It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada suspects planned to behead PM.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
From what I heard, the lawyer is the one who blurted out the be.ing statement, not the government officials

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh Gee thanks Batoche for clearing everything up, now I don't have to bother waiting for the evidence to weigh in or for the courts to decide.

Now that YOU have stated that these guys are just a bunch of young kids and adults only talking and not planning on carrying out the attacks( bush fires and all that) I feel so much better knowing that you have passed this secret information to us at ATS. I guess you haven't had time to tell the rest of the world yet as THEY DON'T SEEM TO KNOW

sbob- couldn't agree with you more, and your attempt at the double standard is on the money btw, I never saw any mention in your post about pinko, lefty, anti lefty pinko or whatever blah blah. Oh yeah that was Sardion's post

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneSidedCookie
From what I heard, the lawyer is the one who blurted out the be.ing statement, not the government officials

That is a major point that nobody adressed. In fact this thread is becominga big joke if we are supposed to be looking for researched responces. i wanted to start a thread on this until i noticed one, but this one seems dead. oh well i will try anyway.

Question. where is the quotations that state that the terrorists said anything along the lines of be.ing or stroming parliment? are there any grounds to these alegations other than being "alleged" threats? and then went into explicit detail as to what the plans were and the reaction from our prime minister as though the alleged offence was proven to have been attempted to be carried out.

Steven Harpers reaction was that he was not worried for his own safty but rather the safety of all canadians, and that he now recongnizes that the terror threat is actually real. WHAT A HERO.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by tom goose]

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hey Tom Goose, under the new anti-terrorism laws, the Crown doesn't have to give disclosure( evidence basically) to the defense lawyers. All they have to give is a summary of the charges. Normally in most criminal cases disclosure is given, but not when it comes to terrorist charges.

I am very disapointed but not surprised this thread doesn't get much attention.
I guess maybe it's just because we are Canadians.

Harper would make light of the situation, he has 2 young children who I'm sure would be scared of the comments.

Also to show fear to terrorists is to play into their hands. If you laugh it off a bit, it takes away from some of their glory in trying to instill fear in people.

The bail hearings are coming up soon, so maybe more info will be available then.

This may come across as crass, but I'm sure if these actions were carried out and we had widespread devastation, this thread would generate alot more responses.

Kind of sad in a sick way

[edit on 11-6-2006 by alphacenturi]

Forgot to add, Steven Cheng's lawyer told the press about the allegations because he hopes the Crown will feel pressured into showing proof of these allegations, perhaps pressure from the public and the media.

[edit on 11-6-2006 by alphacenturi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join