

EDIT:

was this thread always in this forum???

w0w, i'm confused today...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
They continue to expect trickery and to doubt the loyalty of others.

i have this to a degree. i use to not be like this. everything was fine until i turned about 20. something happened and all of my friends turned on me. not physically but mentally. for a few years this happnened. everytime i would come in contact with one of them..i mean there were a lot of them...they would play head games with me. they all were in on it. and they tried to drive me insane..but it didnt work muuwwahahaha. this is no lie. it was most of the people i had grew up with and partied with all thu high school...guys girls you name it. im 36 today and i deal with it every day. to this day everyone i meet i watch for any kind of mind game. and im good at it. i know most peoples motives. i wish this would have never happened and i could just live freely and not worry about what people think or do. but the world today is FULL of people and it tends to wear on me. sometimes i think its a gift and sometimes i think its a curse. belive me when i say i know who my real friends are.

[edit on 6-6-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i just saw this page:

tinwiki.org...

and i saw that you added a bit to it, great job

EDIT:

was this thread always in this forum???

w0w, i'm confused today...

[edit on 6-6-2006 by they see ALL]
You think YOU"RE confused?

This was supposed to go to Tinwiki, not end up on ATS Skunk works.

Oh well, as long as the little i put in went where it was supposed to go, lets keep on!!!

I love being paranoid. There's so much to be paranoid about these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This was supposed to go to Tinwiki, not end up on ATS Skunk works.

that's weird

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Can we please throw this thread in ze trash can? There's been a mistake.

Thank you~DG

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
why? who's asking? what did they tell you?

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The question is not , "Are you paranoid?"
It's, "Are you paranoid enough?"

new topics

top topics

join